State of California Office of Statewide Health Planning
www.oshpd.ca.gov Sacramento, CA 150 to 499 Employees

State of California Office of Statewide Health Planning Interview Questions & Reviews

Getting the Interview

Average Difficulty
27 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Benefits Assessment Clerk Interview

Benefits Assessment Clerk
Oakland, CA

I applied online and the process took 3+ months - interviewed at State of California Office of Statewide Health Planning in June 2009.

Interview Details – I first took an exam with 90 other people in downtown Oakland(this was for the Alameda county). After passing the exam in about four weeks they called me in for a group interview with 5 people who would be involved in hiring me. This made it feel unessarily weird.

Interview Question – Nothing crazy or unexpected   Answer Question

Lucensing Program Analyst Interview

Lucensing Program Analyst
Sacramento, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at State of California Office of Statewide Health Planning.

Interview Details – Important to read the job specs and know a little about the agency to which you are applying. It is helpful to have experience with the agency, know of current events involving the agency, agency dirctor etc. Most interviews are a series of questions asked by the panel, don't worry about eye contact from them as they tend to have their heads down writing. This is a good thing. Try and repeat their question back in your answer. Good luck.

Interview Question – What do you like and not like about your current position?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation in government job.

Budget Analyst Interview

Budget Analyst
Sacramento, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at State of California Office of Statewide Health Planning in October 2011.

Interview Details – I received a phone call setting up an appointment for an interview. I was interviewed by a panel of three people. I was asked about 9 questions. Each person asked 3 questions each. After the interview I was given a test in Excel that involved budget questions and computations. I was told they interviewed 6 other cndidates. I calle in two weeks and they selected another candidate.

Employment Program Representative Interview

Employment Program Representative
San Francisco, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at State of California Office of Statewide Health Planning in September 2009.

Interview Details – I applied in April 09 & jobs opened up 12/09 I was persistant & kept calling the manager. I had a great interview & an offer followed by end of week.

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation. Salaries are set.

Staff Services Manager II Interview

Staff Services Manager II
Sacramento, CA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at State of California Office of Statewide Health Planning in January 2011.

Interview Details – Submit application and waited for a call for interview, given time and information. Was contacted regarding second interview. Panel was very open to questions and responded very open and honestly. Open position listings are posted for an appropriate time frame. I always suggest that you never count yourself out and think that you are not eligible. List all jobs that are relevant to position you are applying for and let those reviewing your application determine your eligibility. You may have characteristics that they are looking for, that are not listed in the job description.

Manager In 07 Interview

Manager In 07
San Diego, CA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at State of California Office of Statewide Health Planning in March 2008.

Interview Details – straight forward fine.

Interview Question – Prioritizing work   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no negotiaqtion

Licensing Program Analyst Interview

Licensing Program Analyst
Riverside, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at State of California Office of Statewide Health Planning in April 2009.

Interview Details – The interview process starts with a word skills test which is then followed by a panel interview. There are approximately 6 hypothetical situation questions that you have to answer and about 2 personal experience questions. The office employees seem to be focused and and withdrawn. They were not overtly friendly. It took about 30 days to get a response of a denial.

Interview Question – What policy or procedures would you use to deal with a disgruntled client?   View Answer

Analyst Interview

Analyst
San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at State of California Office of Statewide Health Planning in January 2010.

Interview Details – Assistant of office emailed over the specifics and scheduled an appointment with senior analysts. Interviewers gave little direction as did the assistant when I contacted them. Test, group interview, feel like they have some altruistic aura over their heads because it's public service...but they couldn't describe it whatsoever.

Accountant Trainee Interview

Accountant Trainee

I applied online and interviewed at State of California Office of Statewide Health Planning.

Interview Details – Have had two Accountant Trainee interviews with the State of California's Controller's Office. I was isolated in a room with a computer & printer, and given twenty minutes to generate a response to a question, which I was to verbally present (in 3 minutes) at the onset of the oral portion of the Panel Interview. Clever, I thought. A test of multiple skills - organizational, oral and written communication, computer literacy skills, etc. Did I get the job? Don't know for sure - I was never even the courtesy of a reject letter!

Interview Question – None, oral interview read like a book.   Answer Question

Associate Governmental Program Analyst Interview

Associate Governmental Program Analyst

The process took a day - interviewed at State of California Office of Statewide Health Planning in January 2010.

Interview Details – The interview for Associate Governmental Program Analyst is a typical panel interview where you meet with the manager who would be your boss, one of the staff people you will work with and sometimes the HR person who works in the department which is hiring you. Most of the questions will be about your previous analytical experience. The most important thing to remember when interviewing for these positions is to do your homework ahead of time and know a little bit about the program in which you interview for. If you are scheduled for an interview, ask the person who schedules you if they can send you a duty statement. A duty statement is a detail job description of the position. Usually you can figure out what they are looking for by reading the duty statement and researching the department website.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience in interpreting and implementing the California Code of Regulations?   Answer Question
  • Describe how you would manage workflows within your unit.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – At this level, salary is typically not negotiable. A starting Associate Governmental Program Analyst will always be started at $4400 unless you are transferring from a similar classification and you are already earning more.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at State of California Office of Statewide Health Planning

See What State of California Office of Statewide Health Planning Employees Are Saying

Current Service Center Representative in Sacramento, CA

Pros: “Job Security, Benefits, chances of advancement once you are in” Full Review

Worked for State of California Office of Statewide Health Planning? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at State of California Office of Statewide Health Planning interview questions and advice. All 27 interview reviews posted anonymously by State of California Office of Statewide Health Planning employees and interview candidates.