Stater Bros. Interview Questions

Updated Apr 10, 2015

1.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carlsbad, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Stater Bros. (Carlsbad, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied personally at Stater Bros. Carlsbad, CA. after saw a 'Hiring Now' poster at their cashier. I did a little research the night before about what kind of positions they typically hired through walk in interview and quickly found out that part-time clerical positions are what available .On the day of the interview, I came 30 minutes early (they started at 08.00 to 10.00 AM), showed up in professional attire and prepared 2 copies of resume. At 08.00, the Store Manager introduced himself, distributed employment forms and asked us to fill in and submit the form during interview session, and told us that the opening was only for 14-15 Courtesy Clerk positions . The manager was very nice, warm, to the point and was very clear in his tone of voice. Quick tips : I learned that doing a little research about the company and the job position were really helpful. I can prepared answers for questions they might asked, positioned myself better in owning the job descriptions and highlights my relevant experiences in customer service areas.

Interview Questions

• Why do you apply here ? What is your best feature / strong points ?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Stater Bros..

Interview

they are all basic

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ontario, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Stater Bros. (Ontario, CA) in December 2013.

Interview

Heard about a hiring and was told to line up around 6am the next morning. They passed out applications around 8 and started interviews at 8:30. The manager doesn't really ask you questions, they just review your application and ask you about your hours etc. Received a call 3 days later and was told to bring my SS card and ID to the store then go to a "final interview" at the Stater Bros Headquarters where me and other new hires sat in a classroom-like room and watched a couple videos and went over the employee book followed by a saliva drug test.

Interview Questions

• Out of the 4 qualities you listed, which would be your strongest?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiating

Anonymous Employee in Placentia, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Stater Bros. (Placentia, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

Waited with about 14 others in the employee lounge on the day and time the sign they posted on the door. Filled out and application and the manager went over the application with me. He asked how I found out about this job and said he'd try to fit me in. Went in the next day with a thank you note and gave it to him since there was no email to send anything to.

General Merchandise Clerk Interview

Interview

Quick interview. Manager or assistant goes over your application with you. Asks basic questions or anything related to your application. Verifies available work hours, pay requirements (if applicable), why you want to work for Stater Bros., etc.

Interview Questions

• None that I can think of. Extremely easy-going interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation necessary as I applied as a courtesy clerk.

Meat Clerk Interview

Interview

they have posting in front of the store behind main entrance glass and display interview dates to hire new people. its typical, dress formally and your answered simple questions and scenario questions by the employers. If they like you the second step they send you to little corporate office to do drug screening, background check and i believe another small interview (dont remember). Overall good experience , not bad.

Interview Questions

• I had no experience in customer service at the time so when they threw scenarios at me, i knew little to say about what to do in a situation. though the questions were common sense being asked at the moment.   Answer Question

Clerk Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Stater Bros..

Interview

Show up on day of Interview and fill out the application and have an interview on the spot. Show up in professional attire looking neat and groomed. Staters requires a professional look all potential employes must keep a clean cut appearance and if they are not willing to coverup tattoos or take out earrings they wont hire you.

Courtesy Clerk Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Stater Bros. in September 2013.

Interview

Their was a sign posted on window of the hours and day they were excepting applications. I arrived that day, waited in a long line, filled out the application that they handed out and got interviewed by two managers. I brought my resume , even though you didn't need to. The interview lasted no longer than 5 minutes.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Started at $8.25 which rose to $9.00 and got promoted in 6 months and made $9.40 ($10.00 on Sunday's).

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cypress, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Stater Bros. (Cypress, CA).

Interview

You have an interview the same day you fill out your application. The interview lasts no longer than 5-10 mins and covers mostly what is on the application like lifting 50 lbs and assisting customers etc. At the end, they thank you and tell you an ETA for an answer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation since it is union

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntington Beach, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Stater Bros. (Huntington Beach, CA) in September 2012.

Interview

Walked in fill out application, wait in long line to go to interview with store manager. One on one interview or possible with two managers. look good. Simple Questions. No experience at all but I answered everything based on common sense,