State of California Office of Statewide Health Planning

www.oshpd.ca.gov

State of California Office of Statewide Health Planning Interview Questions

2.9

Associate Governmental Program Analyst Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at State of California Office of Statewide Health Planning in January 2010.

The interview for Associate Governmental Program Analyst is a typical panel interview where you meet with the manager who would be your boss, one of the staff people you will work with and sometimes the HR person who works in the department which is hiring you. Most of the questions will be about your previous analytical experience. The most important thing to remember when interviewing for these positions is to do your homework ahead of time and know a little bit about the program in which you interview for. If you are scheduled for an interview, ask the person who schedules you if they can send you a duty statement. A duty statement is a detail job description of the position. Usually you can figure out what they are looking for by reading the duty statement and researching the department website.

Interview Questions
    • What is your experience in interpreting and implementing the California Code of Regulations?   Answer Question
    • Describe how you would manage workflows within your unit.   Answer Question
    At this level, salary is typically not negotiable. A starting Associate Governmental Program Analyst will always be started at $4400 unless you are transferring from a similar classification and you are already earning more.

Lucensing Program Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at State of California Office of Statewide Health Planning.

Important to read the job specs and know a little about the agency to which you are applying. It is helpful to have experience with the agency, know of current events involving the agency, agency dirctor etc. Most interviews are a series of questions asked by the panel, don't worry about eye contact from them as they tend to have their heads down writing. This is a good thing. Try and repeat their question back in your answer. Good luck.

Interview Questions
    • What do you like and not like about your current position?   View Answer
    No negotiation in government job.

Employment Program Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

The process took a dayinterviewed at State of California Office of Statewide Health Planning in September 2009.

I applied in April 09 & jobs opened up 12/09 I was persistant & kept calling the manager. I had a great interview & an offer followed by end of week.

There is no negotiation. Salaries are set.

Employment Program Representative Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at State of California Office of Statewide Health Planning in November 2010.

Required to take a written test., and a demonstration /observation portion during the interview process. Had to give a 5 minute presentation on the subject of my choice and write a business form letter based on a situation provided by the interviewer.

Interview Questions
    • What makes you a good fit for this position?   View Answer

Data Processing Manager I Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at State of California Office of Statewide Health Planning in February 2008.

The process inclued an application process, an interview with patterned standardized questions, my answers were scored based on patterned answers and my answers were scored and ranked based on my answers and in comparision to the other applicants. I then applied for positions that on my eligibity for individuals positions. I was hired after my first interview.

Interview Questions
    • Tell about your knowledge of the system development lifecycle (SDLC)   View Answer
    • What would you do if you had a good employee that personal problems started to effect their job.   View Answer
    Therer was no negotiation phase. The salary and job requirements were already established and there is no deviation.

Employment Program Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at State of California Office of Statewide Health Planning in May 2009.

Applied on line, and was called in for interview.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you dealt with people with different socio-economically backgrounds.   Answer Question

Staff Healthcare Service Plan Analyst Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at State of California Office of Statewide Health Planning in March 2009.

It was an open exam and a promotional exam. My application was accepted for admittance to the exam and a panel of three conducted the interview. Once the results were posted review of current job duties were conducted and it was determined that the initial probationary period had to be passed before a promotion would be given, regardless of the level of experience of the employee.

Licensing Program Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverside, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverside, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at State of California Office of Statewide Health Planning in April 2009.

The interview process starts with a word skills test which is then followed by a panel interview. There are approximately 6 hypothetical situation questions that you have to answer and about 2 personal experience questions. The office employees seem to be focused and and withdrawn. They were not overtly friendly. It took about 30 days to get a response of a denial.

Interview Questions
    • What policy or procedures would you use to deal with a disgruntled client?   View Answer

Manager In 07 Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at State of California Office of Statewide Health Planning in March 2008.

straight forward fine.

no negotiaqtion

Engineering Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at State of California Office of Statewide Health Planning in January 2008.

Interview consisted of general questions about my past experience. Questions were about how I had dealt with difficult employees, my technical experience, how I had contributed in projects as a team member and team leader, and experiences working with regulators.

Interview Questions
    • What experience do you have that prepares you for this position   View Answer

See What State of California Office of Statewide Health Planning Employees Are Saying

Former Examinations Manager in San Francisco, CA

Pros: “One of the only work places that offers Defined Benefits Plan for retirement which gives health benefits and pension for life and transferable to your beneficiary. Not too hard to keep…” Full Review

Work at State of California Office of Statewide Health Planning? Share Your Experiences

State of California Office of Statewide Health Planning