State of Montana

www.mt.gov
Employer Engaged

State of Montana Interview Questions

Computer Systems Analyst Interview

The work culture is very friendly with employees and managers working together as a team to accomplish goals.

Interview Questions
    • Question regarding how to market a shared content management system.   Answer Question
    There was no room to negotiate at the time I was hired. That may be different now.

Computer Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Helena, MT

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at State of Montana in July 2011.

group interview which is graded. Multiple rounds of interviews.

Interview Questions
    • why are you not suited for the position you are applying for?   View Answer
    Quick and easy

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Helena, MT

I applied online – interviewed at State of Montana in March 2011.

The interview process included a lengthy written test and a face-to-face oral interview in front of a 3 person panel. The written portion probed for succinct subject matter appropriate for the position being offered. Some of the questions seemed to be geared toward a finals test rather than the type of questions one would expect on an actual hiring tool. It gave some pause to wonder if the test could extract or indicate one's job skill levels accurately. The face-to-face appeared to be an industry standard type of interview with typical questions being asked and the sense that the panel across the table was trying to gain an overall assessment of the professional and personal presence of the applicant and how that person would perform in their work environment. No surprises there.

Interview Questions
    • There was a question relating to internal hierarchy and following chain of command regarding a project overrun. The wording sounded like it could be a trick question at the time that perhaps only someone from the inside could answer correctly and only if they knew the internal management structure and who outside of the immediate project team was responsible for which facet of the project component.   Answer Question

Quality Control Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Helena, MT

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at State of Montana in January 2011.

Submittal of State of Montana employment application, interview, hiring. The application is long and tedious, it needs to contain as much information as possible that matches the job description. The interview is always with three people and consists of a series of questions that also match or is associated with the job description. Job selection is based on the number of points gained from the application and/or the interview. The process attempts to hire the most qualified individual without personal bias.

Interview Questions
    • My interview was too long ago to remember specific questions. But I always hate the question at the end that says "Do you have any questions for us?" Seems like a loaded question...   Answer Question
    With some State jobs you can negotiate. However with this one, the pay rate was set and could not negotiate.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Helena, MT

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at State of Montana in February 2010.

I responded to a position posting on the state website, and after about two weeks completed a telephone interview and asked to come onsite for a panel interview. I felt everyone involved was professional and courteous, much more so than the norm for other firms I'd encountered in my search. Approximately three weeks after the panel interview I was offered and I accepted the position.

Interview Questions
    • Provide an example of a really challenging project and how you worked to overcome the challenges involved.   View Answer
    Negotiation focused on salary, and given this is a government position, the employer's room to maneuver was minimal. However, they did what they could to accommodate, and I feel the process was fair.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Helena, MT

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at State of Montana in February 2009.

Standard questions that are scored by three interviewers.