State of Nebraska Interview Questions

Updated Aug 24, 2015

2.7

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at State of Nebraska (Lincoln, NE).

Interview

It took 2 weeks+ for them to process my application, and I got a confirmation email for the date of interview. It was a panel interview, two people rotated ask me questions. Most of them are behavior questions and few accounting questions, like "why we need do separate of duty ". After that, there was a written exam. Two were behavior questions and two were questions about child support.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at State of Nebraska.

Interview

Interview process consisted of 3 supervisors

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you had to put your leadership skills to use.   Answer Question

Economic Development Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State of Nebraska.

Interview

Online application process needs to be detailed. Do not count on uploaded resumes.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Salary is based on Classification system- there is no negotiation

Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincoln, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at State of Nebraska (Lincoln, NE).

Interview

Contacted for interview a few weeks after applying. I was told there would be a test and they told me what subjects I should expect. Interviews were with 2 managers, I think first interview was 1 hour and the 2nd and final interview was 2 hours or longer. They seemed well prepared in the questions they asked of me and were not rushed for time and often asked follow-up questions.

Interview Questions

• I was asked questions on various programming languages used, operating systems, and what types of tools I'd like to use in the future.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation not really possible, the job descriptions are tightly controlled in government positions.

Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at State of Nebraska (Omaha, NE) in March 2013.

Interview

Applied online, which is a very detailed application. All questions must be answered in full detail, or the application will not go through. I was contacted within a month of application and was asked to interview in person. I talked with the supervisor over the phone about the job details and interview process. I accepted the interview. I was interviewed by a panel of three employees, including a counselor, supervisor and deputy director of the company. Each employee asked me a series of five very detailed questions.

Interview Questions

• The most unexpected question was: If you had an hour of free time from work, other than lunch break, what would you do?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The interview was very lengthy, but the questions were very straightforward, which I answered simply and honestly. After the interview, it was only two days until I was offered the job position. They were very eager to hire.

Consultant - Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincoln, NE

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at State of Nebraska (Lincoln, NE) in February 2013.

Interview

Phone Interview took two interviews. Was straight forward with concern about the ability to react well to a politically charged environment. Concerns about the ability to be in an aggressive place with people who might be rather hard to deal with. All in all it wasn't a difficult interview. Of course there were questions that related to the basic knowledge and skills that would be required in that position, some questions about specific artifacts and what you would do in certain cases.

Interview Questions

• Do you expect to be praised for your work.   1 Answer

Staff Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincoln, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at State of Nebraska (Lincoln, NE) in June 2012.

Interview

Selection for interviews is based upon a rating system when reviewing your application. The interviews are behavioral based. The hiring process can be somewhat drawn out and cumbersome.

Negotiation

There is not a negotiation phase.

Workforce Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at State of Nebraska (Omaha, NE) in April 2012.

Interview

I was hired for a program that was kicking off due to a grant. The process was faster than normal. I had a informal phone "interview" qualifying my interest. I soon had a interview in a few days later--hired by the end of the week.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you dealt with a difficult client and you were not able to satisfy there concern.   Answer Question

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincoln, NE

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State of Nebraska (Lincoln, NE) in July 2011.

Interview

too lengthy HR does not understand the job specifics base decisions on minimum education only not applicable skills required , qualified co-applicants are filtered out early in the process and are lost to competitors

Interview Questions

• how do you handle conflict   1 Answer

Social Service Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at State of Nebraska (Fremont, NE) in July 2011.

Interview

Interviewers do not engage with you during the questions section. They simply read the interview questions and write down your response verbatim. They do not engage with you. You are allowed to ask questions following the interview. The interviews are generally conducted by tow people one of them being the supervisor who would supervise you if your get the job.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to use problem solving skills to handle a client complaint.   Answer Question