State of Delaware Interview Questions

Updated Feb 25, 2015
Updated Feb 25, 2015

3.1

Engineer II Interview

Phone interview with 4 individuals. Very easy interview. The interview asked a few behavioral questions and my experience from the resume. Overall, the interview was pretty easy and got an offer in 2 weeks.

Tax Auditor III Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at State of Delaware in September 2014.

Applied online on the State of Delaware website, was contacted two weeks later to set up a telephone interview. The online application was pretty concise, gave a broad view of what was expected, but was different from what the job was described to be once the interview began. So essentially, do not rely on the questions posed in the online screening.

Interview Questions
    • There was a question asked about bank franchise tax, which is something I am not thoroughly familiar with, but other than that, the questions were the average customer service and analytical skills questions. I was told that the position was more about overseeing procedures as well as policy development which is right up my ally so I'm excited and I was also told that I would be contacted again in two weeks for a second interview.   View Answer
    • Describe audit controls and how you have handled/prepared for them?   View Answer

Administrative Assistant I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dover, DE
    Anonymous Employee in Dover, DE

I applied online – interviewed at State of Delaware in August 2014.

Panel Interview, HR and 3 department personnel. Wasn't sure who I would interview with and I was unfamiliar with the panel interview process. The questions involved situational, behavioral, and past work experiences. The group was very friendly and open to answering questions about their career paths which led them to the positions they were in.

Interview Questions
    • What makes you the strongest candidate for this position?   Answer Question

Skilled Labor Supervisor Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at State of Delaware.

Per interview with someone before actual interview

DMV Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Castle, DE
    Anonymous Employee in New Castle, DE

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at State of Delaware in January 2014.

I applied at the State of Delaware Job Site. It took about two weeks to inform me that I qualify for the position and only those qualified will be contacted for interview. I got the interview call about 3 weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • What will you do when a client has scheduled for driving test several times and on the day of the test , there is heavy snow?   View Answer

Training Education Administrator Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at State of Delaware.

I received a phone call and set up an interview time. The interview consisted of 3 members. They asked 6 in-depth questions covering past work examples that related to the position. You better be prepared to discuss results from previous work experiences. The questions were thorough and fair. Just prepare and you will be fine.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were not difficult to answer if the resume was accurate and the interviewee had examples of past work.   Answer Question

Chemist III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Smyrna, DE
    Anonymous Employee in Smyrna, DE

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at State of Delaware in October 2013.

4 to 5 panelists ask 3 to 4 questions each. Range from technical to generic problem-solving to HR

Interview Questions
    • Types of detectors on gas chromatograph. Also was ridiculed by exec mgt for having been put in a secretarial position temporarily.   Answer Question

Accounting Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at State of Delaware.

Panel interview. Asked questions by each member of the Panel

Interview Questions

UNPROFESSIONAL AND WRONG! I accepted the offer at first by the business support administrator. I was told HR was going to get in contact with me. I waited two weeks after giving two weeks notice to my job.I was called a day before I was to start that my start date was changed to, two more weeks. One week passes and I never received a call or email. I contacted the business administrator and she informs me that now I don't have a start date and that HR has not got in contact with her. I emailed her back and told her nevermind and I decline the offer now. I would never work for a place that would lead you on with no intention of hiring you. I was lucky to get my job back, but I feel for others who left a job for a lie like the state of delaware does to job seekers. This place is unprofessional and wrong. They don't treat people like humans. BEWARE!!

Accounting/Finance/Investment Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dover, DE

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at State of Delaware.

Questions are prepared before hand and a panel of 3 or 4 people ask questions.

Information Resources Specialist I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dover, DE

The process took a weekinterviewed at State of Delaware in July 2011.

I applied on that state of Delaware Employment Link website where all government jobs are posted. I was called in for an interview, there were about 8 people interviewing for the position. The interview was a group interview with 3 managers. I was given a sheet of paper with questions on it which we went through one by one. I was then asked if I had anymore questions and then the interview was over. I was called a couple days later and asked to come for a second interview with the Director and manager of my section. I was called later that day and offered the job. In all the process took about a week to a week and a half.

Interview Questions
    • This position requires strong writing and oral communication skills. Please describe your education and/or work experience in these areas.   Answer Question