State of California Office of Statewide Health Planning

www.oshpd.ca.gov

State of California Office of Statewide Health Planning Interview Questions & Reviews

Average Difficulty
27 candidate interviews

Associate Governmental Program Analyst Interview

Associate Governmental Program Analyst

The process took a day - interviewed at State of California Office of Statewide Health Planning in January 2010.

Interview Details – The interview for Associate Governmental Program Analyst is a typical panel interview where you meet with the manager who would be your boss, one of the staff people you will work with and sometimes the HR person who works in the department which is hiring you. Most of the questions will be about your previous analytical experience. The most important thing to remember when interviewing for these positions is to do your homework ahead of time and know a little bit about the program in which you interview for. If you are scheduled for an interview, ask the person who schedules you if they can send you a duty statement. A duty statement is a detail job description of the position. Usually you can figure out what they are looking for by reading the duty statement and researching the department website.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience in interpreting and implementing the California Code of Regulations?   Answer Question
  • Describe how you would manage workflows within your unit.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – At this level, salary is typically not negotiable. A starting Associate Governmental Program Analyst will always be started at $4400 unless you are transferring from a similar classification and you are already earning more.

Lucensing Program Analyst Interview

Lucensing Program Analyst
Sacramento, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at State of California Office of Statewide Health Planning.

Interview Details – Important to read the job specs and know a little about the agency to which you are applying. It is helpful to have experience with the agency, know of current events involving the agency, agency dirctor etc. Most interviews are a series of questions asked by the panel, don't worry about eye contact from them as they tend to have their heads down writing. This is a good thing. Try and repeat their question back in your answer. Good luck.

Interview Question – What do you like and not like about your current position?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation in government job.

Employment Program Representative Interview

Employment Program Representative
San Francisco, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at State of California Office of Statewide Health Planning in September 2009.

Interview Details – I applied in April 09 & jobs opened up 12/09 I was persistant & kept calling the manager. I had a great interview & an offer followed by end of week.

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation. Salaries are set.

Employment Program Representative Interview

Employment Program Representative

The process took a day - interviewed at State of California Office of Statewide Health Planning in November 2010.

Interview Details – Required to take a written test., and a demonstration /observation portion during the interview process. Had to give a 5 minute presentation on the subject of my choice and write a business form letter based on a situation provided by the interviewer.

Interview Question – What makes you a good fit for this position?   View Answer

Data Processing Manager I Interview

Data Processing Manager I

I applied through other source and the process took 8 weeks - interviewed at State of California Office of Statewide Health Planning in February 2008.

Interview Details – The process inclued an application process, an interview with patterned standardized questions, my answers were scored based on patterned answers and my answers were scored and ranked based on my answers and in comparision to the other applicants. I then applied for positions that on my eligibity for individuals positions. I was hired after my first interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell about your knowledge of the system development lifecycle (SDLC)   View Answer
  • What would you do if you had a good employee that personal problems started to effect their job.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Therer was no negotiation phase. The salary and job requirements were already established and there is no deviation.

Employment Program Interview

Employment Program

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at State of California Office of Statewide Health Planning in May 2009.

Interview Details – Applied on line, and was called in for interview.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you dealt with people with different socio-economically backgrounds.   Answer Question

Staff Healthcare Service Plan Analyst Interview

Staff Healthcare Service Plan Analyst

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at State of California Office of Statewide Health Planning in March 2009.

Interview Details – It was an open exam and a promotional exam. My application was accepted for admittance to the exam and a panel of three conducted the interview. Once the results were posted review of current job duties were conducted and it was determined that the initial probationary period had to be passed before a promotion would be given, regardless of the level of experience of the employee.

Interview Question – What is the difference between an HMO and a PPO?   Answer Question

Licensing Program Analyst Interview

Licensing Program Analyst
Riverside, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at State of California Office of Statewide Health Planning in April 2009.

Interview Details – The interview process starts with a word skills test which is then followed by a panel interview. There are approximately 6 hypothetical situation questions that you have to answer and about 2 personal experience questions. The office employees seem to be focused and and withdrawn. They were not overtly friendly. It took about 30 days to get a response of a denial.

Interview Question – What policy or procedures would you use to deal with a disgruntled client?   View Answer

Manager In 07 Interview

Manager In 07
San Diego, CA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at State of California Office of Statewide Health Planning in March 2008.

Interview Details – straight forward fine.

Interview Question – Prioritizing work   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no negotiaqtion

Engineering Interview

Engineering

The process took a day - interviewed at State of California Office of Statewide Health Planning in January 2008.

Interview Details – Interview consisted of general questions about my past experience. Questions were about how I had dealt with difficult employees, my technical experience, how I had contributed in projects as a team member and team leader, and experiences working with regulators.

Interview Question – What experience do you have that prepares you for this position   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at State of California Office of Statewide Health Planning

See What State of California Office of Statewide Health Planning Employees Are Saying

Current Anonymous Employee

Pros: “Strong unions ensure good benefits and pay that is comparable to private sector. Lots of diversity among employees.” Full Review

Worked for State of California Office of Statewide Health Planning? Contribute to the Community!