State of Kansas Interview Questions & Reviews

2.8

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Pratt, KS
    Anonymous Employee in Pratt, KS

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at State of Kansas in September 2013.

A hire by committee so no one person was held responsible. Unfortunately those in attendance had nothing to do with the position or its responsibilities.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dodge City, KS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dodge City, KS

I interviewed through other source. The process took 5 days - interviewed at State of Kansas in January 2010.

I was contact by the then current administrative assistant and asked to apply as she was being promoted. I made an appointment for an interview, kept the interview and was offered the job a couple of days later.

Interview Questions
    • I did not find any of the questions difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question
    There was no negotion.

Special Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Topeka, KS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Topeka, KS

I interviewed in-person. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at State of Kansas in May 2010.

It was a two person interview. Very well presented and informative. They explained the position, why there were 2 persons in the interview and what the duties of each of the interviewer was for the purpose of the interview and their roles at the organization. It was not rushed even though there were others to be conducted after mine.

Interview Questions
    • There really wasn't a difficult question. They were pretty standard questions.   Answer Question
    No negotiation which is typical for a state or federal position.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Topeka, KS
    Anonymous Employee in Topeka, KS

The process took 4 days - interviewed at State of Kansas in September 2011.

Professional, without being stuffy. Able to learn a lot about the organization through communication & website. Professionals I communicated with were very honest about their likes and dislikes.
    This position they were looking to fill quickly so the interview process went fast. Within 4 working days I had a face to face interview with a manager and a future colleague. I think the state of Kansas overall has a good working environment, and I love that you are doing something to benefit others.

Interview Questions
    • What is your biggest professional mistake?   View Answer

Network Technician II Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Topeka, KS
    Anonymous Employee in Topeka, KS

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at State of Kansas in April 2009.

I got a call to setup the interview, I followed up with the actual interview. It was a phone interview with three gentalman. Only one of the gentleman's names were known before the interview. I was not told it was going to be a technical interview. This was the first interview and it was purley technical. The one question that stumped me was what level of the OSI model does the ping command reside. They also sent some diagrams that were asked during the interview, this was pretty straight forward stuff. Also needed to know off the top of your head the subnet mask and hosts in each.

Interview Questions
    • What level of the osi model is the ping command in.   View Answer
    • How many subnets in the subnet mask /17   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at State of Kansas

Worked for State of Kansas? Contribute to the Community!