State of Iowa

Getting the Interview

3 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Advisor Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at State of Iowa in February 2009.

Interview Details – It was a comfortable setting.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – This is a grant position - no negotiating.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at State of Iowa in November 2010.

Interview Details – They gave me a background of the department and then asked me questions. They were basic interview questions like "Describe your self", "Why would you be a good fit for this position?", situational questions like "Describe a time when...", and general conversation about things on your resume, when you will be graduating, classes I was currently taking, etc.

Interview Question – Describe a time when...   Answer Question

Actuarial Analyst Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at State of Iowa in March 2010.

Interview Details – I had a phone interview with them first. Then I had an on-site interview. I was given five minutes to figure out a problem in the middle of the interview. I was shown around the whole office at the end of the interview. People there seem to be very nice.

Interview Question – Where would you like to be in your career five years from now?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for State of Iowa? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at State of Iowa interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by State of Iowa employees and interview candidates.