State of Louisiana

Getting the Interview

5 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Project Developer Interview

I applied online and the process took 6 days - interviewed at State of Louisiana in August 2012.

Interview Details – A long process. Can take up to 6 months before you get a call regarding position due to hiring freezes.

Interview Question – What didnt you like about your previous job?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Accounting Intern Interview

Baton Rouge, LA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at State of Louisiana in May 2011.

Interview Details – The interview process only included one thirty minute interview. They did not show me around the office. I was called the next day and was offered the job. They were very vague when it came to compensation and opportunities for earning a full-time position.

Interview Question – They asked pretty standard questions   Answer Question

Social Services Analyst II Interview

Social Services Analyst II

I applied online and the process took 6 months - interviewed at State of Louisiana.

Interview Details – The application process is extremely long as to be expected with state positions. You will be given some situational scenarios and asked how you would respond. Be prepared to ask them questions as well. Ask about the workload and job responsibilities in detail...ask about turnover and hiring replacements. Make sure you know what you are getting yourself into before accepting the position. It is not what it seems after your in.

Interview Question – There weren't any difficult questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation unless you have experience working for the state of LA.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Administrative Program Specialist A Interview

Baton Rouge, LA

The process took 5 days - interviewed at State of Louisiana in July 2011.

Interview Details – Getting in to have my 1:1 Interview took a few days due to lack of communication. After having my interview, I didn't hear back till about 5 weeks later due to background check and going through the pipeline of other hurtles like drug test and paperwork going through the chain of command. After waiting that long, they called me and wanted to know if I could start the next day. Obviously I could not do that since I had to give a 2 weeks notice.
The interview made the job seemed like it was going to be a marvelous job and I was going to be able to move up somewhat quickly. That was not the case. Job duties were not described to me fully.
Management have proven to be hard-headed and won't listen to our ideas.

Interview Question – Did I have a personality that was not disagreeable to most people?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiations.

CWS Interview

Lake Providence, East Carroll, LA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at State of Louisiana in May 2009.

Interview Details – long

Interview Question – do you always follow the rules   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none allowed

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for State of Louisiana? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at State of Louisiana interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by State of Louisiana employees and interview candidates.