State of Georgia Department of Human Resources

State of Georgia Department of Human Resources Interview Questions

Updated Jul 27, 2015

2.2

Case Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State of Georgia Department of Human Resources.

Interview

Basic situational interview with questions about how you handle certain situations. Group interview with 2 supervisors and 1 manager. Approximately 10 questions. Many questions about how you deal with irate customers, handle stress, and your work ethic.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you dealt with a difficult client, how did you resolve the issue? How do you handle stress?   Answer Question

Interview

One group interview was conducted with twenty candidates present for the group interview. The interview was conducted by the interviewer asking general questions and allowing every one to answer the same question. The interviewer asked questions about past experiences working with families, children, court system, juvenile justice and numerous questions about how you handle stressful situations.

Interview Questions

Location was not where I expected.

Social Services Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at State of Georgia Department of Human Resources (Atlanta, GA) in December 2014.

Interview

The interview process included a panel of four people, they took a few weeks to get back to me. You must do a drug screen, live scan, make sure your references are up to date.

Interview Questions

• What interaction have you had with children and their parents?   Answer Question
    • How did you deal with a conflict between you and the parent   Answer Question

Document Specialist Interview

Application

Interview

Telephone Interview only, I was interviewed by two people, a supervisor and a administrator. About two days later I received an offer letter via e-mail and I accepted, went to a 1 week training that was very easy.

Social Services Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at State of Georgia Department of Human Resources (Atlanta, GA) in December 2012.

Interview

Telephone call, then interview. Interview was with a 3 person panel. They each rotated questions about skills and agency values. Over all it was difficult because you received no feedback. As you are answering a question, all three of them would be writting your response word for word. No eye contact was made and no feedback was given.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Waiting period.

Social Services Treatment Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State of Georgia Department of Human Resources (Atlanta, GA) in September 2010.

Interview

It was a one time interview with multiple interviewers. They were professional and formal. At the time I could not get a feel for their impression impression of me. Very little affect.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There wash't much. They had my previous salary and seemed set in what they were willing to offer.

Standards Surveyor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at State of Georgia Department of Human Resources (Atlanta, GA) in October 2009.

Interview

The process was a long one. I applied for the position in September, interviewed in October, and was hired in April. The problem is that with government jobs, there are often hiring freezes and unfortunately, I got caught up in one, so I am not sure if this time frame is standard. The interview was pretty standard, I met with one person and then was invited back for a second interview with that same person and the director. They were polite and made me feel very comfortable, felt this was a good interview experience.

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.

Family Independence Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Savannah, GA

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at State of Georgia Department of Human Resources (Savannah, GA) in January 2008.

Interview

Lengthy process that should be shortened.

Negotiation

n/a

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at State of Georgia Department of Human Resources in September 2010.

Interview

The interview consists of a phone interview, followed by an onsite skills test, finalized by a group/panel interview. The questions consist of "tell me about yourself", "why should we hire you", "describe a time in which you exercised excellent customer service", etc etc. I would suggest writing down instances in which you showed excellence in time management, project management, advanced computer skills, and the ability to take on additional responsibilities.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time in which you had to calm down an irate customer. What did you do to resolve the situation?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiation with regards to the pay unless otherwise noted in the job announcement.

Oracle Database Administrator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at State of Georgia Department of Human Resources in January 2008.

Interview

I had a phone interview first, 3 weeks latter, there was a group of 5 people interview, plus a paper skills test in front of them. overall it was disorganized in the room.