State of California Office of Statewide Health Planning

www.oshpd.ca.gov

State of California Office of Statewide Health Planning Interview Questions & Reviews

27 interviews

2.9

Benefits Assessment Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Oakland, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 3+ months - interviewed at State of California Office of Statewide Health Planning in June 2009.

I first took an exam with 90 other people in downtown Oakland(this was for the Alameda county). After passing the exam in about four weeks they called me in for a group interview with 5 people who would be involved in hiring me. This made it feel unessarily weird.

Lucensing Program Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sacramento, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

I interviewed in-person. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at State of California Office of Statewide Health Planning.

Important to read the job specs and know a little about the agency to which you are applying. It is helpful to have experience with the agency, know of current events involving the agency, agency dirctor etc. Most interviews are a series of questions asked by the panel, don't worry about eye contact from them as they tend to have their heads down writing. This is a good thing. Try and repeat their question back in your answer. Good luck.

Interview Questions
    • What do you like and not like about your current position?   View Answer
    No negotiation in government job.

Budget Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Sacramento, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at State of California Office of Statewide Health Planning in October 2011.

I received a phone call setting up an appointment for an interview. I was interviewed by a panel of three people. I was asked about 9 questions. Each person asked 3 questions each. After the interview I was given a test in Excel that involved budget questions and computations. I was told they interviewed 6 other cndidates. I calle in two weeks and they selected another candidate.

Employment Program Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at State of California Office of Statewide Health Planning in September 2009.

I applied in April 09 & jobs opened up 12/09 I was persistant & kept calling the manager. I had a great interview & an offer followed by end of week.

There is no negotiation. Salaries are set.

Staff Services Manager II Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Sacramento, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at State of California Office of Statewide Health Planning in January 2011.

Submit application and waited for a call for interview, given time and information. Was contacted regarding second interview. Panel was very open to questions and responded very open and honestly. Open position listings are posted for an appropriate time frame. I always suggest that you never count yourself out and think that you are not eligible. List all jobs that are relevant to position you are applying for and let those reviewing your application determine your eligibility. You may have characteristics that they are looking for, that are not listed in the job description.

Manager In 07 Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at State of California Office of Statewide Health Planning in March 2008.

straight forward fine.

no negotiaqtion

Licensing Program Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Riverside, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Riverside, CA

I interviewed in-person. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at State of California Office of Statewide Health Planning in April 2009.

The interview process starts with a word skills test which is then followed by a panel interview. There are approximately 6 hypothetical situation questions that you have to answer and about 2 personal experience questions. The office employees seem to be focused and and withdrawn. They were not overtly friendly. It took about 30 days to get a response of a denial.

Interview Questions
    • What policy or procedures would you use to deal with a disgruntled client?   View Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at State of California Office of Statewide Health Planning in January 2010.

Assistant of office emailed over the specifics and scheduled an appointment with senior analysts. Interviewers gave little direction as did the assistant when I contacted them. Test, group interview, feel like they have some altruistic aura over their heads because it's public service...but they couldn't describe it whatsoever.

Accountant Trainee Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at State of California Office of Statewide Health Planning.

Have had two Accountant Trainee interviews with the State of California's Controller's Office. I was isolated in a room with a computer & printer, and given twenty minutes to generate a response to a question, which I was to verbally present (in 3 minutes) at the onset of the oral portion of the Panel Interview. Clever, I thought. A test of multiple skills - organizational, oral and written communication, computer literacy skills, etc. Did I get the job? Don't know for sure - I was never even the courtesy of a reject letter!

Associate Governmental Program Analyst Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at State of California Office of Statewide Health Planning in January 2010.

The interview for Associate Governmental Program Analyst is a typical panel interview where you meet with the manager who would be your boss, one of the staff people you will work with and sometimes the HR person who works in the department which is hiring you. Most of the questions will be about your previous analytical experience. The most important thing to remember when interviewing for these positions is to do your homework ahead of time and know a little bit about the program in which you interview for. If you are scheduled for an interview, ask the person who schedules you if they can send you a duty statement. A duty statement is a detail job description of the position. Usually you can figure out what they are looking for by reading the duty statement and researching the department website.

Interview Questions
    • What is your experience in interpreting and implementing the California Code of Regulations?   Answer Question
    • Describe how you would manage workflows within your unit.   Answer Question
    At this level, salary is typically not negotiable. A starting Associate Governmental Program Analyst will always be started at $4400 unless you are transferring from a similar classification and you are already earning more.

See What State of California Office of Statewide Health Planning Employees Are Saying

Former Examinations Manager in San Francisco, CA

Pros: “One of the only work places that offers Defined Benefits Plan for retirement which gives health benefits and pension for life and transferable to your beneficiary. Not too hard to keep…” Full Review

Worked for State of California Office of Statewide Health Planning? Contribute to the Community!