State of Minnesota

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Administration, Department of Natural Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

The process took a dayinterviewed at State of Minnesota in October 2011.

The interview panel consisted of a senior and mid-level manager. Both appeared bored an uninterested the moment I came into the room, presumably because they had conducted several other interviews before mine. It was not a comfortable situation and my attempts to make small talk and to get them interested in what I could bring to the position fell flat. At one point I wanted to just walk out! Very demoralizing to realize that my interviewers were just going through the motions because they wanted to get to lunch, instead of carefully and fairly considering my qualifications for the position!

Interview Questions
    • Had you ever encountered a difficult person or situation and how you dealt with it?   Answer Question

Programmer (Contract) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at State of Minnesota in March 2011.

Contracted through an agency. Passed pre-interview test of 10 questions related to ASP.net over the phone. Single in person interview with business manager, IT director, and lead developer. Got a call the next week.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about your a problem you solved using javascript.   View Answer
    Simple. Contract was negotiated for me.