State of Arizona Interview Questions

Updated Jun 25, 2015

Public Service Evulator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at State of Arizona.

Interview

feels like a board meeting where they try to intimidate you but they don't even know what to do

Negotiation

25000 take it or leave it

PSE I Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at State of Arizona.

Interview

Applied online. Got a phone call about three weeks later. The call was brief just asking my interest and some basic info. Had a panel interview with two managers. Got a call a week later to verify my references. A few days later I got an email stating I got the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Salary was non negotiable. Was able to choose schedule and location.

Criminal Investigator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at State of Arizona (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

I was interviewed by one person who asked five preselected questions. The candidate was already selected for the position, but they are required to go through the steps. They hired someone who didn't even meet the minimum qualifications. I interviewed for the same position five times, for five different prison complexes. Everyone chosen for these positions didn't even meet the education requirement, and none had more experience or time in than I did. Also, the chosen applicants were not asked the five questions that the rest of us were asked.

Interview Questions

• Describe the Forth Amendment   1 Answer

Clerk III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrisburg, PA

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at State of Arizona (Harrisburg, PA).

Interview

extremely simple one of the easiest interviews I've had in my life compared to now basic questions about your work history what you can offer and the job position with your experience

Interview Questions

• when you work for the state of Pennsylvania you coming in as an entry-level employee you do not have to have experience they train you for all positions so I did not have any difficult questions and I had very little training but I was a fast learner and I have some customer service experience   Answer Question

PSE I-III Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at State of Arizona in January 2015.

Interview

Make sure all the paperwork is filled out, including marking "N/A" in any boxes so that there are no empty spaces. Interviewed by 2 people, asked 9 random questions, and said that I would know within 5 business days. Make sure your references check out, if they can't get a hold of them, you won't get the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There is none. You get the lowest starting pay scale.

PSE I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at State of Arizona (Tucson, AZ) in November 2011.

Interview

multiple questions from management based on a set determined by policy; same interview for multiple positions in 2007, 2009, and 2010. some questions were based on prior job experience for the same company and if it was a first time interview it would be difficult to answer.

Interview Questions

• What is a negative experience you've had with a past employer?   1 Answer

PSE III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at State of Arizona (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2010.

Interview

I tested first and then was asked to do a panel interview. After that I received an offer.

Negotiation

There was none.

Systems Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at State of Arizona in February 2010.

Interview

Hiring process is slow in some cases. Average hiring time frame can be from 3 - 6 months.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. You are hired at the specified salary.

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at State of Arizona in October 2013.

Interview

I was contacted by an HR employee to schedule a phone interview because I was out of state. The interview consisted of an HR employee, research director, and two research analysts taking turns asking me questions about my interest, experience, and fit for the position. The director also asked me some individual questions about my school and past jobs at the beginning. They told me that if I advanced past the first interview then I would be given an in-person interview. They told me that the person hired for the person would be working only on a specific research project. It seemed they were concerned about my availability for the position since I was still a few months away from graduating. After the interview I was emailed a writing assignment and told that I had 15 minutes to complete it and send it to them. I was told about a week later that I was not selected for the position. When I contacted them to ask why I was advanced they would not provide any information.

Statewide Accountant I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at State of Arizona (Phoenix, AZ) in November 2013.

Interview

Two interviews than offered formal job

Interview Questions

• Strengths/ weakness. Difference between cash and accrual   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation