State of Missouri

www.mo.gov

State of Missouri Interview Questions

2.7

Youth Specialist II Interview

I applied online. The process took 9+ monthsinterviewed at State of Missouri.

a m/c test, then an interview (use your degree!), and lots of waiting. i gave up on the job because i tested in july but i did not a call for an interview until november

Interview Questions
    • I cannot recall any difficult questions. be prepared to answer questions regarding the treatment of delinquent youth and their needs.   Answer Question
    was no negotiation; the state pays what it pays

Court Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MO

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at State of Missouri.

Basic situational questions. One interview with three managers, somewhat panel style.

Department of Revenue/Processing Tech I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jefferson City, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jefferson City, MO

I applied online – interviewed at State of Missouri.

Submitted tons of applications, finally 2 years later received an interview. It was in a fishbowl conference room. 3 people. They all seemed chipper and nice and I thought the interview went well. Took a test after the interview scored high. Received an email 2 weeks later, normal format, thanks but no thanks.

Interview Questions
    • What would you change about your management at your previous employer. What is a weakness. What are the qualities of your ideal supervisor. How do you feel about cross training.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at State of Missouri in October 2013.

After completing a application I received an interest letter for available date. I submitted via email I possess electronic copies of resume, trans, and reference letters. About a month later i received a call for interview. I went to the interview was asked a few questions and it was over in about 10 mins the quickest interview I ever had. I was told if they decided they wanted me to move to the next step they will submit my information and app to Jeff City for back ground checks and everything. If Jeff City approves my app i will hear from HR. Since than a week and half passed and they have called me to check my references so it is looking promising.

Interview Questions
    • What is punishment and the difference between natural and logical punishment.   View Answer

Supervisor Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at State of Missouri.

I had one large group interview. The interview seemed disorganized, with people arriving late and leaving early. The hiring process is very slow and took 3-4 weeks after I accepted the position. I completed a background check, finger printing, and a drug screen, as well as sent in college transcripts for review.

There was no negotiation.

Probation and Parole Officer I Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at State of Missouri.

Applied through the State of Missouri website and then was contacted to take a test for the Merit System job. The test was multiple choice. After the test results I was given an initial interview. The initial interview reviewed my work history, personality, and situation questions. The interview was conducted by two people. Next, I was contacted for a background investigation interview and asked to provide three letters of reference. The background investigation reviewed criminal history, work history, reference check, and an in-depth analysis of job related situations. About two weeks later I was given a provisional offer upon completion of a drug test.

Interview Questions
    • There were a lot of policy based questions, but the interviewers said they know that you don't know the policy they are really viewing what your gut would tell you to do.   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Youth Facility Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MO

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at State of Missouri.

Openings are posted internally to the Division of Youth Services at the Statewide level. Candidates are selected based on qualifications for interviews. The interview process is a formal panel interview consisting of Regional Administrators and Deputy Directors. The process takes an hour to two hours with the panel members taking turns asking scripted questions.

Interview Questions
    • Several questions focused on leadership and the interviewee's perceived role with the team they will be supervising.   View Answer
    The salary was non-negotiable.

Probation and Parole Officer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jeff, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jeff, MO

I applied in-person. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at State of Missouri.

Take merit test.
    If you score is high enough, they will do a background check. "Don't apply if you have a criminal history outside of minor traffic violations."
    Pass interview panel
    Pass psych eval.
    The answer to every question needs to involve; community safety, officer safety or offender rehabilitation in some manner.
    You don’t want to look like Dirty Harry or a Hug a Thug.

Office Support Assistant (Keyboarding) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

The process took a dayinterviewed at State of Missouri in April 2011.

I have interviewed six times for the above position. The process began when I got a letter in the mail instructing me to call and arrange an interview. The actual interview was conducted by a panel of three people and it consisted of 10 questions, mostly having to do with work experience, work ethic, and situational judgment. All six of my interviews with State of Missouri were set up in more or less the same way. Sometimes they also gave me a brief written test. Sometimes they left room for me to ask questions about the job, sometimes they didn't. On average, the interviews lasted about 30 minutes. I got a standard rejection letter after each one. They seem to abide by a business casual dress code. Looking back, I think just about everyone I met with was friendly and respectful. The atmosphere was rather informal and easy going. I have no idea why they never offered me a job.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think makes you the best candidate for this position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Joseph, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Joseph, MO

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at State of Missouri in January 2010.

Emergency hire

Interview Questions
    • Being able to restrain juveniles & being in bathroom with them when using it, 24/7 supervision.   Answer Question
    None, salary. First job out of college. Stayed nearly 20 yrs tenured in, 6 months contracted State position led to this position. Worked my way up to Manager which you have no Union rights or any respect for your time/life.