State of South Carolina

10 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Mental Health Counselor I Interview

Mental Health Counselor I

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at State of South Carolina.

Interview Details – Some positions take several months to hire. Apply for as many as are listed online as you will likely be considered for other positions.

Interview Question – How would you explain your theoretical orientation to a potential client?   Answer Question

Department of Labor Licensing and Regulation - OIE Investigations Interview

Department of Labor Licensing and Regulation - OIE Investigations
Columbia, SC

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at State of South Carolina in April 2013.

Interview Details – Filled out application online. Contacted about two weeks later. Panel style (3) interview with behavorial type questions.

Interview Question – Have you ever dealt with an irate customer. How did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Mental Health Specialist Interview

Mental Health Specialist
Columbia, SC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at State of South Carolina in July 2009.

Interview Details – Good interview process but long waits (3 months+) to actually begin work. "Network" connections trump past experience in many cases.

Interview Question – How do you handle stress?   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Juvenile Correctional Officer Interview

Juvenile Correctional Officer
Columbia, SC

The process took 1 week - interviewed at State of South Carolina in January 2011.

Interview Details – well first i got a call to setup my interview and was told to meet at the chapel, now granted i was never told of the specific position that i was interviewing for, note before this process i had applied to about six JCO positions on their site. Got to interview early felt good about the whole ordeal but during interview one of the interviewers phone rings which he takes the call, not business related, it was a personal call so he ended it short afterwards. but after interview i was told i would receive a letter in the mail if i didnt get the job and a phone call if i did,and to this day i have still not heard anything back from them i even called the human resource office and got no answer

Interview Question – Do you have any blind spots?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Lab Tech Interview

Lab Tech
Columbia, SC

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at State of South Carolina in July 2010.

Interview Details – Applied online, interviewed with medical director and supervisor in person, they were profrofessional, but there were many applicants.

Interview Questions

• What tasks would I do if there was no work to be done at the moment   View Answer
  • How would I deal with difficult people   View Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Greenville, SC

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at State of South Carolina in December 2009.

Interview Details – brief phone conversation

Interview Question – where do you see yourself in 5 years   View Answer

Benefits Manager Interview

Benefits Manager

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at State of South Carolina in March 2011.

Interview Details – I initially applied for the job on the SC State Government website. I was contacted about my first interview by telephone within one week of submitting my resume. I was told my the date and time of my first interview.

The first interview was a panel interview to include six other individuals. The individuals held various positions within the company and on the board. Each individual present asked me a behavioral type question for my interview. The second interview was a presentation interview. I had to give a 15 minute presentation with slides on any topic I deemed appropriate for the occasion. This interview was also a panel interview. There were five individuals present. They each asked questions based on my presentation information. The third interview involved the Director of the Employee Insurance Program, the individual that would be serving as my manager, and the individual who would be leaving the position advertised due to a promotion. This was more of a casual meet and greet type of interview. This interview was less formal but just as important as the other interviews. There were a few more questions asked and clarifications of some items from my past interviews.

I really enjoyed this interview process. I was very impressed by the interview style and how things were carried out. I was able to really connect with a wide variety of people within the interviews since all three interviews were conducted by different individuals within the company. The employees appeared to be very nice and respectful. They had no problems asking or answering my questions. They made me feel very welcomed.

Interview Question – If you heard a rumor from employee A and others concerning the work performance of employee B in the field, how would you handle confronting employee B with the information?   Answer Question

Program Coordinator Interview

Program Coordinator

The process took a day - interviewed at State of South Carolina in February 2011.

Interview Details – Apply online. Was already employed with the Agency, went for a single interview with a peer, my supervisor, and supervisor's supervisor. I was given an overview of the department goals and the future of the department. There was not alot of pressure since we already knew each other. One question, " Describe yourself in one word."

Interview Question – In one word describe yourself.   Answer Question

Workers Comp Adjuster Interview

Workers Comp Adjuster

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at State of South Carolina in February 2008.

Interview Details – I applied for the job online, about 1 month later I was called in for an interview. It was a panel of about 5 people asking questions about why I wanted to work there ect. Oh, they also make sure you know what the company actually does.

Interview Question – What would be your plan of action to finish work someone else started?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Non negotiatioable.

Counselor Interview

Counselor

The process took 3 days - interviewed at State of South Carolina in January 2009.

Interview Details – Initally contacted by a supervisor for face to face interview with a small panel. After interview, they reviewed and invited me back for a second interview with another panel. After passing that interview, asked to meet with director and discuss salary.

Interview Question – What is your theoretical approach?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – You should negotiate. They stated that this was also part of the interview but in fact, by this point you already have the job so should not hold back on what you want. This is also when they discussed benefits and insurance information. I felt very overwhelmed to have all this packed into one day.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for State of South Carolina? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at State of South Carolina interview questions and advice. All 10 interview reviews posted anonymously by State of South Carolina employees and interview candidates.