State of Wisconsin Department of Corrections

Updated Aug 12, 2015

3.4

Interviews for Top Jobs at State of Wisconsin Department of Corrections

Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at State of Wisconsin Department of Corrections.

Interview

Panel interview that asks situational questions. You will also take a multiple choice exam. You must score at least 70%. You must hit benchmarks. The interview is average it's not extremely difficult. You will be asked about six questions

Interview Questions

• What would you do if two inmates started to fight?   1 Answer

Probation/Parole Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at State of Wisconsin Department of Corrections (Milwaukee, WI) in February 2015.

Interview

Panel Style interview with 3-4 members. One will be the position supervisor the others will be PO's from the district. They ask 3-4 open ended questions. You have 20 minutes to answer the prepared questions. You can't really ask in depth questions about the position during the first interview. There are generally 2 interviews and they are usually short notice.

Interview Questions

• 1. Describe a time you and a supervisor did not see eye to eye. 2. What does Diversity mean to you? 3. Describe a problem you faced in the office and what you did to resolve it.   Answer Question

Correctional Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at State of Wisconsin Department of Corrections (Milwaukee, WI) in February 2015.

Interview

Did written test, panel interview, agility test all in same day. If all passed then weeks later offered position mine was based on passing medical exam in Oshkosh. Received official offer for training 4 weeks after exam. Was offered location less than 5 miles away from home.

Interview Questions

• Tell us of a time when you were forced to make a split second decision? What was the end result of that decision?   Answer Question

Institute Registrar Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oshkosh, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at State of Wisconsin Department of Corrections (Oshkosh, WI) in September 2014.

Interview

Before the interview, I was given 4 "computations" to complete in 20 minutes. Basically, 4 math word problems to prove competence in calculating sentence length. Once that was complete, I went into a conference room with a panel of 3 people. There were 4 questions. First Explain previous leadership experience. how would you handle a situation involving your direct supervisor being on vacation. Second, How would you handle office conflict? Third, describe a previous conflict you experienced in the past. Last, how would you handle a situation involving your direct supervisor being on vacation.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation involving your direct supervisor being on vacation.   Answer Question
    • Describe a previous conflict you experienced in the past   Answer Question

CFS Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at State of Wisconsin Department of Corrections (Milwaukee, WI).

Interview

3 references and resume. 3 person panel

Correctional Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oshkosh, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at State of Wisconsin Department of Corrections (Oshkosh, WI) in July 2012.

Interview

The hiring process was very smooth although much longer than most jobs. If your application is accepted you will take a written test and upon successful completion will have a panel interview after. Interview is a mix of normal interview questions and scenario based questions. If you pass and get a job offer you will get to pick your location as long as the institution has vacancies. Overall the hiring process was very efficient and for good reason, as there are normally hundreds of applicants at any given time.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Non-negotiable

Industry Superintendent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at State of Wisconsin Department of Corrections (Madison, WI) in November 2009.

Interview

Initial screening is a 4-6 question paper outlining prior experience and qualifications. Once this is passed, you are entered into the pool of candidates for interview, if scored high enough to make the cut off. Have a face to face panel interview with 3-4 management members. The interview consists of a prepared list of 6-8 questions which you receive 15 minutes prior to the interview to compose an answer outline. The questions are asked in rotation by the panel, you respond as completely as possible from your notes and they make notations for further review after the interview. Receive a period to ask questions of your own and to expand on your background and qualifications or amend any answer you feel was incomplete.

Interview Questions

• What was a difficult ethical situation you have experienced in your professional career; how did you resolve it; how did your resolution impact the company.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at State of Wisconsin Department of Corrections (Madison, WI) in January 2007.

Interview

Fairly easy and straightforward, interviewed in front of three management

Interview Questions

• What is your number one weakness and what did you do to improve on this?   1 Answer