State of Georgia Department of Human Resources

4 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Standards Surveyor Interview

Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 7 months - interviewed at State of Georgia Department of Human Resources in October 2009.

Interview Details – The process was a long one. I applied for the position in September, interviewed in October, and was hired in April. The problem is that with government jobs, there are often hiring freezes and unfortunately, I got caught up in one, so I am not sure if this time frame is standard. The interview was pretty standard, I met with one person and then was invited back for a second interview with that same person and the director. They were polite and made me feel very comfortable, felt this was a good interview experience.

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation.

Family Independence Case Manager Interview

Savannah, GA

The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at State of Georgia Department of Human Resources in January 2008.

Interview Details – Lengthy process that should be shortened.

Negotiation Details – n/a

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at State of Georgia Department of Human Resources in September 2010.

Interview Details – The interview consists of a phone interview, followed by an onsite skills test, finalized by a group/panel interview. The questions consist of "tell me about yourself", "why should we hire you", "describe a time in which you exercised excellent customer service", etc etc. I would suggest writing down instances in which you showed excellence in time management, project management, advanced computer skills, and the ability to take on additional responsibilities.

Interview Question – Describe a time in which you had to calm down an irate customer. What did you do to resolve the situation?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation with regards to the pay unless otherwise noted in the job announcement.

Oracle Database Administrator Interview

Oracle Database Administrator

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at State of Georgia Department of Human Resources in January 2008.

Interview Details – I had a phone interview first, 3 weeks latter, there was a group of 5 people interview, plus a paper skills test in front of them. overall it was disorganized in the room.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for State of Georgia Department of Human Resources? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at State of Georgia Department of Human Resources interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by State of Georgia Department of Human Resources employees and interview candidates.