State of California Office of Statewide Health Planning

State of California Office of Statewide Health Planning Interview Questions

Updated Feb 5, 2015
Updated Feb 5, 2015

Employment Program Representative Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at State of California Office of Statewide Health Planning in November 2010.

Required to take a written test., and a demonstration /observation portion during the interview process. Had to give a 5 minute presentation on the subject of my choice and write a business form letter based on a situation provided by the interviewer.

Interview Questions
    • What makes you a good fit for this position?   View Answer

Data Processing Manager I Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at State of California Office of Statewide Health Planning in February 2008.

The process inclued an application process, an interview with patterned standardized questions, my answers were scored based on patterned answers and my answers were scored and ranked based on my answers and in comparision to the other applicants. I then applied for positions that on my eligibity for individuals positions. I was hired after my first interview.

Interview Questions
    • Tell about your knowledge of the system development lifecycle (SDLC)   View Answer
    • What would you do if you had a good employee that personal problems started to effect their job.   View Answer
    Therer was no negotiation phase. The salary and job requirements were already established and there is no deviation.

Employment Program Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at State of California Office of Statewide Health Planning in May 2009.

Applied on line, and was called in for interview.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you dealt with people with different socio-economically backgrounds.   Answer Question

Staff Healthcare Service Plan Analyst Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at State of California Office of Statewide Health Planning in March 2009.

It was an open exam and a promotional exam. My application was accepted for admittance to the exam and a panel of three conducted the interview. Once the results were posted review of current job duties were conducted and it was determined that the initial probationary period had to be passed before a promotion would be given, regardless of the level of experience of the employee.

Licensing Program Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Riverside, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Riverside, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at State of California Office of Statewide Health Planning in April 2009.

The interview process starts with a word skills test which is then followed by a panel interview. There are approximately 6 hypothetical situation questions that you have to answer and about 2 personal experience questions. The office employees seem to be focused and and withdrawn. They were not overtly friendly. It took about 30 days to get a response of a denial.

Interview Questions
    • What policy or procedures would you use to deal with a disgruntled client?   View Answer

Manager In 07 Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at State of California Office of Statewide Health Planning in March 2008.

straight forward fine.

no negotiaqtion

Auditor Evaluator I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at State of California Office of Statewide Health Planning in May 2011.

I submitted the state application together with resume through email. Approximately three weeks after the final filing deadline, I received a call from the Department and scheduled an in-person interview. Since a lot of applicants were coming from different states, the department offered the same interview either by phone or in-person. As I was told by the department, the interview consisted of 5 questions including behavioral and situation questions.

This was a panel interview with 2 interviewers. First, I was assigned to sit in a small room, and they provided a sheet of paper which contained the five questions that they were going to ask during the interview. After about 10 minutes, I was directed into another room for the interview. One of the interviewer read the questions one by one, and they gave you enough time to answer each one of them. You could go back to a particular question to add more details to your answers later. The interviewers wrote down your answers in their worksheets.

Behavioral questions included:
    Tell me about a team experience that wasn't functioning well
    Tell me about a team experience on a subject that you never worked on

The other two situation questions were case study regarding performance audit for government agencies. You need to provide details about how you will audit them in the situation provided.

After the interview, they allowed sometime for you to ask questions. The interviewers were nice and talked about the weather and driving condition before we began. You just need to be prepared and tell your stories. They will not interact with you while you are providing your answers. It was very competitive. I heard from the interviewer that they received over 15,000 applications.

Interview Questions
    • In this situation, what are the objectives of your audit for this government agency to ensure that they are in compliance with the applicable regulation?   Answer Question

Telecommunications Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

I applied in-person – interviewed at State of California Office of Statewide Health Planning in June 2012.

FCC first class license required... experiance at a component level and commercial communications experiance required.

none

Associate Governmental Program Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at State of California Office of Statewide Health Planning in August 2012.

It was a great interview process with straight forward questions. Management was very relaxed and opened, which gave me the opportunity to focus on my experience and my qualifications rather than being too nervous. I had approximately nine questions and a writing assessment. The writing assessment had about ten different choices. Interview length was about 45 minutes. The interview had a panel of three. Two line managers and another upper manager.

Interview Questions
    • Please tell me about a project you had to complete in the past that you could have done better? What went wrong and what would you have done different if given a second chance?   View Answer
    State of California has set salaries for every position. There is no room for negotiation. You either start at beginning level or level 2, 3 or 4 depending on how many years of related experience you have.

Claim Examiner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through other source – interviewed at State of California Office of Statewide Health Planning in June 2009.

they were looking for bilinguals when i was hired

Interview Questions
    • they have the typical questions - you are interviewed by the managers   Answer Question
    you start at the lowest pay always and slowly increased until you cap

See What State of California Office of Statewide Health Planning Employees Are Saying

Current OBIEE Administrative/Developer

Pros: “Most Challenging Project in My career” Full Review

Work at State of California Office of Statewide Health Planning? Share Your Experiences

State of California Office of Statewide Health Planning