State of Florida

25 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Coordinator Interview

Coordinator

I applied online - interviewed at State of Florida in May 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online and received a phone call several weeks later for an in person interview with others attending via web conference. The interview process was very behavioral. Everyone got one hour exactly and the same, exact questions were asked of every candidate. The job I interviewed for were not the core competency of the people interviewing me. The questions they asked showed that. Someone that is a good actor could possibly fool them into a job offer. This was the most concerning part for me. I do hope they hired an experienced consultant to assist.

Interview Question – What government agencies do you see yourself working with and why?   Answer Question

Economic Self Sufficiency Specialist I Interview

Economic Self Sufficiency Specialist I
Miami, FL

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at State of Florida in July 2013.

Interview Details – Typical questions during an interview... "tell me a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer", etc. I was expecting a 1:1 interview, but I ended up walking into a room with 3 of the other team supervisors of the call center.

Interview Question – Would you be ok with working without benefits for a while?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation.

Very Easy Interview

Child Protective Investigator Interview

Child Protective Investigator
Fort Myers, FL

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at State of Florida in January 2011.

Interview Details – Panel interview consisted of 3 people asking scenario questions. If you have basic common sense it should not be a problem. The focus is child safety, just keep that in mind and the rest should be a piece of cake!

Interview Question – I can't think of any. Very easy interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiating the salary. Everyone gets paid pennies for slave work! :)

Auditor Interview

Auditor
Tallahassee, FL

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at State of Florida.

Interview Details – Applied directly with the office and received a phone call for an interview about 3 weeks later. You will need to be eligible to sit for the CPA exam for the auditor position. Interviewed with audit supervisor in their office. Very comfortable setting with some standard interview questions. I was right out of school with no audit experience but they are understanding of this and willing to take on entry level auditors.

Interview Question – There is a written/exercise portion for the audit position. Segregation of duties related and fairly easy if you understand basic audit procedures and proper internal controls.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – N/A

Call Agent Interview

Call Agent

I applied online - interviewed at State of Florida in August 2010.

Interview Details – Behaviorial Interview Question

Interview Question – Tell me about an ethical dilemma you have faced   Answer Question

Education Interview

Education

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at State of Florida.

Interview Details – Nothing to it.

Interview Question – none. be familiar with education jargon.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation.

Environmental Health Interview

Environmental Health
Tallahassee, FL

I applied online and interviewed at State of Florida.

Interview Details – Hiring can take awhile due to getting so many sign off on the hiring decision.

Interview Question – will ask you what would you do if.....................lots of behavior questions. Another would be 'tell me about yourself"   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – management is scary, pay is low.

Worker's Compensation Auditor Interview

Worker's Compensation Auditor
Tallahassee, FL

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at State of Florida in January 2013.

Interview Details – Behavioral

Interview Question – What kind of Car would you Be?   Answer Question

Tax Auditor Interview

Tax Auditor

I applied online and interviewed at State of Florida.

Interview Details – Went in answered basic behavioral questions in front of 2 employees. Took a small 2 question test. Received an email about a week later that I was their recommended candidate and wanted me to send a copy of degree/transcript. Week after received email offering a position. Start in about a week. Easy process.

Interview Question – None. Pretty standard behavioral questions. Not hard at all.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negation.

Budget Interview

Budget
Tallahassee, FL

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at State of Florida in December 2009.

Interview Details – Interviewer was friendly but demanding. Depending on the job, it pays to have experience, really know what you are doing and have excellent references.

Negotiation Details – Salary was negotiable to degree, but I was more than happy with offer. Depends on the job and experience.

Worked for State of Florida? Contribute to the Community!