State of Arizona

Updated Jan 7, 2015
Updated Jan 7, 2015

3.3

Call Center Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at State of Arizona in May 2014.

There was two people and they both had a list of questions to ask. The questions were random questions as to what I can contribute. They already know who they want to hire, it is just a process.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation that was difficult and what did you do about it?   View Answer

Eligibility Interviewer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at State of Arizona in September 2013.

I applied online, took a 2 hour online assessment(semi-difficult). A couple days later, I got a call for an interview. Interviewed with 2 managers who asked interview questions. The interview lasted about 25-35 minutes. Nothing too difficult.

Interview Questions
    • Share a time when you had to deal with an irate customer, how would you deal with a co-worker who's hard to get along with?, Are you a team player?   Answer Question
    Pay was non negotiable but I was able to pick a location near my home. Mon-Fri 8-5p.

Eligibility Interviewer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at State of Arizona in April 2011.

Do not remember the date of the IQ/Skills test but it was intense and online, tool about 2 hours to complete. Never thought I had passed it. Then one day I received a call for a panel interview, so I guess I did pretty good! The panel interview was very professional, took about 1 hour once the quesitons began.

Interview Questions
    • How many times have you had unexcused days from work?   Answer Question
    • How would your current employer/manager describe your work habits to others?   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate the location I would like to work, I had two choices.

GIS Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at State of Arizona in March 2010.

It all went very well - felt I had a connection with the hiring manager.

Legislative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at State of Arizona in October 2008.

Sent letter, received emailed response with skills test.
    Interviewed with panel of three.
    Took second skills test, timed.

Interview Questions

Received a better offer elsewhere.

Child Protective Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kingman, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kingman, AZ

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at State of Arizona in April 2010.

4 person panel asking for specific instances of problem solving and results obtained.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at State of Arizona in February 2009.

Took forever to get an interview. Expect 6 to 8 weeks for the first call. Usually group interviews. Interviewees are usually asked about specific experience related to the job opening. Often people you will be working with will sit in on the interview to see how they like you.

Interview Questions
    • You will not get any oddball question for the most part because they adhere to federal regulations pretty closely. Be prepared to explain why you left your lest position though.   Answer Question
    I asked for an amount and was given that amount. You will not be getting any raises ever, so ask for more than you think is fair. You will have that same salary during your tenure unless you change jobs so BID HIGH. You cannot bargain for perks. Other than how close your parking spot is to the door or where your cubicle is located, there are no perks, If you need a particular working schedule to care for children or go to school, ask for that upfront. You will most likely be accommodated.

DES Information Security Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at State of Arizona in August 2012.

Interviewed with CISO for DES--Dept of Econonic Security for contract position, possibly later hire (but not part of the process today). One hour. Looking for God and Apple Pie. Pay is good for market--but what they are asking for is a lot--excessively so even in today's market where this seems to be the normal. The environment there is not pleasant--dark and dreary and run down.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing particularly hard or unexpected--expect to be thoroughly interviewed, and go through the slow process whether or not they already have someone in mind. Go by the book and bureacracy is the motto here.   Answer Question

Disability Examiner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at State of Arizona in May 2009.

Panel of 3 in an anonymous little gov't room. Not too intimidating, questions were reasonable. Lasted maybe 45 minutes.

Interview Questions
    It's the government, there was no negotiation

PSE III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at State of Arizona in March 2010.

I tested first and then was asked to do a panel interview. After that I received an offer.

There was none.