State of Ohio Interview Questions & Reviews

14 interviews

2.8

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at State of Ohio.

It was a very extensive and thorough interview process. I applied by sending an email with my resume and cover letter. Then I was invited to start the interview process which included a panel interview with senior staff, followed by a one-on-one with the executive director. Once I completed the panel interview and was asked to move to a final, I was asked to fill out the state application and submit a drug test. I was also asked to complete a project review as homework. I had a weekend to complete it and send it in via email.

Interview Questions
    • There wasn't one particular question that was the most difficult but the panel interview consisted on over an hour of behavioral questions that sometimes seemed to overlap and make it difficult to come up with new "situations" from my work history to share. It definitely was an exercise in endurance.   Answer Question

Army Section Supervisor Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at State of Ohio in February 2009.

Written application, application screened, background check completed, security clearance verified, drug test, 1:1 interview, panel interview to include physical fitness test & body fat test, and a formal presntation to demonstrate presentation skills & knowledge.

Interview Questions
    • Describe your experience with counterinsurgency warfare in a combat theater of operations.   Answer Question
    • Describe your knowledge of enemy TTP's in combat theater of operations.   Answer Question
    No negotiations.

Case Manager Assistant Interview

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at State of Ohio in November 2011.

A civil service test and a grammar was given. The grammar test was easy. I didn't time myself properly and didn't complete the other test. It was divided into 5 sections and I didn't get to the 5th section. It was tricky but not really extremely hard.

Interview Questions
    • Detailed tricky analysis questions that are hard to remember   Answer Question

CIO Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at State of Ohio in August 2007.

Formal process

Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

The process took 2 days - interviewed at State of Ohio in November 2011.

First day of the interview was a skills test. If you qualified with the skills test you were then invited to come back for a panel interview.
    Overall in the beginning everyone was polite and great to talk with. I felt a real level of professionalism and connection with everyone I talked with.
    Communication methods have been email and phone.
    Post interview has been the worst professional experience ever. The management said they would be notifying about the position in a week. The week had past and no information. I have naturally assumed I did not get the job. I emailed inquiring about the status of the position, but I have had no response from anyone about my inquiries. I have called also inquiring about the position. Every call has directed me to voicemail and no one has yet to return my calls.
    Why would a government agency fail to respond to inquiries about a position I interviewed for?
    If this is the post interview communication and professionalism level, I am certainly glad I was not offered a position with them.

Psychologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cleveland, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

I interviewed in-person - interviewed at State of Ohio in April 2012.

I was interviewed by varied group of administrators and clinicians. They seemed to be looking for a creataive, fairly accomplished person who could hit the job running with little break in time.I fit the bill in that I have had 43 years of experience dooing the job with the exact skills needed as they were looking for.

Interview Questions
    • What would I do if an assistant didn't want to follow directions   View Answer
    Since I expected an advance step appointment, the position approval had to go to top administrator which took 45 days to approve which it finally was to my satisfaction

Manager Interview

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at State of Ohio in August 2010.

Research the company and job description to be prepared

Intern Interview

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at State of Ohio in April 2010.

Ther were 2 interviewers from differing levels of management in the interview. Be sure to research your department before interviewing as they take great stock in your questions about the position.

Interview Questions
    • How has your experience prepared you for the particulars of this position?   Answer Question

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I interviewed online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at State of Ohio in January 2010.

Two panel interviews - first one of canned questions, second one had canned, but in-depth questions. 1 written test, 1 presentation.

Interview Questions
    • None. All were elementary. Most difficult thing was not laughing at one of the 3 IT Managers in the panel who dozed during the interview and didn't participate at all.   Answer Question
    Typical - offer/counter, settled near middle.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I interviewed through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at State of Ohio in January 2010.

online application, on site testing.... very easy... Apply online at public website, build a profile. There is nothing else to add. Very simple, low stress situation. A lot of intermittent to permanent positions.

no negotiation.

Worked for State of Ohio? Contribute to the Community!