State of Nebraska Interview Questions

2.6

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, NE
    Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, NE

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at State of Nebraska.

It took 2 weeks+ for them to process my application, and I got a confirmation email for the date of interview. It was a panel interview, two people rotated ask me questions. Most of them are behavior questions and few accounting questions, like "why we need do separate of duty ". After that, there was a written exam. Two were behavior questions and two were questions about child support.

Developmental Disability Service Coordinator Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at State of Nebraska.

Interview process consisted of 3 supervisors

Interview Questions
    • Name a time where you had to put your leadership skills to use.   Answer Question

Economic Development Consultant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at State of Nebraska.

Online application process needs to be detailed. Do not count on uploaded resumes.

Interview Questions
    Salary is based on Classification system- there is no negotiation

Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincoln, NE

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at State of Nebraska.

Contacted for interview a few weeks after applying. I was told there would be a test and they told me what subjects I should expect. Interviews were with 2 managers, I think first interview was 1 hour and the 2nd and final interview was 2 hours or longer. They seemed well prepared in the questions they asked of me and were not rushed for time and often asked follow-up questions.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked questions on various programming languages used, operating systems, and what types of tools I'd like to use in the future.   Answer Question
    Negotiation not really possible, the job descriptions are tightly controlled in government positions.

Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at State of Nebraska in March 2013.

Applied online, which is a very detailed application. All questions must be answered in full detail, or the application will not go through. I was contacted within a month of application and was asked to interview in person. I talked with the supervisor over the phone about the job details and interview process. I accepted the interview. I was interviewed by a panel of three employees, including a counselor, supervisor and deputy director of the company. Each employee asked me a series of five very detailed questions.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected question was: If you had an hour of free time from work, other than lunch break, what would you do?   View Answer
    The interview was very lengthy, but the questions were very straightforward, which I answered simply and honestly. After the interview, it was only two days until I was offered the job position. They were very eager to hire.

Consultant - Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincoln, NE

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at State of Nebraska in February 2013.

Phone Interview took two interviews. Was straight forward with concern about the ability to react well to a politically charged environment. Concerns about the ability to be in an aggressive place with people who might be rather hard to deal with. All in all it wasn't a difficult interview. Of course there were questions that related to the basic knowledge and skills that would be required in that position, some questions about specific artifacts and what you would do in certain cases.

Interview Questions
    • Do you expect to be praised for your work.   View Answer

Staff Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincoln, NE

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at State of Nebraska in June 2012.

Selection for interviews is based upon a rating system when reviewing your application. The interviews are behavioral based. The hiring process can be somewhat drawn out and cumbersome.

There is not a negotiation phase.

Workforce Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at State of Nebraska in April 2012.

I was hired for a program that was kicking off due to a grant. The process was faster than normal. I had a informal phone "interview" qualifying my interest. I soon had a interview in a few days later--hired by the end of the week.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you dealt with a difficult client and you were not able to satisfy there concern.   Answer Question

Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincoln, NE

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at State of Nebraska in June 2011.

First, you apply online. You have the option of attaching a resume, but you must apply online and fill out all the fields. Second, the applications are reviewed and scored. Those who do not meet the minimum qualifications are automatically discarded. Those who do meet the minimum qualifications are then scored. The top candidates are selected for an in-person interview. Pre-generated questions are asked. The interviewers then hand-write your answers to their questions onto their sheets. It might be a month or longer before they are able to make a decision and offer the position to the top candidate.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle an agitated, very angry person over the phone who called in and complained.   View Answer
    I was not able to negotiate. The salary was already set.