State of Alaska Law Clerk II Interview Questions & Reviews

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Law Clerk II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Kenai, AK
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kenai, AK

I interviewed through other source. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at State of Alaska in February 2009.

I submitted a packet which contained resume, cover letter, transcripts, and writing sample. Completed the background check before interview was scheduled. Spoke with the law clerk to coordinate the interview. I spoke with the judge briefly. He didn't ask too many questions about my background. We spoke about common interests and that was about it. It was a very easy interview. The law clerk contacted me to schedule a follow-up phone call and then the judge offered me the position.

Interview Questions
  • He asked about theaters in Chicago because he once went to Chicago on a business trip?   View Answer
There wasn't too much negotiation. The salary is set in advance. Although, the salary can be higher for those who have legal experience. The policy regarding reimbursements for travel expenses is set in advance. It is a good place to work. Whether you are thinking about settling in Alaska or not. There is potential to make it to the attorney general's office.

Worked for State of Alaska? Contribute to the Community!