State of Maryland Interview Questions

Updated Jul 17, 2015

2.8

Auditor Interview

Interview

the interview process was quick in the sense that I got an interview very quickly from when i applied but the actual interview was over an hour long with a whole list of behavioral questions.

Environmental Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at State of Maryland.

Interview

Overall two interviews conducted with human resources and direct contact management for the hiring position. In addition a short test was taken to determine skills and ability pertaining to position. The interview and hiring process were a positive experience with what seemed necessary questioning that applied to the desired open position.

Interview Questions

• Previous employment questions that related to the current position, regarding chemical/chemistry type knowledge.   Answer Question

Programmer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at State of Maryland.

Interview

It's always hard to know what to expect when going in for that interview -- and preparation can make all the difference. What is the interview process like at State of Maryland?

Internal Auditor Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at State of Maryland.

Interview

Typical government job interview. 3 member panel structured interview. everything said in the interview is written down by panel. They then rank each candidate by each questions and write justification for ranking and submit to HR. That's why it takes 3 months or more to finish entire process.

Job Service Specialist III Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at State of Maryland.

Interview

Panel Interview, asked about 15 questions had to be ready to answer as soon as they were done. also , had to do a presentation that lasted about 10 mins long if you apply for a state job believe me ther are about 500 applications for every job.

Interview Questions

• All simple questions they go right from the job description   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was none you accept the job and you sign your contract

Family Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at State of Maryland (Rockville, MD) in July 2014.

Interview

I liked how every person on the team was involved in the interviewing process. It gave me a unique experience in to what I would expect out of my team and of the position in general. I was interview in both English and Spanish. We sat in a small conference room and the atmosphere felt very comfortable. They all went around and asked me questions and then I was able to ask questions on my own. It was a little nerve wrecking but they made me feel comfortable.

Interview Questions

• If your team members where mad at each other and started making it very uncomfortable for you to do your and their jobs correctly, how would you handle that situation?   Answer Question

Auditor Interview

Interview

apply online, called for interview, employemnt after 2 weeks

Interview Questions

• have you used their software before   1 Answer

Negotiation

not negotiable

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at State of Maryland.

Interview

It was a 5 person panel interview over the phone. Within 1 minute I knew I wasn't welcomed to the interviewing process and realized that they had someone else in mind due to the 'extremely specific' nature of the interview questions. One person asked the questions while the others stayed silent. I was from out of state and trying to move to Maryland and there was never a question of 'why do you want to move here?' or 'do you have family in the are?'. Basically, it was a 30 min uncomfortable interview that I was glad to be done with.

Interview Questions

• 'What is your experience dealing with local individuals in this area?' (I am applying from another state.)   Answer Question

Administrative Specialist III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at State of Maryland (Baltimore, MD) in March 2014.

Interview

After submitting my resume and application I was notified for an interview a month later. There was only a single interview. There was a month between and the verbal offer

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions. Most question were supervisory based as the position is a lead position.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negation phase. The job had a set hourly wage not a range. Because the jobs is contractual there are not benefits as well

Secretary Interview

Interview

Simple interview process. Asked the normal questions such as "What are your strengths." It took about 2 weeks before I heard anything back.

Interview Questions

• All questions were standard interview questions that they chose off of a list   Answer Question

Negotiation

Can negotiate salary based on previous salary