State of North Carolina

Updated Nov 8, 2014
Updated Nov 8, 2014

Processing Assistant V Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at State of North Carolina.

I applied for somewhere around 150 positions over an almost 1 1/2 year time span and had a total of 3 or 4 interviews. It takes a moderate amount of time for the agencies to get from the application to the interview process. It took around 4 weeks from the application deadline to my actual interview and this was for a position that was highly needed. They stated that it would be 2-3 weeks, it actually took 5 weeks. This timeline was quicker than usual because like I said, this position was highly needed.
    The interview itself was fairly short. A few basic questions. What do you know about (our department)? What makes you think you'd be good in this position?

Interview Questions
    • None, they were the basic interview questions that you can prepare for by searching for interview questions online.   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Nurse Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at State of North Carolina.

I was initially contacted by an agency about the job but before I completed their paperwork , the State posted a position. I applied the same day and chose to wait to see if they would call. About 3 weeks later they did and scheduled me for an interview later that week.

Interview Questions
    • A list of MD orders and had to indicate what was missing, if anything, from the order. It was not difficult but unexpected.   Answer Question
    I was contacted 3 weeks after interviewing. Came into the facility and was presented with a contingent offer that was well above what I expected.

Magistrate Judge Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at State of North Carolina.

Applied for position on state website. (You have to be a resident of that county at time of appointment FYI) Applicants are selected to interview by the Clerk of Court (elected official) and those selected are scheduled for an group/panel interview. Ultimately the decision is made by the Chief Superior Court Judge of the county in which you are applying for.

Interview Questions
    No pay negotiation, pay set at state rate.

Teacher Interview

Internet

Interview Questions
    • Do you want to continue your education?   View Answer

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at State of North Carolina in January 2011.

I applied and was contacted through Temporary Solutions. I was interviewed by the immediate supervisors and another project coordinator. Later I was interviewed by the department manager. It appeared that the first interview was the formal interview and the second interview was more of a personality test to see if the manager felt I would be a good fit.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about the most important career decision you've made.   View Answer

Supervisor Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at State of North Carolina in July 2010.

It was a panel interview (3 people) The office manager, the person who supervises the position and sometimes the regional representative. You are asked questions relating to your past experience.
    Takes a very long time to hear back after the interview.

Interview Questions
    There is no negotiation . There is a set amount of money they pay and benefits are set

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at State of North Carolina in February 2009.

Applied to the job online. Got a call from HR about 2 weeks later. Had a initial technical interview with HR that went well so they scheduled an in person interview. The interview was a group interview. They asked questions about your working experience then they asked some detailed questions about database commands, and J2EE design and pattern.

Interview Questions
    • What is the syntax of SQL commands for joining database table?   Answer Question

Human Services Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at State of North Carolina.

The interview process can be lengthy. I applied but didn't get a phone call for interview until 2 months later. Once interviewed it was a two part process. Once with two managers and the second with the office manager. Overall, a good experience. They asked scenario questions and really wanted to know what I had to offer them.

Interview Questions
    • They narrowed down to two applicants and I was asked to present myself as the "winning candidate" so basically give an elevator speech. I was not prepared for that, but it went well, I got the job!   Answer Question

Auditor Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at State of North Carolina in June 2008.

Takes a while with the State. Several months after you apply to hear if you have an interview. If you get an interview it will be several months until offer. By the time you hear back from the State, a lot of times you have already accepted another position. Long process.

NA