State of California Office of Statewide Health Planning

Unclaimed Profile

State of California Office of Statewide Health Planning Interview Questions

Updated Feb 5, 2015

Employment Program Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at State of California Office of Statewide Health Planning in May 2009.

Interview

Applied on line, and was called in for interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you dealt with people with different socio-economically backgrounds.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at State of California Office of Statewide Health Planning in March 2009.

Interview

It was an open exam and a promotional exam. My application was accepted for admittance to the exam and a panel of three conducted the interview. Once the results were posted review of current job duties were conducted and it was determined that the initial probationary period had to be passed before a promotion would be given, regardless of the level of experience of the employee.

Licensing Program Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at State of California Office of Statewide Health Planning (Riverside, CA) in April 2009.

Interview

The interview process starts with a word skills test which is then followed by a panel interview. There are approximately 6 hypothetical situation questions that you have to answer and about 2 personal experience questions. The office employees seem to be focused and and withdrawn. They were not overtly friendly. It took about 30 days to get a response of a denial.

Interview Questions

• What policy or procedures would you use to deal with a disgruntled client?   1 Answer

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at State of California Office of Statewide Health Planning in January 2010.

Interview

The interview for Associate Governmental Program Analyst is a typical panel interview where you meet with the manager who would be your boss, one of the staff people you will work with and sometimes the HR person who works in the department which is hiring you. Most of the questions will be about your previous analytical experience. The most important thing to remember when interviewing for these positions is to do your homework ahead of time and know a little bit about the program in which you interview for. If you are scheduled for an interview, ask the person who schedules you if they can send you a duty statement. A duty statement is a detail job description of the position. Usually you can figure out what they are looking for by reading the duty statement and researching the department website.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience in interpreting and implementing the California Code of Regulations?   Answer Question
    • Describe how you would manage workflows within your unit.   Answer Question

Negotiation

At this level, salary is typically not negotiable. A starting Associate Governmental Program Analyst will always be started at $4400 unless you are transferring from a similar classification and you are already earning more.

Employment Program Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at State of California Office of Statewide Health Planning (San Francisco, CA) in September 2009.

Interview

I applied in April 09 & jobs opened up 12/09 I was persistant & kept calling the manager. I had a great interview & an offer followed by end of week.

Negotiation

There is no negotiation. Salaries are set.

Employment Program Representative Interview

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at State of California Office of Statewide Health Planning in November 2010.

Interview

Required to take a written test., and a demonstration /observation portion during the interview process. Had to give a 5 minute presentation on the subject of my choice and write a business form letter based on a situation provided by the interviewer.

Interview Questions

• What makes you a good fit for this position?   1 Answer

Manager In 07 Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at State of California Office of Statewide Health Planning (San Diego, CA) in March 2008.

Interview

straight forward fine.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiaqtion

Auditor Evaluator I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at State of California Office of Statewide Health Planning (Sacramento, CA) in May 2011.

Interview

I submitted the state application together with resume through email. Approximately three weeks after the final filing deadline, I received a call from the Department and scheduled an in-person interview. Since a lot of applicants were coming from different states, the department offered the same interview either by phone or in-person. As I was told by the department, the interview consisted of 5 questions including behavioral and situation questions. This was a panel interview with 2 interviewers. First, I was assigned to sit in a small room, and they provided a sheet of paper which contained the five questions that they were going to ask during the interview. After about 10 minutes, I was directed into another room for the interview. One of the interviewer read the questions one by one, and they gave you enough time to answer each one of them. You could go back to a particular question to add more details to your answers later. The interviewers wrote down your answers in their worksheets. Behavioral questions included: Tell me about a team experience that wasn't functioning well Tell me about a team experience on a subject that you never worked on The other two situation questions were case study regarding performance audit for government agencies. You need to provide details about how you will audit them in the situation provided. After the interview, they allowed sometime for you to ask questions. The interviewers were nice and talked about the weather and driving condition before we began. You just need to be prepared and tell your stories. They will not interact with you while you are providing your answers. It was very competitive. I heard from the interviewer that they received over 15,000 applications.

Interview Questions

• In this situation, what are the objectives of your audit for this government agency to ensure that they are in compliance with the applicable regulation?   Answer Question

Lucensing Program Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at State of California Office of Statewide Health Planning (Sacramento, CA).

Interview

Important to read the job specs and know a little about the agency to which you are applying. It is helpful to have experience with the agency, know of current events involving the agency, agency dirctor etc. Most interviews are a series of questions asked by the panel, don't worry about eye contact from them as they tend to have their heads down writing. This is a good thing. Try and repeat their question back in your answer. Good luck.

Interview Questions

• What do you like and not like about your current position?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation in government job.

Benefits Assessment Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at State of California Office of Statewide Health Planning (Oakland, CA) in June 2009.

Interview

I first took an exam with 90 other people in downtown Oakland(this was for the Alameda county). After passing the exam in about four weeks they called me in for a group interview with 5 people who would be involved in hiring me. This made it feel unessarily weird.

Interview Questions

See What State of California Office of Statewide Health Planning Employees Are Saying

Current Labor Relations Specialist in Sacramento, CA

Pros: “My retirement and benefits for the State”“My retirement and benefits for the State” – Full Review