State of Arizona

15 candidate interviews

Eligibility Interviewer Interview

Eligibility Interviewer
Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at State of Arizona in April 2011.

Interview Details – Do not remember the date of the IQ/Skills test but it was intense and online, tool about 2 hours to complete. Never thought I had passed it. Then one day I received a call for a panel interview, so I guess I did pretty good! The panel interview was very professional, took about 1 hour once the quesitons began.

Interview Questions

• How many times have you had unexcused days from work?   Answer Question
  • How would your current employer/manager describe your work habits to others?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate the location I would like to work, I had two choices.

GIS Interview

GIS

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at State of Arizona in March 2010.

Interview Details – It all went very well - felt I had a connection with the hiring manager.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself   Answer Question

Legislative Assistant Interview

Legislative Assistant
Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at State of Arizona in October 2008.

Interview Details – Sent letter, received emailed response with skills test.
Interviewed with panel of three.
Took second skills test, timed.

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – Received a better offer elsewhere.

Eligibility Interviewer Interview

Eligibility Interviewer
Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at State of Arizona in September 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online, took a 2 hour online assessment(semi-difficult). A couple days later, I got a call for an interview. Interviewed with 2 managers who asked interview questions. The interview lasted about 25-35 minutes. Nothing too difficult.

Interview Question – Share a time when you had to deal with an irate customer, how would you deal with a co-worker who's hard to get along with?, Are you a team player?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Pay was non negotiable but I was able to pick a location near my home. Mon-Fri 8-5p.

PSE III Interview

PSE III
Phoenix, AZ

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at State of Arizona in March 2010.

Interview Details – I tested first and then was asked to do a panel interview. After that I received an offer.

Negotiation Details – There was none.

Systems Analyst Interview

Systems Analyst

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at State of Arizona in February 2010.

Interview Details – Hiring process is slow in some cases. Average hiring time frame can be from 3 - 6 months.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. You are hired at the specified salary.

Research Analyst Interview

Research Analyst

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at State of Arizona in October 2013.

Interview Details – I was contacted by an HR employee to schedule a phone interview because I was out of state. The interview consisted of an HR employee, research director, and two research analysts taking turns asking me questions about my interest, experience, and fit for the position. The director also asked me some individual questions about my school and past jobs at the beginning. They told me that if I advanced past the first interview then I would be given an in-person interview. They told me that the person hired for the person would be working only on a specific research project. It seemed they were concerned about my availability for the position since I was still a few months away from graduating. After the interview I was emailed a writing assignment and told that I had 15 minutes to complete it and send it to them. I was told about a week later that I was not selected for the position. When I contacted them to ask why I was advanced they would not provide any information.

Interview Question – How soon will you be available for the position?   Answer Question

Statewide Accountant I Interview

Statewide Accountant I
Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at State of Arizona in November 2013.

Interview Details – Two interviews than offered formal job

Interview Question – Strengths/ weakness. Difference between cash and accrual   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Investigator Interview

Investigator

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at State of Arizona in January 2009.

Interview Details – walked in and interviewed with a pannel and then had a typing test as well as a background check

Interview Question – How would you handle an irate client?   Answer Question

Child Protective Services Interview

Child Protective Services
Kingman, AZ

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at State of Arizona in April 2010.

Interview Details – 4 person panel asking for specific instances of problem solving and results obtained.

Interview Question – Describe a situation and how you resolved it.   Answer Question

Worked for State of Arizona? Contribute to the Community!