Stater Bros.

Getting the Interview

14 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Palmdale, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Stater Bros. in August 2011.

Interview Details – Write the application perfectly with correct dates from your schools and previous work experience. They will hire you if you do the application correctly and neatly and if you have a smile on your face.

Interview Question – No difficult or unexpected questions. Straightforward.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They call you asking for a 2nd interview (you got the job). The 2nd interview is the drug test & orientation. When you pass the drug test the job is officially yours.

Placentia, CA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Stater Bros. in November 2013.

Interview Details – Waited with about 14 others in the employee lounge on the day and time the sign they posted on the door. Filled out and application and the manager went over the application with me. He asked how I found out about this job and said he'd try to fit me in. Went in the next day with a thank you note and gave it to him since there was no email to send anything to.

Interview Question – No difficult or unexpected questions   Answer Question

Ontario, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Stater Bros. in December 2013.

Interview Details – Heard about a hiring and was told to line up around 6am the next morning. They passed out applications around 8 and started interviews at 8:30. The manager doesn't really ask you questions, they just review your application and ask you about your hours etc. Received a call 3 days later and was told to bring my SS card and ID to the store then go to a "final interview" at the Stater Bros Headquarters where me and other new hires sat in a classroom-like room and watched a couple videos and went over the employee book followed by a saliva drug test.

Interview Question – Out of the 4 qualities you listed, which would be your strongest?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiating

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

General Merchandise Clerk Interview

General Merchandise Clerk

Interviewed at Stater Bros.

Interview Details – Quick interview. Manager or assistant goes over your application with you. Asks basic questions or anything related to your application. Verifies available work hours, pay requirements (if applicable), why you want to work for Stater Bros., etc.

Interview Question – None that I can think of. Extremely easy-going interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation necessary as I applied as a courtesy clerk.

Meat Clerk Interview

Meat Clerk

Interviewed at Stater Bros.

Interview Details – they have posting in front of the store behind main entrance glass and display interview dates to hire new people. its typical, dress formally and your answered simple questions and scenario questions by the employers. If they like you the second step they send you to little corporate office to do drug screening, background check and i believe another small interview (dont remember). Overall good experience , not bad.

Interview Question – I had no experience in customer service at the time so when they threw scenarios at me, i knew little to say about what to do in a situation. though the questions were common sense being asked at the moment.   Answer Question

Clerk Interview

Clerk

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Stater Bros..

Interview Details – Show up on day of Interview and fill out the application and have an interview on the spot. Show up in professional attire looking neat and groomed. Staters requires a professional look all potential employes must keep a clean cut appearance and if they are not willing to coverup tattoos or take out earrings they wont hire you.

Interview Question – Questions are easy and straight forward.   Answer Question

Cypress, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Stater Bros..

Interview Details – You have an interview the same day you fill out your application. The interview lasts no longer than 5-10 mins and covers mostly what is on the application like lifting 50 lbs and assisting customers etc. At the end, they thank you and tell you an ETA for an answer.

Interview Question – Can you lift 50 lbs.?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation since it is union

Stater Bro Group Hiring Info Interview

East Hemet, CA

I interviewed at Stater Bros. in July 2012.

Interview Details – Group Hiring Interview

As you know they have a job hiring paper on their window time to time.
Well you show up on that date early as you possibly can because there will be some competition. when the time comes and everybody is lined up, an employee will hand out applications. Now then there are now two different courses of action the Employers will take. The most common will be Everybody stays in line and you fill out your App and then you wait for your turn for your interview, or the employee will ask everyone to disperse and you line up when you are finished filling out your App.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in five years?   View Answer

Clerk Interview

Clerk
Winchester, CA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Stater Bros. in April 2008.

Interview Details – I had to check their front door to see if they were hiring because that was the only place they would post, not online or even other workers knew when they were hiring. But my interview was great! I simply answered all questions to the best of my knowledge and showed my interest in the job. I also made sure to wear appropriate clothing, shook hands with intereviewer, smiled and made plenty of eye contact to show my confidence. Then the second interview was only for the drug screen and of course everthing went great.

Interview Question – Have you ever had experience in customer service before?   View Answer

Janitor Interview

Westminster, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Stater Bros. in January 2008.

Interview Details – I described history, as well as demonstrated skills while in a lesser position. Impressive actions/relations with coworkers to show that I will interact with coworkers to keep building safe and clean. The best way to get promotions, is to "show" your ability. Keep quite[don't talk too much] stay focused, and sjust do your work...with added abilities show, with every chance.

Interview Questions

• If you were asked to, would you break Union rules if directed to do so by Management?   View Answer
  • Why do you want this job?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The figures were bound by Union specifications, but because of experience, starting wage was raised.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Stater Bros.? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Stater Bros. interview questions and advice. All 14 interview reviews posted anonymously by Stater Bros. employees and interview candidates.