State of Connecticut Interview Questions

Updated Apr 13, 2015

2.4

Seasonal Employee Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at State of Connecticut.

Interview

I came into the park managers office and felt at home before I even was being interviewed. Questions included past work experience, if you are an outdoorsy person, why are you fit for this job. No questions went in too deep, seemed like the real reason was just to see if you would actually enjoy the job or not.

Interview Questions

• Are you an outdoorsy person?   1 Answer

Connecticut Career Trainee Role - DEEP Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Britain, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at State of Connecticut (New Britain, CT) in March 2015.

Interview

Applicants were required to email their cover letter, resume and completed HR12 application to an HR representative. Once that part was done, you were sent a letter stating that your application was received then a phone call a few days or weeks later to schedule an interview. In this department there are two interviews, the first being your initial interview with the department supervisor and a manager, the second being a panel interview with the department head, manager, department supervisor and a human resources representative. What I found interesting is that I tried to answer a question the first time regarding my experience ( I had recently took on a per diem job) but I was told to stick to what I had on the resume submitted, but yet in the second interview I was asked the question again and unfortunately I thought twice about sharing my current employment details which I now feel is what led to the end result of not being offered a position. What I have gathered from this experience is to be prepared and stay alert at all times.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about DEEP?   1 Answer
    • How has your education prepared you for this position? Why did you choose that course of study?   Answer Question
    • Why should we hire you?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever had to make a presentation to a group?   Answer Question

Coordinator Interview

Interview

Its very good

Behavioral Health Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at State of Connecticut in March 2014.

Interview

There was one interview which lasted about one hour Questions were specific to the job. There was a five to six week period of time between when I was interviewed and then offered the job. It takes several weeks for human resources to approve hiring before job can be offered.

Interview Questions

• No unexpected questions and questions were typical for interview at this level.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Connecticut salaries are based on set formula.

Transportation Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newington, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at State of Connecticut (Newington, CT).

Interview

Proper atire was worn, 5 people on the panel, asked questions. I was told that 90 people were interviewed and I was the top person for the job.

Interview Questions

• If I was able to work on the highway with lane closures to repair equipment in the road   1 Answer

Negotiation

None

Investigator Interview

Application

The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at State of Connecticut.

Interview

The interview was set up within a couple of weeks of submitting the application, however, the decisions for the applicants took about 2 months. The interview itself was not as expected in that there were 4 people in the interview (all supervisors) and only 1 person was asking the pre-scripted questions. There was no allowance for the interviewee to ask questions. The other 3 people in the room just took notes.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which you had to deal with a difficult or angry client or patient and how you handled it.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. The salary is preset for State employees.

IMS Database Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at State of Connecticut (Hartford, CT) in April 2013.

Interview

The interview consists of canned questions, the exact same questions asked of everybody. The IT department is so concerned with lawsuits the questions are essentially useless to weed out prospective candidates. The hiring process is, to be blunt, crazy... if you aren't already on a list for a department your resume will not be viewed by anyone, thus the state often won't even recognize when a potentially good employee has applied. Sometimes the application passed along to the hiring manager doesn't even match the position requirements... which is inefficient at best, insane at worst.

Interview Questions

• None. there were none of the usual questions asked of potential corporate employees (such as "What is your biggest weakness?"). Instead, managers have to assess the potential of the employee based solely on their answers to specific technical questions... there is no way to assess whether the potential employee would be a good fit with the organization.   Answer Question

I declined because there was no opportunity to advance my career.

DCP Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at State of Connecticut in March 2013.

Interview

One interview, it was extremely light, they wanted to get an idea if I was someone they would be able to get along with more than anything else. Asked about basic computer skills

Interview Questions

• Tell me how extensive your microsoft office skills are   Answer Question

.NET Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wethersfield, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at State of Connecticut (Wethersfield, CT) in October 2012.

Interview

I had an interview 4 people, one person being the director for the department. The interview began by going over the my previous experience. The questions focused on one of my previous positions that was held over 2 years ago. The questions were not hard, you should go over computer science 101 and the basic definitions. They went through a sheet of questions that you can probably pass by getting a book that goes over interview questions on .NET, SQL Server and AJAX. I would have done well if I had prepared. The asked simple questions such as what is inheritance, overloading, etc. I was expecting to go through solving a problem, but this never occurred.

Research Position At OLR Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online – interviewed at State of Connecticut (Hartford, CT) in January 2011.

Interview

Very unusual interview. First a panel interview consisting of 3 attorneys, which ask a case type questions. Then a research test at a computer: How would you research this type of question etc.