State of Indiana

Updated Dec 10, 2014
Updated Dec 10, 2014

2.3

Systems Administrator Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at State of Indiana in November 2014.

Received a call from a recruiter asking if I would be interested in discussing a position with the State of Indiana. After learning about what position was available, I agreed. We setup a time to do the phone interview with the hiring manager. The recruiter told me more about the position and asked me to give them a personal introduction about myself. I gave a little person information on myself (education, growing up in the area, family, etc). The hiring manager then asked me a question on my experience with server management. I gave a few examples of my experience and when done, the hiring manager said, "Thank you, I have no other questions." The recruiter said she would be getting back with me and the call ended. Literally the phone call was 15 minutes. Either I was over qualified, which I think I am, or the hiring manager was just fulfilling his quota of interviewing. Needless to say, I got a call the next day from the recruiter saying I was not chosen. I thanked her politely but wanted to tell her not to waste my time in the future!

Program Coordinator Cyber Security Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at State of Indiana in June 2014.

Got a call very quickly from the office. It was a straight forward resume walk through. The interviewer looked for the intent and interest in the position. The interviewer was nice and easy to talk to. The overall length of the interview was about 15 minutes. The job portal was a bit confusing and tedious. Took a lot of time to fill out the application.The overall experience was nice.

Eligibility Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at State of Indiana.

Received call for interview date, time and location

Interview Questions
    Ask question regarding how often raises are offered and range of amount of raises.

Gaming Enforcement Agent Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at State of Indiana.

1. Standardized Testing (Math, English, Writing)
    2. Interview
    3. Physical Agility
    4. Psychological/Drug Testing
    5. Background Investigation

Interview Questions
    • Questions referred mostly to gaming and nothing about policing.   Answer Question
    Non-Existent.

Claims Deputy V Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at State of Indiana.

Applied online. Called for a phone interview. Emailed with scheduled date and time of in person interview. Interview was with 2 managers.

Interview Questions
    • The questions are pretty standard. Describe a time where you disagreed with a manager. How did you handle the situation.   Answer Question
    State employment salaries are non negotiable.

Adjudicator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at State of Indiana in August 2013.

I was called to schedule an interview and after agreeing on a date and time, I received a second call from the person I just talked to asking me what date and time we agreed on. The interview was with two upper level managers who asked questions from a script. I originally received an email saying I not been selected for a position, but about a week later one of the interviewers called to ask if I was still interested and offered me a position.

Interview Questions
    • If I had any plans on returning to a previous career.   View Answer
    They have a set base salary that all employees start at.

Field Examiner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Muncie, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Muncie, IN

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at State of Indiana in June 2013.

One phone interview and one campus interview.

Interview Questions
    • Talked mostly about the benefits outweighing the low pay, was surprised to not have many legitimate questions to assess my competence.   Answer Question

Senate Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied in-person. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at State of Indiana in October 2012.

If you get your resume to the Intern Director, you will likely be given an interview. If you are interested in a Communication internship, you will be asked to create a Press Release. I had no previous experience in PR, but I wrote a solid enough one to be offered the position. They are very timely when they say they will call/contact you.

Interview Questions
    • Know who your Senator and State Representative is.   View Answer
    You are offered a flat rate, despite education/experience. If you work for one certain Senator, you may be offered more.

Family Case Manager2 Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at State of Indiana in March 2012.

You interview by phone then you give your documents by fax or mail. Then you go to a location for one on one interview. After you pass you go fo training and you are in I guess. I did not finish the process after they invited me to one on one interview.

Interview Questions
    • They ask why you are interested in the position   View Answer
    • Are you able to travel by plane   View Answer

Toxics Release Inventory Database Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at State of Indiana in December 2010.

The people were ignorant of the requirements of the position and simply wanted to hear the right phrases about hard work and keywords about the job they had picked up along the way. They were supervisors by way of politacal connections and/or simply being there long enough. My direct supervisor had no related degree but, had outlived all the others. It was her "turn."

Interview Questions
    • Why are the best fit for this position?   View Answer
    None, straight line personnel pay grade based on positions level in the chain and my years in state employment. No merit raises and no consideration for the importance of the contributions made.