State of Minnesota

State of Minnesota Interview Questions

2.3

Jantior Interview

I do not remember it's been 15 years

Interview Questions
    • What can I bring to this company and why should I hire you with the years of experience.   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at State of Minnesota.

State application system is very flawed. You have to almost copy and paste the job posting to get by HR.

Unable to negotiate

Systems Architect Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at State of Minnesota.

I had an interview with the hiring manager and the team lead. They were very friendly and easy to talk to. The interview consisted of about 30 questions which they provided to me to look at before the interview.

Interview Questions
    • How does SOA help to achieve business alignment with IT.

There really wasn't anything too difficult, all of the questions were technical.

Answer Question

Forester Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sandstone, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sandstone, MN

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at State of Minnesota.

The interview process is generally a panel with pre-determined questions that are given to the candidate 30 prior to the interview. Little deviation or follow up questions will occur. The hiring process takes longer than one would hope so just be prepared for that.

Interview Questions
    • Both experience (technical) and behavioral interview questions are the norm   Answer Question

Customer Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at State of Minnesota in October 2012.

Very poor hiring practices, fragmented interviews, and extremely poor hiring support! Admin schedule incorrect times, then candidates have a feel of pressure, rather than welcome. On-boarding process is very spotty, and really needs a supported level of service from true HR professionals. Did not completely disclose depth of problematic nature and lack of general business awareness that most employees do not possess.

Interview Questions
    • I just read your resume, while you answered the last question. How can you help us?   View Answer
    Horrible, conflicting information, and salary is 20k lower than peers in state or non-profit roles...

Administration, Department of Natural Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

The process took a dayinterviewed at State of Minnesota in October 2011.

The interview panel consisted of a senior and mid-level manager. Both appeared bored an uninterested the moment I came into the room, presumably because they had conducted several other interviews before mine. It was not a comfortable situation and my attempts to make small talk and to get them interested in what I could bring to the position fell flat. At one point I wanted to just walk out! Very demoralizing to realize that my interviewers were just going through the motions because they wanted to get to lunch, instead of carefully and fairly considering my qualifications for the position!

Interview Questions
    • Had you ever encountered a difficult person or situation and how you dealt with it?   Answer Question

Programmer (Contract) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at State of Minnesota in March 2011.

Contracted through an agency. Passed pre-interview test of 10 questions related to ASP.net over the phone. Single in person interview with business manager, IT director, and lead developer. Got a call the next week.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about your a problem you solved using javascript.   View Answer
    Simple. Contract was negotiated for me.

Account Clerk II Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at State of Minnesota in July 2010.

Very easy going interview. Was given list of questions to be asked but thry did not ask them.