State of Colorado

Updated Oct 6, 2014
Updated Oct 6, 2014

2.9

Engineer Interview

Three levels of interview, including a written exam, oral exam, and panel interview. It was a very time consuming process. The top six candidates made it passed the first round and the top three candidates made it to the final round.

Interview Questions
    • I don't remember the exact interview questions, but I recall that it was very specific to the job position. I'm not sure that studying would have really prepared me for the questions.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at State of Colorado in August 2014.

Exactly like it was detailed in other reviews....one panel interview and the decisions was made. Each applicant was given less then 10 minutes to answer 5-7 typed questions. The panel said nothing as the applicant rambles on answering the questions.

Interview Questions
    • Very standard question direction pertaining to the position. Nothing tricky!   Answer Question

They bring everyone on at the bottom of the salary range.

Rehabilitation Counselor Interview

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at State of Colorado.

Lengthy time from application to interview to hire. HR tends to lose things, so best to stay in close contact with them. Written questions, then if you pass, you get panel interview. Panel varies depending on what office is hiring. Could be all supervisors, or just people in that participular office.

No negotiation. State job, solid pay scale.

Rehabilitation Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at State of Colorado.

Written interview, then panel interview. Process was slow but that was based on hold ups at HR rather than with the interviewing office. Important to follow up with HR on regular basis to make sure your documentation has been submitted appropriately and follow up as required.

Interview Questions
    • Questions regarding the daily flow of work in the organization. Difficult because I had not worked in this type setting before.   Answer Question

Legal and Policy Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at State of Colorado in February 2014.

I have to admit that this was one of the most lackluster and shoddy interviews ever conducted. First, I received an email notifying me that I was to choose two of the best interview times that they listed. After responding, I received a notification telling me that those times were unavailable. After choosing another set of interview times I was then notified that the interview was to be rescheduled.

Prior to the rescheduled interview, I was notified that it would last approximately one hour. The interview lasted 27 minutes. To add insult to injury, 15 minutes into the interview, one of the interviewers kept looking at the clock as I was answering their questions. There were only four questions asked and were as basic as asking me if I know how to tie my shoes. It was absolutely terrible and I was not impressed by the questions, interview, or the panel members who have sub par work experience and education to begin with (yes, I looked them up on Linkedin).

Knowing how Colorado State and City government operates and how people receive these types of positions, I am certainly under the impression that the position was already filled and individuals like myself had their time wasted because of "protocol". Seriously, a waste and a discredit to those who try to avoid this nonsense. I would rather have been called prior to the interview and been told not to suit up as opposed to coming in and wasting my time with these unprofessionals.

Thankfully, I was not fully interested in the position since I have recently interviewed for three others that are almost double the salary that this one offers. : )

QA Analyst/Software Tester Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at State of Colorado in September 2013.

State requires several written answers and then phone interview, face-to-face, and takes several weeks. You don't know how many others they are interviewing. This was for an 'at-will' unclassified job. If the job is 'classified' it just means you have to take a skills test before interviewing.

Interview Questions
    In the elevator, the manager asked, how much are you looking for.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at State of Colorado in June 2012.

Being a government enterprise, they have a very standard systematic way of hiring. HR rates each submission and the highest rated applications get interviews. You interview with a panel of people who score you. The highest scores get the job.

Interview Questions
    • Given this hypothetical scenario, how would you go about approaching this problem?   Answer Question

Director of Claims Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at State of Colorado in June 2011.

It was mostly about managing people, dealing with problems.

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at State of Colorado in September 2010.

It was tough and it was quite honestly a joke

No negotiation set salary

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at State of Colorado in May 2009.

Make sure you make your resume as clear as possible non-technical people weed teh resumes that come in bvia mail/email.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were regarding knowledge of the state budgeting system   Answer Question

Salary was too low.