State of Oklahoma

Relevance Date Difficulty

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant
Oklahoma City, OK

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at State of Oklahoma.

Interview Details – There were 2 interviews. The initial one was with my immediate supervisor and 2 other members of the unit, there was no flexibility on the date, they were just doing the interviews that day and they would not do an exception. The second one that the manager of the unit and it was very informal, but after that the decision was made really fast actually it was the same day of the second interview. After that it was 1 month to start because of the background check.

Interview Question – The interview in my opinion was very easy   Answer Question

Legislative Assistant Interview

Legislative Assistant

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at State of Oklahoma.

Interview Details – Apply online. Interview with HR and elected official. Prefer degree. Typing and clerical test in no degree.

Interview Question – How to handle conflicts of interest.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation for entry levels.

Manager I Interview

Manager I

I applied online - interviewed at State of Oklahoma in July 2013.

Interview Details – take assessment @ state office, get there earlier in the morning. Be sure you listen to the direction provided as you will take a pre-test (to prepare yourself) and then the assessment. Don't take ANYTHING but your ID and the confirmation email regarding the need for the assessment.

Interview Question – None really. Typing test is included in most administrative or managerial/office positions. 50+ WPM is far above most posting requirements.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Moving out of state

Litigation Interview

Litigation
Norman, OK

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at State of Oklahoma in December 2009.

Interview Details – Most employees are hired because they were invited to apply. Interview process is typically a set of specified interview questions for new employees that applying from outside the agency. I transferred from another division so the interview process was informal. I had the job before I applied, as I was asked if I wanted the job. The application was just a formality. The job was not advertised out of house.

Interview Question – It has been eleven years since I interviewed (2001) and I do not recall the most difficult question. I recall that it was not a difficult interview as the supervisor of the litigation department sought me out and offered me the job. .   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. I received an offer for employment at a specified salary. I was working in a different division and was approached by the litigation division supervisor and asked if I would like to transfer. The supervisor asked me to take a cut in pay and I refused, so I received a lateral transfer with the same salary.

Child Support Specialist I Interview

Child Support Specialist I
Woodward, OK

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at State of Oklahoma in August 2010.

Interview Details – Apply to job OK.gov website or OKDHS website within the open period. Allow time before closing date to complete state service exam. Submit digital resume and other documents along with resume'. Resume' reviewed by HR and you are contacted with eligibility by email, online, and land mail. Take state service exam for specialty area. Service exam includes business math, legal math, legal diction, legal scenarios, social work scenarios, negotiation techniques, customer service. Receive call to see if still interested. Complete multiple interviews. Wait for final response. Negotiate salary terms and set up a start date.

Interview Question – How would you perform in an environment where the job is never done at the end of the day?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Attempted to receive credit for prior military service as the federal government does with employees on payscale. This was denied by the local attorney because administrative work or human resources does not equate as experience or ability to work as paralegal/child support specialist. Only some of this is true. In my opinion anyone who can do data entry, negotiate terms, type, and handle lots of stress can do the majority of tasks involved in this job.

Disability Determination Specialist Interview

Disability Determination Specialist
Oklahoma City, OK

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at State of Oklahoma in August 2010.

Interview Details – The woman scheduled before me was ten minutes late for her interview and was told she could call and reschedule. After she left the receptionist told me they would not reschedule anyone. It was a three person panel consisting of two women and one man. II was asked what I thought my strengths were and why I thought I would be a good candidate for the job. I was told there were over 100 applicants for the several positions. Both women asked the questions. I was given a tour of the building.
They gave me no indication of how I did on the interview. I received a phone call a few days later offering the positionl

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – non -negotiable

Administrative Interview

Administrative

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at State of Oklahoma in March 2012.

Interview Details – Internal applicants within the same department are chosen for State of Oklahoma positions.

Worked for State of Oklahoma? Contribute to the Community!