Stater Bros.

Updated Oct 17, 2014
Updated Oct 17, 2014

1.5

Cashier Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Stater Bros..

they are all basic

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ontario, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ontario, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Stater Bros. in December 2013.

Heard about a hiring and was told to line up around 6am the next morning. They passed out applications around 8 and started interviews at 8:30. The manager doesn't really ask you questions, they just review your application and ask you about your hours etc. Received a call 3 days later and was told to bring my SS card and ID to the store then go to a "final interview" at the Stater Bros Headquarters where me and other new hires sat in a classroom-like room and watched a couple videos and went over the employee book followed by a saliva drug test.

Interview Questions
    • Out of the 4 qualities you listed, which would be your strongest?   Answer Question
    No negotiating

Anonymous Employee in Placentia, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Placentia, CA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Stater Bros. in November 2013.

Waited with about 14 others in the employee lounge on the day and time the sign they posted on the door. Filled out and application and the manager went over the application with me. He asked how I found out about this job and said he'd try to fit me in. Went in the next day with a thank you note and gave it to him since there was no email to send anything to.

General Merchandise Clerk Interview

Quick interview. Manager or assistant goes over your application with you. Asks basic questions or anything related to your application. Verifies available work hours, pay requirements (if applicable), why you want to work for Stater Bros., etc.

Interview Questions
    • None that I can think of. Extremely easy-going interview.   Answer Question
    No negotiation necessary as I applied as a courtesy clerk.

Meat Clerk Interview

they have posting in front of the store behind main entrance glass and display interview dates to hire new people. its typical, dress formally and your answered simple questions and scenario questions by the employers. If they like you the second step they send you to little corporate office to do drug screening, background check and i believe another small interview (dont remember). Overall good experience , not bad.

Interview Questions
    • I had no experience in customer service at the time so when they threw scenarios at me, i knew little to say about what to do in a situation. though the questions were common sense being asked at the moment.   Answer Question

Clerk Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Stater Bros..

Show up on day of Interview and fill out the application and have an interview on the spot. Show up in professional attire looking neat and groomed. Staters requires a professional look all potential employes must keep a clean cut appearance and if they are not willing to coverup tattoos or take out earrings they wont hire you.

Courtesy Clerk Interview

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Stater Bros. in September 2013.

Their was a sign posted on window of the hours and day they were excepting applications. I arrived that day, waited in a long line, filled out the application that they handed out and got interviewed by two managers. I brought my resume , even though you didn't need to. The interview lasted no longer than 5 minutes.

Interview Questions
    Started at $8.25 which rose to $9.00 and got promoted in 6 months and made $9.40 ($10.00 on Sunday's).

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cypress, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cypress, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Stater Bros..

You have an interview the same day you fill out your application. The interview lasts no longer than 5-10 mins and covers mostly what is on the application like lifting 50 lbs and assisting customers etc. At the end, they thank you and tell you an ETA for an answer.

Interview Questions
    no negotiation since it is union

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntington Beach, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntington Beach, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Stater Bros. in September 2012.

Walked in fill out application, wait in long line to go to interview with store manager. One on one interview or possible with two managers. look good. Simple Questions. No experience at all but I answered everything based on common sense,

Stater Bro Group Hiring Info Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Hemet, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Hemet, CA

interviewed at Stater Bros. in July 2012.

Group Hiring Interview

As you know they have a job hiring paper on their window time to time.
    Well you show up on that date early as you possibly can because there will be some competition. when the time comes and everybody is lined up, an employee will hand out applications. Now then there are now two different courses of action the Employers will take. The most common will be Everybody stays in line and you fill out your App and then you wait for your turn for your interview, or the employee will ask everyone to disperse and you line up when you are finished filling out your App.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in five years?   View Answer