State of Ohio Interview Questions

Updated Jul 20, 2015

2.9

Attorney Interview

Interview

Interviewing at the Ohio Public Defender's office can be a lengthy process. It was a few weeks after I submitted my resume in response to their ad that I was contacted. The interview was set up for the following week. I was interviewed by two attorneys before meeting with the Ohio Public Defender. It was just one interview but it was another three weeks before I was called and offered the job. The atmosphere was very casual, with everyone wearing jeans.

IT Specialist Interview

Interview

Be prepared for a lengthy process. The jobs was posted in November. I applied when it was posted. I never received any feed back until January when I was called for a interview. There was not standard interview with HR which was good. However, there is a panel interview with 2 managers. During this interview they take turns asking you a series of questions, where they each score your results. The interview lasted about an hour. I never heard anything back until May, and did not start work until a month later.

Negotiation

Very little. The state has salary ranges and steps.

Programmer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at State of Ohio.

Interview

The entire process is slow and takes at least three months to complete. It is inefficient and poorly managed. The entrance exam was created by an employee with no test design experience.

Negotiation

It's government, so there is no negotiation.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at State of Ohio (Columbus, OH) in January 2010.

Interview

online application, on site testing.... very easy... Apply online at public website, build a profile. There is nothing else to add. Very simple, low stress situation. A lot of intermittent to permanent positions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation.

Janitor Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at State of Ohio in September 2010.

Interview

was to fast and they did not care a bout me all they want to know if i could do the job, and be on time will be back if i dont get a job soon!

Interview Questions

• could you stay over and do some one work with no pay   1 Answer

Negotiation

took what they gave me

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at State of Ohio (Columbus, OH) in January 2010.

Interview

Two panel interviews - first one of canned questions, second one had canned, but in-depth questions. 1 written test, 1 presentation.

Interview Questions

• None. All were elementary. Most difficult thing was not laughing at one of the 3 IT Managers in the panel who dozed during the interview and didn't participate at all.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Typical - offer/counter, settled near middle.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at State of Ohio in April 2010.

Interview

Ther were 2 interviewers from differing levels of management in the interview. Be sure to research your department before interviewing as they take great stock in your questions about the position.

Interview Questions

• How has your experience prepared you for the particulars of this position?   Answer Question

Health Planning Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at State of Ohio (Columbus, OH) in November 2011.

Interview

Online application followed by months of waiting for a call, an interview, and then months later an offer. HR was no help in offering support and information on the process.

Interview Questions

• Describe how your past experience will impact the work you want to do.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at State of Ohio (Columbus, OH).

Interview

I applied online by submitting my resume and answering several questions. I was then contacted about an interview. They used a group interview process with 4 members of the staff participating and each asking different questions.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about this department? Why do you want to work for this department?   Answer Question

Psychologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at State of Ohio (Cleveland, OH) in April 2012.

Interview

I was interviewed by varied group of administrators and clinicians. They seemed to be looking for a creataive, fairly accomplished person who could hit the job running with little break in time.I fit the bill in that I have had 43 years of experience dooing the job with the exact skills needed as they were looking for.

Interview Questions

• What would I do if an assistant didn't want to follow directions   1 Answer

Negotiation

Since I expected an advance step appointment, the position approval had to go to top administrator which took 45 days to approve which it finally was to my satisfaction