State of California Office of Statewide Health Planning

State of California Office of Statewide Health Planning Interview Questions

Updated Feb 5, 2015

Staff Services Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at State of California Office of Statewide Health Planning (Sacramento, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied for a position one week and got a call to interview the next week. There were two people on the interview panel. The interview lasted about 45 minutes. There was no test beforehand. There were 6 questions, 2 of which were not at all relevant to the position that I could tell. Be prepared for "what if" questions and read all of the website material beforehand if you really want this job. I have not received a call afterward as the interview just happened. I am not sure what the process is after the interview.

Interview Questions

• If you found out that the department's budget was losing money, had no more funding, what would you recommend?   1 Answer

Accountant Traine Interview

Interview

Nice and friendly. Typical Interview Questions

Parole Agent III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 12+ monthsinterviewed at State of California Office of Statewide Health Planning (Sacramento, CA) in March 2009.

Interview

Bachelor degree minimum required. Be aware of all applicable Laws governing Parole and Treatment of convicted felons while under supervision. Written exam 3 hours. Oral interview, Peace Officer background

Interview Questions

• If you discover an Agent is lying about his work detail and you are required to fire this person. Even if this person has been in life threatening situations with you before...   1 Answer

Negotiation

none. Job offer I accepted

Claim Examiner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at State of California Office of Statewide Health Planning (San Diego, CA) in June 2009.

Interview

they were looking for bilinguals when i was hired

Interview Questions

• they have the typical questions - you are interviewed by the managers   Answer Question

Negotiation

you start at the lowest pay always and slowly increased until you cap

Office Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hollywood, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at State of California Office of Statewide Health Planning (Hollywood, CA) in May 2010.

Interview

You must take and get your test score for the Office Technician position to be eligible to even submit a mandatory, hard copy of an official State Application. Read instructions completely for how to fill out the job application. Your attention to detail / instructions is part of your Exam to qualify for an interview. Read the bulletin / announcement completely, it will tell you if they are hiring internally or accepting from outside. If it has qualifications it insists on, that you do not have, do no apply. If you're invited to interview, 3 person panel. Bring EVERYTHING they request. There is usually a a computer generated written exam seeing if you can follow instructions. If you don't understand something, you cannot ask for help. All interviews are EQUALLY given. They will ask you and all candidates the same questions. You have a chance to 'shine' at the end, when they ask you if you have 'any questions'. THEY WILL CALL YOUR REFERENCES AND FORMER EMPLOYERS.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was none.

Personnel Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at State of California Office of Statewide Health Planning (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Mostly based on Resume. Had to take a test and was required to have at least 2 years of college. The interview was mostly impersonal and disconcerting. Who I was and I could bring to the job was not as big a consideration as was my attitude about be a "team member" My qualification werer breezed over quickly. The interview last about 10 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Do I have any strong negative issures about unions.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was none. I was called by someone in personnel and informed that I had been accepted and could begin orintation the following Monday. The salary benefits were establish prio to the call.

Auditor Evaluator I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at State of California Office of Statewide Health Planning (Sacramento, CA) in May 2011.

Interview

I submitted the state application together with resume through email. Approximately three weeks after the final filing deadline, I received a call from the Department and scheduled an in-person interview. Since a lot of applicants were coming from different states, the department offered the same interview either by phone or in-person. As I was told by the department, the interview consisted of 5 questions including behavioral and situation questions. This was a panel interview with 2 interviewers. First, I was assigned to sit in a small room, and they provided a sheet of paper which contained the five questions that they were going to ask during the interview. After about 10 minutes, I was directed into another room for the interview. One of the interviewer read the questions one by one, and they gave you enough time to answer each one of them. You could go back to a particular question to add more details to your answers later. The interviewers wrote down your answers in their worksheets. Behavioral questions included: Tell me about a team experience that wasn't functioning well Tell me about a team experience on a subject that you never worked on The other two situation questions were case study regarding performance audit for government agencies. You need to provide details about how you will audit them in the situation provided. After the interview, they allowed sometime for you to ask questions. The interviewers were nice and talked about the weather and driving condition before we began. You just need to be prepared and tell your stories. They will not interact with you while you are providing your answers. It was very competitive. I heard from the interviewer that they received over 15,000 applications.

Interview Questions

• In this situation, what are the objectives of your audit for this government agency to ensure that they are in compliance with the applicable regulation?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at State of California Office of Statewide Health Planning in April 2013.

Interview

Submitted standard state application on the final filing date. I was contacted within a week of submitting the application to set up and interview for the following week. There were two people on the interview panel. My observations of the employees was mostly positive, people were friendly and open. I was given 15 minutes to provide references and review the interview questions. Take advantage of this short time to look over all the questions and make notes on the points you want to make. Really helps you remember things you want to discuss because when you are nervous, you tend to forget or overlook strong points. Questions were basic -- experience with a difficult project, (how you handled it and what was result), describe a situation where you work with difficult people, etc. Interview took about half an hour, with the interviewers jotting down notes while I answered. Always research the job, the department and have some questions to ask at the end to better understand the job but also to show you are interested and have given consideration.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to describe in detail a project I was responsible for and had to lay out the start to finish. Have a really good example in mind and stay positive!   1 Answer

Associate Governmental Program Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at State of California Office of Statewide Health Planning (Sacramento, CA) in August 2012.

Interview

It was a great interview process with straight forward questions. Management was very relaxed and opened, which gave me the opportunity to focus on my experience and my qualifications rather than being too nervous. I had approximately nine questions and a writing assessment. The writing assessment had about ten different choices. Interview length was about 45 minutes. The interview had a panel of three. Two line managers and another upper manager.

Interview Questions

• Please tell me about a project you had to complete in the past that you could have done better? What went wrong and what would you have done different if given a second chance?   1 Answer

Negotiation

State of California has set salaries for every position. There is no room for negotiation. You either start at beginning level or level 2, 3 or 4 depending on how many years of related experience you have.

Telecommunications Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at State of California Office of Statewide Health Planning (Sacramento, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

FCC first class license required... experiance at a component level and commercial communications experiance required.

Negotiation

none