State of Arizona Interview Questions

Updated Jun 25, 2015

Clerk III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrisburg, PA

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at State of Arizona (Harrisburg, PA).

Interview

extremely simple one of the easiest interviews I've had in my life compared to now basic questions about your work history what you can offer and the job position with your experience

Interview Questions

• when you work for the state of Pennsylvania you coming in as an entry-level employee you do not have to have experience they train you for all positions so I did not have any difficult questions and I had very little training but I was a fast learner and I have some customer service experience   Answer Question

Criminal Investigator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at State of Arizona (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

I was interviewed by one person who asked five preselected questions. The candidate was already selected for the position, but they are required to go through the steps. They hired someone who didn't even meet the minimum qualifications. I interviewed for the same position five times, for five different prison complexes. Everyone chosen for these positions didn't even meet the education requirement, and none had more experience or time in than I did. Also, the chosen applicants were not asked the five questions that the rest of us were asked.

Interview Questions

• Describe the Forth Amendment   1 Answer

DDD E-Learning Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at State of Arizona (Phoenix, AZ) in May 2015.

Interview

There was no phone interview. I just applied online and about three weeks later I received a voice message that they wanted me to come in for an in-person interview. I received an email with interview instructions advising me of the day, time, and location of my interview. The email also revealed that I would be interviewing in front of a panel of three interviewers. The email mentioned that I needed to present two e-learning projects of my best work and needed to bring and make three copies of each of my two projects to my interview and present my e-learning projects to the panel in a 10-15 minute presentation. For the interview, I also had to bring a copy of my driving record, paper application (even though I also filled out the application online) and also had to explain any gaps in employment on the paper application. When I got there, I told the receptionist/administrative assistant that I had an interview at 2:30pm and she gave me a blank stare like she didn't know anything about it. Luckily one of the interviewers heard me and quickly intervened and introduced herself to me. The interviewer had me sit in the waiting room area and asked for my application/driving record which she reviewed in the lobby. She told me that the other two interviewers had not arrived yet but should be in the office shortly. The other two interviewers arrived about 15-minutes later and they told me they were running behind and had to set up the room. My interview didn't start until almost 3:00pm. I was finally invited to come in the training room which I assumed would be for my presentation and interview. However, when we started the interview, instead of me presenting my e-learning projects (which the email said I would do) they asked me questions about my projects and when I tried to describe my projects, I was cut off. I suppose they were looking for quick answers and not really a presentation.

Interview Questions

• I was a little frustrated with the interview, as I see instructional design as having many theorists, theories, and beliefs (each with their own process/models/principles), yet, the interview panel was looking for very specific answers. All in all, the interview questions were average. Nothing too difficult. But the interview was long and lasted until about 4:30pm. Two questions which were more complex (at least to me) are listed below: I was asked to describe/explain the ADDIE instructional design process and learning principles. Apparently the manager has only heard of the ADDIE model, because when I mentioned other ISD models/theorists (like SAM or AGILE) I got a blank stare from the interview panel and then the hiring manager said the only ISD model she follows/believes in is ADDIE. I was also asked what assessment tools do I use in instructional design? I mentioned evaluations, surveys, and performance results, but, the answer they were looking for was "Kirkpatrick’s Four Level Evaluation Model."   Answer Question

PSE I-III Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at State of Arizona in January 2015.

Interview

Make sure all the paperwork is filled out, including marking "N/A" in any boxes so that there are no empty spaces. Interviewed by 2 people, asked 9 random questions, and said that I would know within 5 business days. Make sure your references check out, if they can't get a hold of them, you won't get the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There is none. You get the lowest starting pay scale.

Human Resources Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at State of Arizona (Phoenix, AZ) in November 2014.

Interview

Panel interview with 3 staff. Given the interview questions to review and fill out forms. Was called to the interview room before I even had a chance to review because the first person that was supposed to give me paperwork was running late. We sat at a round table in an office. The lead interviewer introduced herself and the other interviewers and their roles in the dept. each took turns asking questions. The panel portion was about 45 minutes standard behavioral interview questions. After that was finished, I was instructed to complete a typed portion of interview , how I would handle certain HR situations. Finished that in about 20 to 30 minutes. Nothing too surprising.

Interview Questions

• Cannot recall specific. Very applicable to job description. How do you andle an employee grievance..   Answer Question

Call Center Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at State of Arizona in May 2014.

Interview

There was two people and they both had a list of questions to ask. The questions were random questions as to what I can contribute. They already know who they want to hire, it is just a process.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation that was difficult and what did you do about it?   1 Answer

Statewide Accountant I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at State of Arizona (Phoenix, AZ) in November 2013.

Interview

Two interviews than offered formal job

Interview Questions

• Strengths/ weakness. Difference between cash and accrual   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

PSE I Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at State of Arizona.

Interview

Applied online. Got a phone call about three weeks later. The call was brief just asking my interest and some basic info. Had a panel interview with two managers. Got a call a week later to verify my references. A few days later I got an email stating I got the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Salary was non negotiable. Was able to choose schedule and location.

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at State of Arizona in October 2013.

Interview

I was contacted by an HR employee to schedule a phone interview because I was out of state. The interview consisted of an HR employee, research director, and two research analysts taking turns asking me questions about my interest, experience, and fit for the position. The director also asked me some individual questions about my school and past jobs at the beginning. They told me that if I advanced past the first interview then I would be given an in-person interview. They told me that the person hired for the person would be working only on a specific research project. It seemed they were concerned about my availability for the position since I was still a few months away from graduating. After the interview I was emailed a writing assignment and told that I had 15 minutes to complete it and send it to them. I was told about a week later that I was not selected for the position. When I contacted them to ask why I was advanced they would not provide any information.

Eligibility Interviewer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at State of Arizona (Phoenix, AZ) in September 2013.

Interview

I applied online, took a 2 hour online assessment(semi-difficult). A couple days later, I got a call for an interview. Interviewed with 2 managers who asked interview questions. The interview lasted about 25-35 minutes. Nothing too difficult.

Interview Questions

• Share a time when you had to deal with an irate customer, how would you deal with a co-worker who's hard to get along with?, Are you a team player?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Pay was non negotiable but I was able to pick a location near my home. Mon-Fri 8-5p.