State of Indiana

13 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Adjudicator Interview

Indianapolis, IN

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at State of Indiana in August 2013.

Interview Details – I was called to schedule an interview and after agreeing on a date and time, I received a second call from the person I just talked to asking me what date and time we agreed on. The interview was with two upper level managers who asked questions from a script. I originally received an email saying I not been selected for a position, but about a week later one of the interviewers called to ask if I was still interested and offered me a position.

Interview Question – If I had any plans on returning to a previous career.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They have a set base salary that all employees start at.

Very Easy Interview

Field Examiner Interview

Field Examiner
Muncie, IN

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at State of Indiana in June 2013.

Interview Details – One phone interview and one campus interview.

Interview Question – Talked mostly about the benefits outweighing the low pay, was surprised to not have many legitimate questions to assess my competence.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Toxics Release Inventory Database Manager Interview

Indianapolis, IN

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at State of Indiana in December 2010.

Interview Details – The people were ignorant of the requirements of the position and simply wanted to hear the right phrases about hard work and keywords about the job they had picked up along the way. They were supervisors by way of politacal connections and/or simply being there long enough. My direct supervisor had no related degree but, had outlived all the others. It was her "turn."

Interview Question – Why are the best fit for this position?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – None, straight line personnel pay grade based on positions level in the chain and my years in state employment. No merit raises and no consideration for the importance of the contributions made.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Eligibility Specialist Interview

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at State of Indiana.

Interview Details – Received call for interview date, time and location

Interview Question – What are your weaknesses?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Ask question regarding how often raises are offered and range of amount of raises.

Gaming Enforcement Agent Interview

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at State of Indiana.

Interview Details – 1. Standardized Testing (Math, English, Writing)
2. Interview
3. Physical Agility
4. Psychological/Drug Testing
5. Background Investigation

Interview Question – Questions referred mostly to gaming and nothing about policing.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Non-Existent.

Claims Deputy V Interview

Indianapolis, IN

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at State of Indiana.

Interview Details – Applied online. Called for a phone interview. Emailed with scheduled date and time of in person interview. Interview was with 2 managers.

Interview Question – The questions are pretty standard. Describe a time where you disagreed with a manager. How did you handle the situation.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – State employment salaries are non negotiable.

Senate Intern Interview

Indianapolis, IN

I applied in-person and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at State of Indiana in October 2012.

Interview Details – If you get your resume to the Intern Director, you will likely be given an interview. If you are interested in a Communication internship, you will be asked to create a Press Release. I had no previous experience in PR, but I wrote a solid enough one to be offered the position. They are very timely when they say they will call/contact you.

Interview Question – Know who your Senator and State Representative is.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – You are offered a flat rate, despite education/experience. If you work for one certain Senator, you may be offered more.

Family Case Manager2 Interview

Indianapolis, IN

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at State of Indiana in March 2012.

Interview Details – You interview by phone then you give your documents by fax or mail. Then you go to a location for one on one interview. After you pass you go fo training and you are in I guess. I did not finish the process after they invited me to one on one interview.

Interview Questions

Claims Deputy Interview

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at State of Indiana.

Interview Details – called in to speak with the hiring manager, asked some prelim questions and then got a call with the offer

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Eligibility Associate Interview

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at State of Indiana.

Interview Details – Hires through temp agencies. They screen applicants before actually setting up interviews. They provide a "on the computer" test of skills and thought processing. The questions also deal with ethics in certain situations.

Interview Question – n/a   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for State of Indiana? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at State of Indiana interview questions and advice. All 13 interview reviews posted anonymously by State of Indiana employees and interview candidates.