State of Nebraska

8 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Developmental Disability Service Coordinator Interview

Developmental Disability Service Coordinator

I applied in-person and interviewed at State of Nebraska.

Interview Details – Interview process consisted of 3 supervisors

Interview Question – Name a time where you had to put your leadership skills to use.   Answer Question

Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor Interview

Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor
Omaha, NE

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at State of Nebraska in March 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online, which is a very detailed application. All questions must be answered in full detail, or the application will not go through. I was contacted within a month of application and was asked to interview in person. I talked with the supervisor over the phone about the job details and interview process. I accepted the interview. I was interviewed by a panel of three employees, including a counselor, supervisor and deputy director of the company. Each employee asked me a series of five very detailed questions.

Interview Question – The most unexpected question was: If you had an hour of free time from work, other than lunch break, what would you do?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The interview was very lengthy, but the questions were very straightforward, which I answered simply and honestly. After the interview, it was only two days until I was offered the job position. They were very eager to hire.

Economic Development Consultant Interview

Economic Development Consultant

I applied online and interviewed at State of Nebraska.

Interview Details – Online application process needs to be detailed. Do not count on uploaded resumes.

Interview Question – What is your weakness   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Salary is based on Classification system- there is no negotiation

Consultant - Project Manager Interview

Consultant - Project Manager
Lincoln, NE

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at State of Nebraska in February 2013.

Interview Details – Phone Interview took two interviews. Was straight forward with concern about the ability to react well to a politically charged environment. Concerns about the ability to be in an aggressive place with people who might be rather hard to deal with. All in all it wasn't a difficult interview. Of course there were questions that related to the basic knowledge and skills that would be required in that position, some questions about specific artifacts and what you would do in certain cases.

Interview Question – Do you expect to be praised for your work.   Answer Question

Applications Developer Interview

Applications Developer
Lincoln, NE

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at State of Nebraska.

Interview Details – Contacted for interview a few weeks after applying. I was told there would be a test and they told me what subjects I should expect. Interviews were with 2 managers, I think first interview was 1 hour and the 2nd and final interview was 2 hours or longer. They seemed well prepared in the questions they asked of me and were not rushed for time and often asked follow-up questions.

Interview Question – I was asked questions on various programming languages used, operating systems, and what types of tools I'd like to use in the future.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation not really possible, the job descriptions are tightly controlled in government positions.

Workforce Coordinator Interview

Workforce Coordinator
Omaha, NE

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at State of Nebraska in April 2012.

Interview Details – I was hired for a program that was kicking off due to a grant. The process was faster than normal. I had a informal phone "interview" qualifying my interest. I soon had a interview in a few days later--hired by the end of the week.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you dealt with a difficult client and you were not able to satisfy there concern.   Answer Question

Staff Assistant Interview

Staff Assistant
Lincoln, NE

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at State of Nebraska in June 2012.

Interview Details – Selection for interviews is based upon a rating system when reviewing your application. The interviews are behavioral based. The hiring process can be somewhat drawn out and cumbersome.

Negotiation Details – There is not a negotiation phase.

Assistant Interview

Assistant
Lincoln, NE

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at State of Nebraska in June 2011.

Interview Details – First, you apply online. You have the option of attaching a resume, but you must apply online and fill out all the fields. Second, the applications are reviewed and scored. Those who do not meet the minimum qualifications are automatically discarded. Those who do meet the minimum qualifications are then scored. The top candidates are selected for an in-person interview. Pre-generated questions are asked. The interviewers then hand-write your answers to their questions onto their sheets. It might be a month or longer before they are able to make a decision and offer the position to the top candidate.

Interview Question – How would you handle an agitated, very angry person over the phone who called in and complained.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was not able to negotiate. The salary was already set.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for State of Nebraska? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at State of Nebraska interview questions and advice. All 8 interview reviews posted anonymously by State of Nebraska employees and interview candidates.