State of Georgia Department of Human Resources

Updated Oct 16, 2014
Updated Oct 16, 2014

2.5

Document Specialist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at State of Georgia Department of Human Resources.

Telephone Interview only, I was interviewed by two people, a supervisor and a administrator. About two days later I received an offer letter via e-mail and I accepted, went to a 1 week training that was very easy.

Social Services Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied in-person. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at State of Georgia Department of Human Resources in December 2012.

Telephone call, then interview. Interview was with a 3 person panel. They each rotated questions about skills and agency values. Over all it was difficult because you received no feedback. As you are answering a question, all three of them would be writting your response word for word. No eye contact was made and no feedback was given.

Waiting period.

Social Services Treatment Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online – interviewed at State of Georgia Department of Human Resources in September 2010.

It was a one time interview with multiple interviewers. They were professional and formal. At the time I could not get a feel for their impression impression of me. Very little affect.

Interview Questions
    There wash't much. They had my previous salary and seemed set in what they were willing to offer.

Standards Surveyor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 7+ monthsinterviewed at State of Georgia Department of Human Resources in October 2009.

The process was a long one. I applied for the position in September, interviewed in October, and was hired in April. The problem is that with government jobs, there are often hiring freezes and unfortunately, I got caught up in one, so I am not sure if this time frame is standard. The interview was pretty standard, I met with one person and then was invited back for a second interview with that same person and the director. They were polite and made me feel very comfortable, felt this was a good interview experience.

There was no negotiation.

Family Independence Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Savannah, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Savannah, GA

The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at State of Georgia Department of Human Resources in January 2008.

Lengthy process that should be shortened.

n/a

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at State of Georgia Department of Human Resources in September 2010.

The interview consists of a phone interview, followed by an onsite skills test, finalized by a group/panel interview. The questions consist of "tell me about yourself", "why should we hire you", "describe a time in which you exercised excellent customer service", etc etc. I would suggest writing down instances in which you showed excellence in time management, project management, advanced computer skills, and the ability to take on additional responsibilities.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time in which you had to calm down an irate customer. What did you do to resolve the situation?   Answer Question
    There is no negotiation with regards to the pay unless otherwise noted in the job announcement.

Oracle Database Administrator Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at State of Georgia Department of Human Resources in January 2008.

I had a phone interview first, 3 weeks latter, there was a group of 5 people interview, plus a paper skills test in front of them. overall it was disorganized in the room.