State of Texas Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Jul 11, 2014
15 interviews

2.9

Senior IT Auditor Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at State of Texas.

Applied Online, was invited to an interview and they came back with an offer the next day. Interview was very technical and left no room for doubts about what the job entailed. They were very keen to find out if I was willing to take on very challenging problems and provide realistic solutions.

No negotiations.

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at State of Texas in August 2010.

Hiring process was lengthy, I think about three months from application to hiring. Interviews for SoTX jobs always involve a list of set questions that do not vary from candidate to candidate. I was allowed to review the questions for a few minutes before the interview. At my agency, at the time I was hired, the hiring department offered you the job and negotiated salary with you. Those functions are now handled by HR.

Interview Questions
    Unfortunately, I did not negotiate. As I stated above, at my agency, at the time I was hired, the hiring department offered the job and negotiated salary. Now, those tasks are handled by HR.

Spokesperson Interview

Quick and pleasant, prompt feedback. Interviewed with three people. questions were a little repetitive. They were forthcoming about the personalities involved - for example, so and so is grumpy in the morning, can you deal with that?

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at State of Texas.

It was easy to get in for me, I got an email asking for an interview. I went to the interview and was called back for a date when I could start. The rest is history.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at State of Texas.

The interview and hiring process is similar to that of a position that should pay at least 70k. It is a 3 person panel interview and the hoops that they expect you to jump through are ridiculous for less than $13 per hour. They only require a high school diploma in order to justify the low pay. But the required background check, knowledge, skills, testing, responsibilities and hazards of the job should render a minimum of 50k annually

Interview Questions
    • No real difficult questions were asked. Mainly focused around character and customer service skills as was expected   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at State of Texas.

The hiring and interview process was easy.

Applying to the Larged Single Department In the State of Texas Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at State of Texas in January 2009.

Respond to job posting with application submission, phone call to schedule a face to face interview, could be call back a second time, job offer.

Interview Questions
    • There were none. They are pretty bland standard questions.   Answer Question
    There is not one. Your job offer is predetermined by the job classification.

Workforce Development Specialist Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at State of Texas.

three stars neutral to private sector

Interview Questions
    There is typically no negotiation with the State. Although, more jobseekers would be interested if hiring managers used their abilites to utilize ranges.

Instructor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Alpine, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpine, TX

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at State of Texas.

I had applied but no position was available; I had a preliminary interview and told I would be contacted if something opened up. Then, on Christmas Eve, I got a calling asking if I were interested in filling an unexpected vacancy in January to teach in the spring semester. I accepted.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked how I would work with students who might have low academic preparation for college.   View Answer
    Fixed at Instructor level.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at State of Texas in August 2011.

Met with manager and one employee. Questions were predetermined. As with any state job, the questions were rated and points given. Depending on the number of question that were answered correctly will determine if you are eligible for the position. All eligible applicants are then called back for 2nd interview. As I was a quick hire, no 2nd interview required.

Interview Questions
    • What is the difference between waterfall method and prototyping model? What is the hybrid of these two methods called?   View Answer
    • What is a rational Unified Process   View Answer
    • How would you define SDLC   View Answer
    No Negotiation

Worked for State of Texas? Contribute to the Community!