State of Florida Interview Questions

Updated Aug 7, 2015

2.7

Sales Tax Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at State of Florida (Jacksonville, FL) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied on a Monday got a call an email to take a test on following Monday. Test was pretty basic . After test top thread will be called back for interview. If test is passed but no call back you are kept in a pool for 6 months. So if a position comes up you can still be called back.

Visitor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State of Florida (Detroit, MI) in March 2015.

Interview

Telephone contact, interview is still pending. I have nothing else to say at this time. I am still waiting for the interview to take place. I do not have a rating yet. Hopefully I will soon.

Interview Questions

• message left on answering machine as to interest in job. I am waiting for a call back from the initial submission of my resume   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State of Florida.

Interview

Hiring process is extremely slow. It took two months to receive an interview. Interview questions were pretty basic. Tell us about yourself. Provide examples of how you demonstrated being a team player. I nailed the interview which took around 30 minutes. Only eight basic questions were asked.

Negotiation

non, entry level

Marketing Interview

Interview

straightforward- no out of the ordinary questions. Basic format with most common- weakness, strengths, walk me through your resume. Went through several interviewers over the course of a few weeks. Ended up getting another offer elsewhere and took it.

Digital Court Reporter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State of Florida (Fort Lauderdale, FL).

Interview

Process was easy and straight-forward. Typing test is involved. High speed/low error rate required. Minimum 55 wpm. Flexibility on re-applying for the position. There was another interview after passing the typing test in front of the Manager, assistant manager and the director of Human Resources.

Negotiation

There was none. The job was explained and this is what was expected.

Examiner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at State of Florida (Tampa, FL) in June 2014.

Interview

Application/interview/written sample/transcript/fingerprinting/security clearance/criminal record search. Interview conducted by three managers. Written sample is a soft ball toss that is designed to see if you can write significantly beyond the standard form "list three things, explain the three things, summarize the three things" formula taught in school. As one manager said, "if we see that you can write well, we think you might be able to think well."

Interview Questions

• Describe prior experience gathering information and applying regulations to reach a conclusion.   1 Answer

Salary

Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State of Florida in May 2014.

Interview

Applied online and received a phone call several weeks later for an in person interview with others attending via web conference. The interview process was very behavioral. Everyone got one hour exactly and the same, exact questions were asked of every candidate. The job I interviewed for were not the core competency of the people interviewing me. The questions they asked showed that. Someone that is a good actor could possibly fool them into a job offer. This was the most concerning part for me. I do hope they hired an experienced consultant to assist.

Interview Questions

• What government agencies do you see yourself working with and why?   Answer Question

Adult Protective Investigator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marion, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at State of Florida (Marion, FL) in March 2014.

Interview

Interview conducted by a Program Administrator and a Supervisor. They alternated in asking questions and writing notes on a printed form. They admitted to using an old and outdated interview form.

Interviewing Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pensacola, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at State of Florida (Pensacola, FL) in February 2014.

Interview

I applied for the job on PeopleFirst (hiring website for State of Florida) and had an interview. It was a two person panel. The current supervisor and another supervisor interviewed me.

Essi Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at State of Florida in January 2014.

Interview

Got a phone call about a month after applying, went in for testing (basic math and comprehension) and interview, got a call back about 2 days later to complete fingerprinting and background check. Got a call back about 1 week after that to come in and complete new hire paper work.

Interview Questions

• Would I be willing to accept a salary of $12.76 per hour (non-negotiable)   Answer Question