State of Idaho

Relevance Date Difficulty

Human Resources Specialist, Senior Interview

Human Resources Specialist, Senior
Boise, ID

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at State of Idaho in October 2013.

Interview Details – Interesting setup. First, there's an online test. If you score high enough, you will get called in for an interview.

Because the Division of HR is so small, they run *3 rounds* of panel interviews. Each round has 3 people in the panel, and that's a third of the entire division. Makes sense, though, you cannot afford personality conflicts in an office that small. Especially not when the entire state government is dependent on those 9-10 people for good advice with massive cost and potential legal exposure.

Lots of "tell us about the time when you..." questions, nothing particularly challenging. Anyone with ~5 years experience in HR should be able to have multiple answers for any one of those questions.

Interview Question – My personal most difficult question was actually on the written test to qualify for interviews, and then the followup in the interviews. They wanted to know about my experience administering a defined-benefits retirement plan (gotta love State employment). I sorta have experience there, but not at the level of making recommendations for what those defined benefits should be. All my experience was how to apply for and get all those defined benefits out of Uncle Sam, which isn't exactly what they were looking for.   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Section Manager Interview

Section Manager
Boise, ID

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at State of Idaho in November 2011.

Interview Details – A teenager called me the day before Thanksgiving. The interview was very average. The typical questions as what are your strengths and your weaknesses. What did you like most about your job and what did you like least. The interview lasted like 30 minutes and when I made a comment that she probably wanted to go home for the holidays she replied she was tired of doing the interview job.

Interview Questions

• The positions offers $25.35 per hour, would this salary be OK for you?   View Answer
  • What you dislike most about your last job?   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for State of Idaho? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at State of Idaho interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by State of Idaho employees and interview candidates.