State of Delaware Interview Questions

Updated Aug 6, 2015

3.1

Judicial Secretary Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at State of Delaware (Wilmington, DE).

Interview

The interview was with the Judge and her clerk, neither were very personable. They were just reading questions from a check list. The questions were all behavioral & or situational. They didn't even explain or speak about the position until prompted. This is a very poor way to construct an interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? What is your biggest strength. Name a weakness of yours...   Answer Question

I wasn't fond of the judge or clerk. Didn't seem like an enjoyable office environment

Disability Determination Claims Examiner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Castle, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at State of Delaware (New Castle, DE) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online, got a call soon after, had a brief phone interview. Went to the office for the in person interview. Panel of 3 people, asking standard questions. provided a writing sample and got fingerprinted. I was interviewing for an entry level job with 8 + years of direct experience. However, by email I was told they went with another candidate. Wow, how many years did I need to get the job?

Engineer II Interview

Interview

Phone interview with 4 individuals. Very easy interview. The interview asked a few behavioral questions and my experience from the resume. Overall, the interview was pretty easy and got an offer in 2 weeks.

Tax Auditor III Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at State of Delaware in September 2014.

Interview

Applied online on the State of Delaware website, was contacted two weeks later to set up a telephone interview. The online application was pretty concise, gave a broad view of what was expected, but was different from what the job was described to be once the interview began. So essentially, do not rely on the questions posed in the online screening.

Interview Questions

• There was a question asked about bank franchise tax, which is something I am not thoroughly familiar with, but other than that, the questions were the average customer service and analytical skills questions. I was told that the position was more about overseeing procedures as well as policy development which is right up my ally so I'm excited and I was also told that I would be contacted again in two weeks for a second interview.   1 Answer
    • Describe audit controls and how you have handled/prepared for them?   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dover, DE

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State of Delaware (Dover, DE) in August 2014.

Interview

Panel Interview, HR and 3 department personnel. Wasn't sure who I would interview with and I was unfamiliar with the panel interview process. The questions involved situational, behavioral, and past work experiences. The group was very friendly and open to answering questions about their career paths which led them to the positions they were in.

Interview Questions

• What makes you the strongest candidate for this position?   Answer Question

Skilled Labor Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at State of Delaware.

Interview

Per interview with someone before actual interview

Interview Questions

• Describe yourself in one word   1 Answer

Administrative Specialist II Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Castle, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at State of Delaware (New Castle, DE) in March 2014.

Interview

I applied online, which included a skills/experience questionaire, and about 5 weeks after the closing date, I was called for an interview. I was asked to bring contact information for references, my most recent performance evaluation, and an optional portfolio of a few pieces of work that exhibits my skills and experience. Before the interview, I read the State of Delaware's guidance on conducting interviews so I would be more prepared, and I was happy to find that my interviewers followed the guidance very closely. There were three members on the panel, two of whom I would be working with, and one from the HR department. All of the questions had been prepared prior to the interview, and were all involving how my experience fits the job requirements. All questions were specific to the job, and not the generic "where do you see yourself in X years" type of questions. After the interview, I was told it typically takes about 30 days to hear back, but that I would hear a definite yes or no. I was offered the position yesterday, 2 1/2 weeks after the interview, and 8 1/2 weeks after the closing date.

Interview Questions

• Describe for us your experience in analzying routine operating practices and procedures and making recommendations to ensure smooth and efficient office operation.   Answer Question

DMV Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Castle, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at State of Delaware (New Castle, DE) in January 2014.

Interview

I applied at the State of Delaware Job Site. It took about two weeks to inform me that I qualify for the position and only those qualified will be contacted for interview. I got the interview call about 3 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• What will you do when a client has scheduled for driving test several times and on the day of the test , there is heavy snow?   1 Answer

Training Education Administrator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at State of Delaware.

Interview

I received a phone call and set up an interview time. The interview consisted of 3 members. They asked 6 in-depth questions covering past work examples that related to the position. You better be prepared to discuss results from previous work experiences. The questions were thorough and fair. Just prepare and you will be fine.

Interview Questions

• Questions were not difficult to answer if the resume was accurate and the interviewee had examples of past work.   Answer Question

Chemist III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Smyrna, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at State of Delaware (Smyrna, DE) in October 2013.

Interview

4 to 5 panelists ask 3 to 4 questions each. Range from technical to generic problem-solving to HR

Interview Questions

• Types of detectors on gas chromatograph. Also was ridiculed by exec mgt for having been put in a secretarial position temporarily.   Answer Question