State of Maryland Interview Questions

Auditor Interview

apply online, called for interview, employemnt after 2 weeks

not negotiable

Conservation Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at State of Maryland.

It was a 5 person panel interview over the phone. Within 1 minute I knew I wasn't welcomed to the interviewing process and realized that they had someone else in mind due to the 'extremely specific' nature of the interview questions. One person asked the questions while the others stayed silent. I was from out of state and trying to move to Maryland and there was never a question of 'why do you want to move here?' or 'do you have family in the are?'. Basically, it was a 30 min uncomfortable interview that I was glad to be done with.

Interview Questions
    • 'What is your experience dealing with local individuals in this area?' (I am applying from another state.)   Answer Question

Administrative Specialist III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at State of Maryland in March 2014.

After submitting my resume and application I was notified for an interview a month later. There was only a single interview. There was a month between and the verbal offer

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. Most question were supervisory based as the position is a lead position.   Answer Question
    There was no negation phase. The job had a set hourly wage not a range. Because the jobs is contractual there are not benefits as well

Secretary Interview

Simple interview process. Asked the normal questions such as "What are your strengths." It took about 2 weeks before I heard anything back.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were standard interview questions that they chose off of a list   Answer Question
    Can negotiate salary based on previous salary

Medical Program Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at State of Maryland in June 2012.

Applied for the position online. Interviewed within a month. Interview consisted of a 3 person panel with simple questions. They asked about previous jobs. Education and previous employment. They went over the position description and was told everyone starts at base salary. The waiting process was over 3 months.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any difficult or unexpected questions. BASIC   Answer Question
    There is no room for negotiation

Legal Collections Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at State of Maryland in May 2010.

Four on one interview process. They rotated with their questions and you never knew who to look at when answering. I did pretty well I believe but that was only because I was majorly over-qualified for the position. I do believe that an offer will be forthcoming but I am really concerned about accepting the position.

Computer Network Specialist II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Annapolis, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Annapolis, MD

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at State of Maryland in May 2010.

After applying online, I had to wait a few weeks before being notified I was going to be interviewed. Then when I came in, I met a panel of supervisors that would have been my bosses. Standard questions and some technical questions.

Interview Questions
    Based on my education and experiences, I was made a single offer.

Deputy Director Department of Environmental Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at State of Maryland in June 2009.

I met with a panel who posed mostly "what if" scenario questions. Within an introductory interview, I thought it very presumptuous that this group was seeking solutions from someone who had no history here. I could have been effective and impressive had they suggested some prep materials. Unless they had decided to hire from within all along, and this was simply a requirement.

Interview Questions
    • What new initiatives would you suggest for our department?   View Answer

Auditing Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at State of Maryland in June 2008.

applied online, accepted for the interview process. Met with the some of the staff members of the team and a manager. Interview was rather straightforward and easy to navigate.