State of Ohio Interview Questions

Updated Aug 11, 2014
Updated Aug 11, 2014

2.8

Attorney Interview

Interviewing at the Ohio Public Defender's office can be a lengthy process. It was a few weeks after I submitted my resume in response to their ad that I was contacted. The interview was set up for the following week. I was interviewed by two attorneys before meeting with the Ohio Public Defender. It was just one interview but it was another three weeks before I was called and offered the job. The atmosphere was very casual, with everyone wearing jeans.

IT Specialist Interview

Be prepared for a lengthy process. The jobs was posted in November. I applied when it was posted. I never received any feed back until January when I was called for a interview. There was not standard interview with HR which was good. However, there is a panel interview with 2 managers. During this interview they take turns asking you a series of questions, where they each score your results. The interview lasted about an hour. I never heard anything back until May, and did not start work until a month later.

Very little. The state has salary ranges and steps.

Programmer Analyst Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4 months - interviewed at State of Ohio.

The entire process is slow and takes at least three months to complete. It is inefficient and poorly managed. The entrance exam was created by an employee with no test design experience.

It's government, so there is no negotiation.

Janitor Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at State of Ohio in September 2010.

was to fast and they did not care a bout me all they want to know if i could do the job, and be on time will be back if i dont get a job soon!

Interview Questions
    • could you stay over and do some one work with no pay   View Answer
    took what they gave me

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at State of Ohio in January 2010.

Two panel interviews - first one of canned questions, second one had canned, but in-depth questions. 1 written test, 1 presentation.

Interview Questions
    • None. All were elementary. Most difficult thing was not laughing at one of the 3 IT Managers in the panel who dozed during the interview and didn't participate at all.   Answer Question
    Typical - offer/counter, settled near middle.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at State of Ohio in January 2010.

online application, on site testing.... very easy... Apply online at public website, build a profile. There is nothing else to add. Very simple, low stress situation. A lot of intermittent to permanent positions.

no negotiation.

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at State of Ohio in April 2010.

Ther were 2 interviewers from differing levels of management in the interview. Be sure to research your department before interviewing as they take great stock in your questions about the position.

Interview Questions
    • How has your experience prepared you for the particulars of this position?   Answer Question

Psychologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cleveland, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

I applied in-person - interviewed at State of Ohio in April 2012.

I was interviewed by varied group of administrators and clinicians. They seemed to be looking for a creataive, fairly accomplished person who could hit the job running with little break in time.I fit the bill in that I have had 43 years of experience dooing the job with the exact skills needed as they were looking for.

Interview Questions
    • What would I do if an assistant didn't want to follow directions   View Answer
    Since I expected an advance step appointment, the position approval had to go to top administrator which took 45 days to approve which it finally was to my satisfaction

Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at State of Ohio in August 2010.

Research the company and job description to be prepared

Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

The process took 2 days - interviewed at State of Ohio in November 2011.

First day of the interview was a skills test. If you qualified with the skills test you were then invited to come back for a panel interview.
    Overall in the beginning everyone was polite and great to talk with. I felt a real level of professionalism and connection with everyone I talked with.
    Communication methods have been email and phone.
    Post interview has been the worst professional experience ever. The management said they would be notifying about the position in a week. The week had past and no information. I have naturally assumed I did not get the job. I emailed inquiring about the status of the position, but I have had no response from anyone about my inquiries. I have called also inquiring about the position. Every call has directed me to voicemail and no one has yet to return my calls.
    Why would a government agency fail to respond to inquiries about a position I interviewed for?
    If this is the post interview communication and professionalism level, I am certainly glad I was not offered a position with them.

Interview Questions

Worked for State of Ohio? Contribute to the Community!