State of Wisconsin

Relevance Date Difficulty

Financial Specialist - V Interview

Financial Specialist - V
Madison, WI

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at State of Wisconsin.

Interview Details – Applied online through the state of Wisconsin's job center website. Had to complete an exam with three questions centered around my experience and skills that made me a good fit for the position. There was a three person panel that conducted my interview consisting of the director, the lead accountant, and a representative from the HR department. The interview itself was very short (only about 45 minutes). They offerred me the position a week after the interview.

Interview Question – The questions mostly came from my resume as well as some of the more common behavioral questions: describe a time you had to work in a team that was dysfunctional, how do you see your career path unfolding,   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation because the wage rates are set by the legislature.

Employment & Training Specialist Interview

Employment & Training Specialist

Interviewed at State of Wisconsin

Interview Details – 3 questions for 30 minutes

Office Associate Interview

Office Associate
Madison, WI

I applied online - interviewed at State of Wisconsin in March 2009.

Interview Details – It's a panel interview with 3 other people. Structured questions. Got a call for a second interview about 2 weeks later, then got offered the job. The civil service process takes lots of patience, but worth it if you get the job.

Interview Question – None really, just general, what would you do in this situation type questions.   Answer Question

Benefits Specialist Interview

Benefits Specialist
Eau Claire, WI

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at State of Wisconsin in February 2008.

Interview Details – Online application, test and personal interview. Got a call after applying and taking the written multiple choice test. Interviewed with two supervisors and an employee. Asked about why I wanted the job, what I could contribute, how I would deal with a difficult or upset person and if I liked working alone or in a group.

Interview Question – What is your weakness.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Civil Engineer Interview

Civil Engineer
Madison, WI

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at State of Wisconsin in April 2011.

Interview Details – Good interview process. No surprises, got to the issues that are critical for the job.

Manager Interview

Manager
Milwaukee, WI

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at State of Wisconsin in November 2009.

Interview Details – Found open position on the Wisconsin Jobs website. Took Civil Service Examine, Received Telephone interview. Was brought in for a Panel interview. Second interview with The Director and his immediate Staff. Gave authorization to have my criminal background checked. Received an offer.

Interview Questions

• The current state of our inventory dollars are to high. How would you address, what plan could you put into place to reduce the inventory holdings without effecting the ability to service our customers.   View Answer
  • All of our customers are demanding, two such customers need something right away, how can you satisfy both when you have limited resources.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – State Salary range is Public Information. Was able to be hired above mid point based upon my previous experience. Depending upon the applicants immediate need be realistic of conditions. Bad economic time, length of time out of work, and the existence of new competition entering the job market daily.

Financial Investigator Interview

Financial Investigator
Madison, WI

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at State of Wisconsin in May 2010.

Interview Details – The State of Wisconsin is now using an outside vendor to administer filtering tests to identify qualified candidates. Only by passing this test may you be considered for an interview. All interviews are panel interviews with a minimum of three ranking personnel. Having applied and interviewed for several State of Wisconsin positions, I have found that none of the panels have reviewed my resume prior to the interview. Each interview consisted of the panel taking turns reading prepared questions to the candidate. Several divisions clearly demonstrate an atmosphere of defeatism and fear of the ranking director. Appearances were of extreme importance.

Interview Question – Unexpected question: How would you deal with an irate bank president who is blocking access to information or disagrees with your findings.   Answer Question

Regional Manager Interview

Regional Manager

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at State of Wisconsin.

Interview Details – From submitting your resume to getting hired can take several months so you need to be patient while going through the process. You will be interviewed by a panel and you should be prepared to demonstrate your knowledge and skills by giving concrete and detailed answers to the interview questions. They want to know that you have critical thunking skills and can make difficult decisions when required.

Interview Question – Don't remember any more.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not alot of room to negotiate. Was able to get several thousand dollars more in salary than they originally offered.

Worked for State of Wisconsin? Contribute to the Community!