State of Colorado

Relevance Date Difficulty

QA Analyst/Software Tester Interview

QA Analyst/Software Tester
Denver, CO

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at State of Colorado in September 2013.

Interview Details – State requires several written answers and then phone interview, face-to-face, and takes several weeks. You don't know how many others they are interviewing. This was for an 'at-will' unclassified job. If the job is 'classified' it just means you have to take a skills test before interviewing.

Interview Question – Why should I hire you?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – In the elevator, the manager asked, how much are you looking for.

Rehabilitation Counselor Interview

Rehabilitation Counselor

I applied online and the process took 6 months - interviewed at State of Colorado.

Interview Details – Lengthy time from application to interview to hire. HR tends to lose things, so best to stay in close contact with them. Written questions, then if you pass, you get panel interview. Panel varies depending on what office is hiring. Could be all supervisors, or just people in that participular office.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. State job, solid pay scale.

Rehabilitation Counselor Interview

Rehabilitation Counselor
Denver, CO

I applied online and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at State of Colorado.

Interview Details – Written interview, then panel interview. Process was slow but that was based on hold ups at HR rather than with the interviewing office. Important to follow up with HR on regular basis to make sure your documentation has been submitted appropriately and follow up as required.

Interview Question – Questions regarding the daily flow of work in the organization. Difficult because I had not worked in this type setting before.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Legal and Policy Analyst Interview

Legal and Policy Analyst
Denver, CO

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at State of Colorado in February 2014.

Interview Details – I have to admit that this was one of the most lackluster and shoddy interviews ever conducted. First, I received an email notifying me that I was to choose two of the best interview times that they listed. After responding, I received a notification telling me that those times were unavailable. After choosing another set of interview times I was then notified that the interview was to be rescheduled.

Prior to the rescheduled interview, I was notified that it would last approximately one hour. The interview lasted 27 minutes. To add insult to injury, 15 minutes into the interview, one of the interviewers kept looking at the clock as I was answering their questions. There were only four questions asked and were as basic as asking me if I know how to tie my shoes. It was absolutely terrible and I was not impressed by the questions, interview, or the panel members who have sub par work experience and education to begin with (yes, I looked them up on Linkedin).

Knowing how Colorado State and City government operates and how people receive these types of positions, I am certainly under the impression that the position was already filled and individuals like myself had their time wasted because of "protocol". Seriously, a waste and a discredit to those who try to avoid this nonsense. I would rather have been called prior to the interview and been told not to suit up as opposed to coming in and wasting my time with these unprofessionals.

Thankfully, I was not fully interested in the position since I have recently interviewed for three others that are almost double the salary that this one offers. : )

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Denver, CO

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at State of Colorado in June 2012.

Interview Details – Being a government enterprise, they have a very standard systematic way of hiring. HR rates each submission and the highest rated applications get interviews. You interview with a panel of people who score you. The highest scores get the job.

Interview Question – Given this hypothetical scenario, how would you go about approaching this problem?   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Coordinator Interview

Coordinator
Denver, CO

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at State of Colorado in September 2010.

Interview Details – It was tough and it was quite honestly a joke

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – No negotiation set salary

Director of Claims Interview

Director of Claims
Denver, CO

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at State of Colorado in June 2011.

Interview Details – It was mostly about managing people, dealing with problems.

Director Interview

Director
Denver, CO

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at State of Colorado in May 2009.

Interview Details – Make sure you make your resume as clear as possible non-technical people weed teh resumes that come in bvia mail/email.

Interview Question – The questions were regarding knowledge of the state budgeting system   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Salary was too low.

Admin Assistant Interview

Admin Assistant
Denver, CO

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at State of Colorado in July 2008.

Interview Details – The entire process is very analytical. You start by taking a one or more tests to asses your skills. If you make the top 3 or 4 they'll have you come in for an interview with one or more supervisor.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Purchasing Agent Interview

Purchasing Agent
Denver, CO

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at State of Colorado in September 2008.

Interview Details – saw the announcement online, filled out application, interviewed, hired

Interview Question – What commodities would you like to manage   View Answer

Worked for State of Colorado? Contribute to the Community!