State of South Dakota Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at State of South Dakota

Corrections Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pierre, SD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pierre, SD

I applied online - interviewed at State of South Dakota.

There were two interviews, one with the director of the department and the second with a panel of three. The State doesn't open their positions to internal applicants first so there is a lot of unneccesary work. Often an internal applicant receives the position in a lateral transfer anyway- therefore there essentially wasn't really a position available to the "public." Of course the jobs that are left without anyone transfering are the ones that no one else wants to do!

Interview Questions
    • If you wrote the "motto statement" for this departments objectives, what would it be?   Answer Question
    no negotiation phase

Auditor Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at State of South Dakota in January 2012.

I applied online and got a phone call to schedule an interview approximately 2 weeks later. The interview consisted of 3 people (Manager, Director, & Human Resources.) The Manager conducted the interview with some input from the Director and Human Resources personnel. All 3 were very professional and I was offered the job at the end of the interview.

Interview Questions
    • What would your ideal supervisor be like?   View Answer
    I didn't need to negotiate. The offer was acceptable to me and I was happy with the outcome.

Finance Officer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at State of South Dakota in April 2009.

The interview was fairly laid back. Extensive experience in Governmental accounting was desired.

Interview Questions
    • If you could describe yourself with one sentence, what would that sentence be?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time in which you were overwhelmed and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Worked for State of South Dakota? Contribute to the Community!