State of Connecticut

Interview Question – Explain your past experiances   Answer Question

Research Position At OLR Interview

Research Position At OLR
Hartford, CT

I applied online - interviewed at State of Connecticut in January 2011.

Interview Details – Very unusual interview. First a panel interview consisting of 3 attorneys, which ask a case type questions. Then a research test at a computer: How would you research this type of question etc.

Interview Question – The test given during the interview.   Answer Question

Transportation Planner Interview

Transportation Planner
Newington, CT

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at State of Connecticut.

Interview Details – Proper atire was worn, 5 people on the panel, asked questions. I was told that 90 people were interviewed and I was the top person for the job.

Interview Question – If I was able to work on the highway with lane closures to repair equipment in the road   View Answer

Negotiation Details – None

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very Easy Interview

IMS Database Administrator Interview

IMS Database Administrator
Hartford, CT

I applied through other source and the process took 4 months - interviewed at State of Connecticut in April 2013.

Interview Details – The interview consists of canned questions, the exact same questions asked of everybody. The IT department is so concerned with lawsuits the questions are essentially useless to weed out prospective candidates. The hiring process is, to be blunt, crazy... if you aren't already on a list for a department your resume will not be viewed by anyone, thus the state often won't even recognize when a potentially good employee has applied. Sometimes the application passed along to the hiring manager doesn't even match the position requirements... which is inefficient at best, insane at worst.

Interview Question – None. there were none of the usual questions asked of potential corporate employees (such as "What is your biggest weakness?"). Instead, managers have to assess the potential of the employee based solely on their answers to specific technical questions... there is no way to assess whether the potential employee would be a good fit with the organization.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I declined because there was no opportunity to advance my career.

Investigator Interview

Investigator

The process took 3 months - interviewed at State of Connecticut.

Interview Details – The interview was set up within a couple of weeks of submitting the application, however, the decisions for the applicants took about 2 months. The interview itself was not as expected in that there were 4 people in the interview (all supervisors) and only 1 person was asking the pre-scripted questions. There was no allowance for the interviewee to ask questions. The other 3 people in the room just took notes.

Interview Question – Describe a situation in which you had to deal with a difficult or angry client or patient and how you handled it.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. The salary is preset for State employees.

.NET Developer Interview

.NET Developer
Wethersfield, CT

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at State of Connecticut in October 2012.

Interview Details – I had an interview 4 people, one person being the director for the department. The interview began by going over the my previous experience. The questions focused on one of my previous positions that was held over 2 years ago. The questions were not hard, you should go over computer science 101 and the basic definitions. They went through a sheet of questions that you can probably pass by getting a book that goes over interview questions on .NET, SQL Server and AJAX. I would have done well if I had prepared. The asked simple questions such as what is inheritance, overloading, etc. I was expecting to go through solving a problem, but this never occurred.

Interview Question – No difficult questions, I just wasn't prepared.   Answer Question

IT Engineer Interview

IT Engineer
Hartford, CT

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 months - interviewed at State of Connecticut in January 2009.

Interview Details – It was an overall positive experience with a bit lengthy process.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation was possible. Government job

Trainee Position Interview

Trainee Position
Hartford, CT

I applied in-person and the process took 3 months - interviewed at State of Connecticut in December 2009.

Interview Details – Nine to Ten candidates were interviewed at the same time with two people from human resources. At the end of the interview we were told that the interview was for a candidate pool and that there may or may not be a job pool created and that they could not tell us if we made the pool.

Social Worker Interview

Social Worker

Interviewed at State of Connecticut

Interview Details – All interviews are panel interviews with at least three higher level managers. The panels will consist of usually a caucasain, hispanic, and an african american manager. They will each take turns asking a potential candidate questions to see if your competent to do the job. These panel interviews can be very stressful.

Interview Question – They will ask questions in regards to how you work in a diverse working enviroment.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

Worked for State of Connecticut? Contribute to the Community!