State of Nevada

Relevance Date Difficulty

Family Services Specialist I Interview

Family Services Specialist I
Las Vegas, NV

I applied online and the process took 10 months - interviewed at State of Nevada in November 2013.

Interview Details – March 2013, I applied. I completed the skills testing in April. I interviewed in May and September and was not offered the position. I interviewed in December 2013, was offered and accepted the position in January 2014. Start date is March 3rd.

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation

Health Care Coordinator Interview

Health Care Coordinator
Las Vegas, NV

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at State of Nevada in November 2012.

Interview Details – The application process is done online. Once you complete the application you may be called in for an interview. It's at least a two to three person panel asking you questions about the position and your work experience as it relates to the position. The people were friendly and polite. The interview lasted appropriately 20 to 35 minutes.

Interview Question – What would you do if you felt uncomfortable while at an individuals home? would you stay or leave the home?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No, negotiation I was hired at the lowest level.

Family Services Specialist I Interview

Family Services Specialist I

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at State of Nevada.

Interview Details – Tested with state after passing initial qualification screening. Offered interview after test. Had to respond to an essay question while waiting for scheduled interview. Interviewed with a panel of three people. Questions asked were the fluffy ridiculous questions that you see frequently. "Give me an example of how you handled a stressful situation" and "what are the most important qualities in a coworker"

Interview Question – There were no unexpected questions   Answer Question

Education and Information Officer Interview

Education and Information Officer
Carson City, NV

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at State of Nevada.

Interview Details – There is an application and security check process before an interview is scheduled. If you pass the security check you are granted the interview. The interview is a group interview with 5 people present each asking various questions ranging from former employment, education, and community service to pointed behavioral questions.

Interview Question – Who would you hire from this group? Why?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There wasn't one

Accounting Clerk Interview

Accounting Clerk
Carson City, NV

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at State of Nevada in November 2012.

Interview Details – Hiring process consists of first taking a state exam to qualify for the position. The exam is very basic, with general knowledge questions, a few Office software questions, and basic accounting. The opening was for the department of Taxation. The interview was somewhat dry with a list of questions. The same list is used for each candidate.

Interview Question – There are no surprises. The usual questions such as strengths, weaknesses, and employee conflict.   Answer Question

Health and Family Services Interview

Health and Family Services
Carson City, NV

The process took a day - interviewed at State of Nevada in January 2012.

Interview Details – First you have to set up a profile on the State of Nevada website because this is the only way to apply for jobs. It takes a while but it is nice in the long run if you end up applying for multiple jobs because most of your information is saved. The next step is to apply for specific jobs. Sometimes you have to answer a specific set of questions, sometimes you have to take a job specific test and sometimes you do nothing. The application then gets accepted or rejected and if the application looks good enough an interview is scheduled. Interviews are panel based and always consist of a predetermined set of questions. The interview seems to be set up to remove personality from the interview panel which is good in some ways because it ensures everybody gets a similar interview experience.

Interview Question – Name a time you dad to deal with a conflict and what you did about it?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – The citizens of Nevada do not support state workers. Sadly this feeling is shared by the current governor and state workers have become popular fodder for angry citizens who want the economy to do better but don't want to have to make any sacrifices themselves. Instead of having to pitch in themselves to help the economy too many Nevada citizens want to trash state employees and slash their salaries. The governor is more then willing to accommodate this sentiment and the state is losing qualified employees because of it.

Clerical Interview

Clerical
Las Vegas, NV

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at State of Nevada in April 2010.

Interview Details – An online application followed by taking an exam. Test results are quick and mailed to home address
Contacted by supervisor of state agency
Interview with two supervisors Grilling questions about team work and attitudes toward co-workers
Quick job offer within 24 hours
FBI background check and fingerprint cards paid for by job candidate

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – No negotiations available
Job titlles are deceiving
Pension contributions are very high which leaves you with not enough money to pay your monthly expenses
and pension participation is mandatory

IT Professional IV Interview

IT Professional IV
Carson City, NV

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at State of Nevada in November 2008.

Interview Details – Applied through the central State hiring agency, the Dept of Personnel. Received a call setting up a time/place for an interview several weeks later. Interview was by two IT Professionals that quized me on a combination on manager type questions "How would you handle employee X that does Y" and deep technical questions "You are doing X, Y, & Z something else happens then you recieve this error - what do you do?". I didn't get all answers correct but a majority of them. They said to expect to hear back in about 10 days. Recieved a call about three days later offering the position.

Interview Question – You have a system with IP x.x.x.x, what mask do you need to enable communication   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation - they have set pay scales and rules governing where you start. Take it or leave it unfortunately.

Management Analyst Interview

Management Analyst

I applied online and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at State of Nevada in January 2012.

Interview Details – I applied on Nevada State website, two weeks later I was invited to take a skill test with 15 other candiates in the room. A week later I received notification that I passed the test, and that an agency will contact me but have not heard anything since.

Interview Question – How do you handle vialent situations   Answer Question

Worked for State of Nevada? Contribute to the Community!