State of Kansas

Relevance Date Difficulty

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant
Pratt, KS

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at State of Kansas in September 2013.

Interview Details – A hire by committee so no one person was held responsible. Unfortunately those in attendance had nothing to do with the position or its responsibilities.

Interview Question – No difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant
Dodge City, KS

I applied through other source and the process took 5 days - interviewed at State of Kansas in January 2010.

Interview Details – I was contact by the then current administrative assistant and asked to apply as she was being promoted. I made an appointment for an interview, kept the interview and was offered the job a couple of days later.

Interview Question – I did not find any of the questions difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotion.

Special Assistant Interview

Special Assistant
Topeka, KS

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at State of Kansas in May 2010.

Interview Details – It was a two person interview. Very well presented and informative. They explained the position, why there were 2 persons in the interview and what the duties of each of the interviewer was for the purpose of the interview and their roles at the organization. It was not rushed even though there were others to be conducted after mine.

Interview Question – There really wasn't a difficult question. They were pretty standard questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation which is typical for a state or federal position.

Analyst Interview

Analyst
Topeka, KS

The process took 4 days - interviewed at State of Kansas in September 2011.

Interview Details – Professional, without being stuffy. Able to learn a lot about the organization through communication & website. Professionals I communicated with were very honest about their likes and dislikes.
This position they were looking to fill quickly so the interview process went fast. Within 4 working days I had a face to face interview with a manager and a future colleague. I think the state of Kansas overall has a good working environment, and I love that you are doing something to benefit others.

Interview Question – What is your biggest professional mistake?   View Answer

Very Difficult Interview

Network Technician II Interview

Network Technician II
Topeka, KS

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at State of Kansas in April 2009.

Interview Details – I got a call to setup the interview, I followed up with the actual interview. It was a phone interview with three gentalman. Only one of the gentleman's names were known before the interview. I was not told it was going to be a technical interview. This was the first interview and it was purley technical. The one question that stumped me was what level of the OSI model does the ping command reside. They also sent some diagrams that were asked during the interview, this was pretty straight forward stuff. Also needed to know off the top of your head the subnet mask and hosts in each.

Interview Questions

• What level of the osi model is the ping command in.   View Answer
  • How many subnets in the subnet mask /17   View Answer

Worked for State of Kansas? Contribute to the Community!