State of Arizona Interview Questions

Updated Aug 11, 2014
Updated Aug 11, 2014

3.4

Call Center Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at State of Arizona in May 2014.

There was two people and they both had a list of questions to ask. The questions were random questions as to what I can contribute. They already know who they want to hire, it is just a process.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation that was difficult and what did you do about it?   View Answer

Statewide Accountant I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at State of Arizona in November 2013.

Two interviews than offered formal job

Interview Questions
    • Strengths/ weakness. Difference between cash and accrual   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Research Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at State of Arizona in October 2013.

I was contacted by an HR employee to schedule a phone interview because I was out of state. The interview consisted of an HR employee, research director, and two research analysts taking turns asking me questions about my interest, experience, and fit for the position. The director also asked me some individual questions about my school and past jobs at the beginning. They told me that if I advanced past the first interview then I would be given an in-person interview. They told me that the person hired for the person would be working only on a specific research project. It seemed they were concerned about my availability for the position since I was still a few months away from graduating. After the interview I was emailed a writing assignment and told that I had 15 minutes to complete it and send it to them. I was told about a week later that I was not selected for the position. When I contacted them to ask why I was advanced they would not provide any information.

Systems Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at State of Arizona in February 2010.

Hiring process is slow in some cases. Average hiring time frame can be from 3 - 6 months.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation. You are hired at the specified salary.

PSE III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at State of Arizona in March 2010.

I tested first and then was asked to do a panel interview. After that I received an offer.

There was none.

Eligibility Interviewer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at State of Arizona in September 2013.

I applied online, took a 2 hour online assessment(semi-difficult). A couple days later, I got a call for an interview. Interviewed with 2 managers who asked interview questions. The interview lasted about 25-35 minutes. Nothing too difficult.

Interview Questions
    • Share a time when you had to deal with an irate customer, how would you deal with a co-worker who's hard to get along with?, Are you a team player?   Answer Question
    Pay was non negotiable but I was able to pick a location near my home. Mon-Fri 8-5p.

PSE I Interview

I applied online - interviewed at State of Arizona.

Applied online. Got a phone call about three weeks later. The call was brief just asking my interest and some basic info. Had a panel interview with two managers. Got a call a week later to verify my references. A few days later I got an email stating I got the job.

Interview Questions
    Salary was non negotiable. Was able to choose schedule and location.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 4+ months - interviewed at State of Arizona in February 2009.

Took forever to get an interview. Expect 6 to 8 weeks for the first call. Usually group interviews. Interviewees are usually asked about specific experience related to the job opening. Often people you will be working with will sit in on the interview to see how they like you.

Interview Questions
    • You will not get any oddball question for the most part because they adhere to federal regulations pretty closely. Be prepared to explain why you left your lest position though.   Answer Question
    I asked for an amount and was given that amount. You will not be getting any raises ever, so ask for more than you think is fair. You will have that same salary during your tenure unless you change jobs so BID HIGH. You cannot bargain for perks. Other than how close your parking spot is to the door or where your cubicle is located, there are no perks, If you need a particular working schedule to care for children or go to school, ask for that upfront. You will most likely be accommodated.

Public Service Evulator Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at State of Arizona.

feels like a board meeting where they try to intimidate you but they don't even know what to do

25000 take it or leave it

Disability Examiner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tucson, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at State of Arizona in May 2009.

Panel of 3 in an anonymous little gov't room. Not too intimidating, questions were reasonable. Lasted maybe 45 minutes.

Interview Questions
    It's the government, there was no negotiation

Worked for State of Arizona? Contribute to the Community!