State of Connecticut

2.4

Coordinator Interview

Its very good

Behavioral Health Program Manager Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at State of Connecticut in March 2014.

There was one interview which lasted about one hour Questions were specific to the job. There was a five to six week period of time between when I was interviewed and then offered the job. It takes several weeks for human resources to approve hiring before job can be offered.

Interview Questions
    • No unexpected questions and questions were typical for interview at this level.   View Answer
    Connecticut salaries are based on set formula.

Transportation Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newington, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newington, CT

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at State of Connecticut.

Proper atire was worn, 5 people on the panel, asked questions. I was told that 90 people were interviewed and I was the top person for the job.

Interview Questions
    • If I was able to work on the highway with lane closures to repair equipment in the road   View Answer
    None

Investigator Interview

The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at State of Connecticut.

The interview was set up within a couple of weeks of submitting the application, however, the decisions for the applicants took about 2 months. The interview itself was not as expected in that there were 4 people in the interview (all supervisors) and only 1 person was asking the pre-scripted questions. There was no allowance for the interviewee to ask questions. The other 3 people in the room just took notes.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation in which you had to deal with a difficult or angry client or patient and how you handled it.   View Answer
    There was no negotiation. The salary is preset for State employees.

IMS Database Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at State of Connecticut in April 2013.

The interview consists of canned questions, the exact same questions asked of everybody. The IT department is so concerned with lawsuits the questions are essentially useless to weed out prospective candidates. The hiring process is, to be blunt, crazy... if you aren't already on a list for a department your resume will not be viewed by anyone, thus the state often won't even recognize when a potentially good employee has applied. Sometimes the application passed along to the hiring manager doesn't even match the position requirements... which is inefficient at best, insane at worst.

Interview Questions
    • None. there were none of the usual questions asked of potential corporate employees (such as "What is your biggest weakness?"). Instead, managers have to assess the potential of the employee based solely on their answers to specific technical questions... there is no way to assess whether the potential employee would be a good fit with the organization.   Answer Question

I declined because there was no opportunity to advance my career.

DCP Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at State of Connecticut in March 2013.

One interview, it was extremely light, they wanted to get an idea if I was someone they would be able to get along with more than anything else. Asked about basic computer skills

Interview Questions
    • Tell me how extensive your microsoft office skills are   Answer Question

.NET Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wethersfield, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wethersfield, CT

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at State of Connecticut in October 2012.

I had an interview 4 people, one person being the director for the department. The interview began by going over the my previous experience. The questions focused on one of my previous positions that was held over 2 years ago. The questions were not hard, you should go over computer science 101 and the basic definitions. They went through a sheet of questions that you can probably pass by getting a book that goes over interview questions on .NET, SQL Server and AJAX. I would have done well if I had prepared. The asked simple questions such as what is inheritance, overloading, etc. I was expecting to go through solving a problem, but this never occurred.

Research Position At OLR Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

I applied online – interviewed at State of Connecticut in January 2011.

Very unusual interview. First a panel interview consisting of 3 attorneys, which ask a case type questions. Then a research test at a computer: How would you research this type of question etc.

Trainee Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at State of Connecticut in December 2009.

Nine to Ten candidates were interviewed at the same time with two people from human resources. At the end of the interview we were told that the interview was for a candidate pool and that there may or may not be a job pool created and that they could not tell us if we made the pool.

IT Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at State of Connecticut in January 2009.

It was an overall positive experience with a bit lengthy process.

No negotiation was possible. Government job