State of California Office of Statewide Health Planning
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
2 people found this helpful
Research Analyst II Interview
I interviewed through other source - interviewed at State of California Office of Statewide Health Planning.
This classification rarely holds an exam process, but when it does, it is a good idea to get on it. Usually the exam process requires an STD 678 application with relevant work information, and a supplemental questionnaire. It may take awhile to be scored, you will get notice in the mail. This exam is NOT held online.
I included an STD 678, a cover letter, a resume, references, and copies of my degrees in my application.
The hiring process: an AGPA can lateral into this job if the work they do is very similar in nature, and that is determined by individual HR departments. This step is a promotion from Research Analyst I, and is a lateral salary bump from AGPA level if you qualify on an exam list.
The research analyst II interview incorporated relatively normal questions about previous work, level of ability or interest in the type of work at the agency, questions specific to the job duty statement, and basic analysis ability. Included questions on types of software programs used, ability in statistical analysis and math, and literature reviews. This class often works with mapping, databases, and analyses scientific reports. This class also does a lot of grunt work for higher level researchers. I also completed a written assignment, which included analysis of a chart. I recall that I noted the chart title was unclear, and that the y axis did not express whether the numbers indicated were representing a percent, rate, or whole number. I also answered a basic short essay question on research methodology.
The promotional series this class leads to is Research Program Specialist.
- They showed me a line chart by gender and year and asked me to analyse it, but it was missing a title and it didn't have a label on the Y axis. I almost panicked, because I wasn't sure if I was supposed to be critical, or just tell them it was a line chart by gender and year. View Answer
Interviews for Top Jobs at State of California Office of Statewide Health Planning
- Staff Services Analyst (2)
- Associate Governmental Program Analyst (2)
- Employment Program Representative (2)
- Engineering (1)
- Research Analyst II (1)
- Claim Examiner (1)
- Telecommunications Technician (1)
- Analyst (1)
- Budget Analyst (1)
- Data Processing Manager I (1)
- Parole Agent III (1)
- Accountant Trainee (1)
- Employment Program (1)
- Staff Healthcare Service Plan Analyst (1)
- Licensing Program Analyst (1)
- Manager In 07 (1)
- Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor Federal (1)
- Staff Services Manager II (1)
- Staff Counsel III (1)
- Auditor Evaluator I (1)
- Lucensing Program Analyst (1)
- Benefits Assessment Clerk (1)
- Personnel Associate (1)
- Accountant Traine (1)