State of Arizona Interview Questions

Updated Aug 17, 2015

2.9

Env Eng Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at State of Arizona (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Interview took place by phone. Had several phone interviews which was to my advantage I think. The supervisor asked good technical questions and asked me if I was ok giving a notice of violation for a company I had worked for. I did not meet the supervisor until I showed up for my first day at work and even then I reported for orientation training and did not meet the supervisor until after that. It was the best hiring experience I have ever had: I was hired without any sort of predjudice caused by my appearance.

Interview Questions

• As I said above "Would you be ok giving a former employer a notice of violation?"   1 Answer

Information Technology Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at State of Arizona (Phoenix, AZ) in June 2015.

Interview

This process is pretty much the same for ALL State of Arizona Jobs. First thing is that it may take a week or 2 from when you apply before you will get a response. In my case it was an email, then a phone call to schedule an interview. You will have to fill out a form with a VERY long list of horrible crimes that you are certifying that you have not committed. The form is very specific. Do not lie. They will verify your background. You will have a panel interview, consisting of 2 or 3 people. You will be given a set of 10 random questions in a notebook. The interviewers will ask you the questions in the book. They will not generally look at you while you answer. As much as possible answer the question but do it in a way that explains your skills and experience, since there are rarely any followup questions elaborate on anything you are real good at. The interviewers will take notes on what you say. It is ok to talk a lot about the subject of the question and to relate it to anything you think is relevant to the job and your abilities. Do not ramble, do not lie. At the end of the interview there may be some follow up questions, answer them in a similar fashion. You will be given an opportunity to ask questions, take advantage of this. After the interview and depending on how many responses they got from their listing it can take a month or longer to get a followup from the interview. If you are not selected you will probably get an email saying so. If you are a candidate they will call you. From this point they will call your references. They want 10 years of supervisor references not co-workers. If they cannot get 10 years of references they may not hire you. If they cannot get a hold of your references they will most likely not hire you. If you do not hear anything after the post interview call within a week, call the HR person who called you initially and follow up. The most likely bottleneck will be your references. I highly recommend letting your references know a call is coming. The call will most likely come from an unknown number. After they contact your references and if all is good, they will send you an offer letter in an email or fax or whatever works best for you. In some cases a physical is required. Your salary offer will be based on a number of variables: experience, certifications, peer earnings, and more. Do not expect much wiggle room, but if there are any certifications that you forgot to mention in the interview or on the application now would be a good time to let them know. Your first day will be on a Monday at the start of the next pay period.

Interview Questions

• Questions are random so posting them will not help, in the case of my interview they were about things that anyone who has about 2 or 3 years of experience should know.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate much, the offer was very fair.

Human Resources Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at State of Arizona (Phoenix, AZ) in November 2014.

Interview

Panel interview with 3 staff. Given the interview questions to review and fill out forms. Was called to the interview room before I even had a chance to review because the first person that was supposed to give me paperwork was running late. We sat at a round table in an office. The lead interviewer introduced herself and the other interviewers and their roles in the dept. each took turns asking questions. The panel portion was about 45 minutes standard behavioral interview questions. After that was finished, I was instructed to complete a typed portion of interview , how I would handle certain HR situations. Finished that in about 20 to 30 minutes. Nothing too surprising.

Interview Questions

• Cannot recall specific. Very applicable to job description. How do you andle an employee grievance..   Answer Question

Clerk III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrisburg, PA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at State of Arizona (Harrisburg, PA).

Interview

extremely simple one of the easiest interviews I've had in my life compared to now basic questions about your work history what you can offer and the job position with your experience

Interview Questions

• when you work for the state of Pennsylvania you coming in as an entry-level employee you do not have to have experience they train you for all positions so I did not have any difficult questions and I had very little training but I was a fast learner and I have some customer service experience   Answer Question

DDD E-Learning Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at State of Arizona (Phoenix, AZ) in May 2015.

Interview

There was no phone interview. I just applied online and about three weeks later I received a voice message that they wanted me to come in for an in-person interview. I received an email with interview instructions advising me of the day, time, and location of my interview. The email also revealed that I would be interviewing in front of a panel of three interviewers. The email mentioned that I needed to present two e-learning projects of my best work and needed to bring and make three copies of each of my two projects to my interview and present my e-learning projects to the panel in a 10-15 minute presentation. For the interview, I also had to bring a copy of my driving record, paper application (even though I also filled out the application online) and also had to explain any gaps in employment on the paper application. When I got there, I told the receptionist/administrative assistant that I had an interview at 2:30pm and she gave me a blank stare like she didn't know anything about it. Luckily one of the interviewers heard me and quickly intervened and introduced herself to me. The interviewer had me sit in the waiting room area and asked for my application/driving record which she reviewed in the lobby. She told me that the other two interviewers had not arrived yet but should be in the office shortly. The other two interviewers arrived about 15-minutes later and they told me they were running behind and had to set up the room. My interview didn't start until almost 3:00pm. I was finally invited to come in the training room which I assumed would be for my presentation and interview. However, when we started the interview, instead of me presenting my e-learning projects (which the email said I would do) they asked me questions about my projects and when I tried to describe my projects, I was cut off. I suppose they were looking for quick answers and not really a presentation.

Interview Questions

• I was a little frustrated with the interview, as I see instructional design as having many theorists, theories, and beliefs (each with their own process/models/principles), yet, the interview panel was looking for very specific answers. All in all, the interview questions were average. Nothing too difficult. But the interview was long and lasted until about 4:30pm. Two questions which were more complex (at least to me) are listed below: I was asked to describe/explain the ADDIE instructional design process and learning principles. Apparently the manager has only heard of the ADDIE model, because when I mentioned other ISD models/theorists (like SAM or AGILE) I got a blank stare from the interview panel and then the hiring manager said the only ISD model she follows/believes in is ADDIE. I was also asked what assessment tools do I use in instructional design? I mentioned evaluations, surveys, and performance results, but, the answer they were looking for was "Kirkpatrick’s Four Level Evaluation Model."   Answer Question

Criminal Investigator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at State of Arizona (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

I was interviewed by one person who asked five preselected questions. The candidate was already selected for the position, but they are required to go through the steps. They hired someone who didn't even meet the minimum qualifications. I interviewed for the same position five times, for five different prison complexes. Everyone chosen for these positions didn't even meet the education requirement, and none had more experience or time in than I did. Also, the chosen applicants were not asked the five questions that the rest of us were asked.

Interview Questions

• Describe the Forth Amendment   1 Answer

PSE I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at State of Arizona (Tucson, AZ) in November 2011.

Interview

multiple questions from management based on a set determined by policy; same interview for multiple positions in 2007, 2009, and 2010. some questions were based on prior job experience for the same company and if it was a first time interview it would be difficult to answer.

Interview Questions

• What is a negative experience you've had with a past employer?   1 Answer

PSE I-III Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at State of Arizona in January 2015.

Interview

Make sure all the paperwork is filled out, including marking "N/A" in any boxes so that there are no empty spaces. Interviewed by 2 people, asked 9 random questions, and said that I would know within 5 business days. Make sure your references check out, if they can't get a hold of them, you won't get the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There is none. You get the lowest starting pay scale.

Call Center Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at State of Arizona in May 2014.

Interview

There was two people and they both had a list of questions to ask. The questions were random questions as to what I can contribute. They already know who they want to hire, it is just a process.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation that was difficult and what did you do about it?   1 Answer

Statewide Accountant I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at State of Arizona (Phoenix, AZ) in November 2013.

Interview

Two interviews than offered formal job

Interview Questions

• Strengths/ weakness. Difference between cash and accrual   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation