State of Arkansas

Getting the Interview

8 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Director Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at State of Arkansas in October 2010.

Interview Details – DHS has a process they train all managers on and the first time you try to use it one realizes the rules were made to be broken. The legislature enacts a lot of rules and everyone has workarounds for them. Relatives and friends are hired above people who actually qualify for the jobs.

Interview Question – How would you change or work within a system that is mired in bureaucracy?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I told them my minimum salary. They came back with an offer $100 under.

Supervisor Interview

Supervisor
Little Rock, AR

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at State of Arkansas.

Interview Details – Job advertised on Arkansas State Government Jobs website. Interviewed with unprepared interview panel that did not seem to know much about the job themselves. They could not answer my questions with much detail.

Interview Question – Why do you want this job?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Although they advertised a salary range, there is no negotiations unless you know the Director of the Agency.

Investigator Interview

Hot Springs, AR

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at State of Arkansas in September 2009.

Interview Details – on line application, Received phone call to set up appointment. About one hour interview. Interview covered experience in doing the work. Why wanting to leave the current job. How one feels about the importance of the work being done for the people being served. How you deal with angry clients, customer services.

Interview Question – most difficult. what are your weaknesses   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – there is no negotiation in Arkansas salary is set by law

Law Clerk Interview

Little Rock, AR

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at State of Arkansas in May 2010.

Interview Details – I only had one interview and I knew that I was likely to be selected because I hit it off with the judge right away. I made sure that I knew as much about him and his decision theories before I went in to the interview.

Interview Question – Do you know how to make Apple product merge with PC products?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was not able to negotiate.

Program Coordinator Interview

Program Coordinator
Little Rock, AR

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at State of Arkansas in March 2010.

Interview Details – As a volunteer who was previously passed up for employment one time before, I continued to volunteer and then the position was open once again where I was then encouraged to apply and interview with the director as well as with his liaison with the state's office if personnel management

Interview Question – Will you be able to commit to at least two years of employment while making work a top priority while at work?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Administrative Interview

Little Rock, AR

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at State of Arkansas in June 2008.

Interview Details – It took a couple of months before I was contacted. After applying for the position, I was mailed a questionnaire, which contain 10 questions about your experience and other "stuff". After being called for the interview...I was asked the same questions that was in the questionnaire. When I arrived at the agency I was interviewing for, I noticed how some of the people were talking loud, some were gossiping on the phone. I also noticed that they were dressed casually.

Interview Question – How many years of AASIS experience do you have?   View Answer

Probation Officer Interview

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at State of Arkansas in May 2010.

Interview Details – Over all it was easy and the officer made sure your were calm and relaxed.

Interview Question – If put in a situation could you use deadly force.   Answer Question

Records Management Analyst II Interview

Records Management Analyst II

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at State of Arkansas in April 2008.

Interview Details – The process was very time consuming and the waiting was very long. There was a telephone call, after which a face to face interview. The background check and drug test was next in the process.

Interview Question – What is the computer skill set?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for State of Arkansas? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at State of Arkansas interview questions and advice. All 8 interview reviews posted anonymously by State of Arkansas employees and interview candidates.