State of Utah Interview Questions

Updated Aug 21, 2015

3.2

Rehabilitation Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ogden, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at State of Utah (Ogden, UT) in April 2015.

Interview

You apply online and then they do first round interviews over the phone. If you do well with that they will then do an in person interview or interview over Skype depending on your location.

Interview Questions

• What experiences do you have working with individuals ages 14-25?   Answer Question

Licensing Tech Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State of Utah.

Interview

I was interviewed by the board manager and her secretary. It was about 20 minutes in length. I know the board manager looked at my resume as she asked me questions about certain dates,etc. The decision making process was long. I finally got a call back after three weeks or so. That should have been the first clue this is not a good place to work.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was NO negotiation.

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at State of Utah in September 2014.

Interview

It was a panel interview with 3 people asking questions. They asked behavioral based questions, mostly questions that started with "Tell me of a time when you ..." They gave me a minute to think before responding to the questions.

Interview Questions

• Why should we consider you for this position instead of the other candidates?   Answer Question

Telecommunications Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at State of Utah in April 2014.

Interview

Very specific Q and A. Written questions were read and then I answered them. The government regulations for hiring at the State make the process challenging. It feels very sterile, the interviewer needs to find a way to make a connection with the panel while still answering their questions.

Interview Questions

• Experience with Cisco Unified Communications Manager, Unity Connections, IM and Presence, Contact Center, Networking, Carrier services.   Answer Question

Chaplain Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at State of Utah (Salt Lake City, UT) in March 2014.

Interview

After submitting application on-line, was informed that I would need to pre-record via Skype some canned questions, which would be forwarded to various department heads for further review and then an in-person panel interview afterward. Very patronizing and condescending.

Interview Questions

Impersonal tone of interview process, very inappropriate method

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at State of Utah (Salt Lake City, UT) in September 2013.

Interview

The interview process is a very drawn out one. It takes a long time to hear back. Salary negotiations are futile. Don't try. For the most part, upper management is competent, but the interview process is pretty rigid and doesn't allow for management to run the show.

Workforce Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at State of Utah.

Interview

Arrive 30 minutes early, because the receptionist at the admin. building will give you a sheet of interview questions to answer on paper before your actual interview they give you 15 minutes to complete this sheet. Once done with this, you will be lead to the interview room where 2-4 people will be asking you questions and write down your responses. make sure your research the jobs.utah.gov website and that your are familiar with the temporary assistance programs and U.I. Compensation. They will give you scenario questions about helping people with temporary assistance programs. Keep in mind that they are not only rating you on your answers but on your dress. Come dressed in Business Professional Clothing. Don't wear too much jewelry and make sure that your clothing is not wrinkled.

QIDP Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at State of Utah in August 2013.

Interview

2 rounds of face to face interviews. 3 people were interviewing with standard questions. Questions were offered for 15 minutes beforehand for review. Interviewers took turns asking questions and taking notes. No follow up questions were asked. Most of what was said by the interviewers was standard and felt uniform to what would have been shared with all applicants.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience supervising and dealing with people with disabilities?   Answer Question

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at State of Utah in March 2013.

Interview

Interview process was normal. Nothing special.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for the State of Utah. I really don't but due to the current economic "scene" I am forced to find somewhere that I can find stability and pay my bills. A sad commentary on our national "Lords" (leaders).   Answer Question

Found other work

Employment Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Taylorsville, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at State of Utah (Taylorsville, UT).

Interview

State skills match resume was competed... An application was completed and a personal resume was requested. Interview was a panel interview and they were pretty tough. The gave me 3 questions to prepare for for 15 min. and then I went in where the questions were asked. "Give me a situation where you feel you provided great customer service?

Interview Questions

• It was so long ago.... All questions were difficult customer service questions. Internal as well as external customer service questions were given to see what would take priority if several people needed service at the same time.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not able to negotiate. It was an entry level position with no experience, but education was a big factor.