State of Kansas

3.3

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Topeka, KS

The process took 4 daysinterviewed at State of Kansas in September 2011.

Professional, without being stuffy. Able to learn a lot about the organization through communication & website. Professionals I communicated with were very honest about their likes and dislikes.
    This position they were looking to fill quickly so the interview process went fast. Within 4 working days I had a face to face interview with a manager and a future colleague. I think the state of Kansas overall has a good working environment, and I love that you are doing something to benefit others.

Interview Questions
    • What is your biggest professional mistake?   View Answer

Special Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Topeka, KS

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at State of Kansas in May 2010.

It was a two person interview. Very well presented and informative. They explained the position, why there were 2 persons in the interview and what the duties of each of the interviewer was for the purpose of the interview and their roles at the organization. It was not rushed even though there were others to be conducted after mine.

Interview Questions
    • There really wasn't a difficult question. They were pretty standard questions.   Answer Question
    No negotiation which is typical for a state or federal position.

Network Technician II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Topeka, KS

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at State of Kansas in April 2009.

I got a call to setup the interview, I followed up with the actual interview. It was a phone interview with three gentalman. Only one of the gentleman's names were known before the interview. I was not told it was going to be a technical interview. This was the first interview and it was purley technical. The one question that stumped me was what level of the OSI model does the ping command reside. They also sent some diagrams that were asked during the interview, this was pretty straight forward stuff. Also needed to know off the top of your head the subnet mask and hosts in each.

Interview Questions
    • What level of the osi model is the ping command in.   View Answer
    • How many subnets in the subnet mask /17   View Answer