Stater Bros. Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Jul 27, 2014
18 interviews

1.5

Courtesy Clerk Interview

I interviewed in-person - interviewed at Stater Bros. in November 2010.

Look for the postings at your local store. Show up early and in business attire. Make sure you are not a drug user or have drank (Staters is VERY clear on No Drug/Alcohol). You will be waiting in line and filling out your application so bring clipboard and pen. Will be interviewed by one or more Keycarrier/Managers. If you pass the interview, then you will called in for training, where you will be given a drug test and learn more about company. You have to show up in business attire or white shirt and black pants. If you pass this then you will be called into a four hour training shift, from there you will learn your job. Then you will do full shifts from there.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions, just use common sense. They do ask where you see yourself in 5 or 10 years.   View Answer
    There is no negotiation, its a union pay scale and they will explain it to you.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Bernardino, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Bernardino, CA

I interviewed through other source. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Stater Bros. in January 2010.

Straight forward two step interview. Interviewed with manager then called back to interview with same manager and another manager. Approximately one hour interviews each time. Interviewer described the company, the requirements for the position and asked questions. Applicant has opportunity to ask questions. Very straight forward, nothing out of the ordinary.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you want to be in five years. Trick question.   Answer Question
    Negotiated salary and benefits at time of offer.

Cashier Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Stater Bros..

they are all basic

General Merchandise Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Yorba Linda, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Yorba Linda, CA

I interviewed in-person. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Stater Bros. in August 2010.

The interview was a group interview with about five other people, we filled out an application in the back and then the manager reviewed them, he only asked us about what was on the application nothing more, we were aloud to ask questions at the end. I got a call at the end of the week and went right on to training the next week,

Interview Questions
    • He just reviewed the application so just be sure not to lie.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Palmdale, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palmdale, CA

I interviewed in-person. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Stater Bros. in August 2011.

Write the application perfectly with correct dates from your schools and previous work experience. They will hire you if you do the application correctly and neatly and if you have a smile on your face.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult or unexpected questions. Straightforward.   Answer Question
    They call you asking for a 2nd interview (you got the job). The 2nd interview is the drug test & orientation. When you pass the drug test the job is officially yours.

Anonymous Employee  in  Placentia, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Placentia, CA

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Stater Bros. in November 2013.

Waited with about 14 others in the employee lounge on the day and time the sign they posted on the door. Filled out and application and the manager went over the application with me. He asked how I found out about this job and said he'd try to fit me in. Went in the next day with a thank you note and gave it to him since there was no email to send anything to.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Ontario, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ontario, CA

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Stater Bros. in December 2013.

Heard about a hiring and was told to line up around 6am the next morning. They passed out applications around 8 and started interviews at 8:30. The manager doesn't really ask you questions, they just review your application and ask you about your hours etc. Received a call 3 days later and was told to bring my SS card and ID to the store then go to a "final interview" at the Stater Bros Headquarters where me and other new hires sat in a classroom-like room and watched a couple videos and went over the employee book followed by a saliva drug test.

Interview Questions
    • Out of the 4 qualities you listed, which would be your strongest?   Answer Question
    No negotiating

General Merchandise Clerk Interview

Quick interview. Manager or assistant goes over your application with you. Asks basic questions or anything related to your application. Verifies available work hours, pay requirements (if applicable), why you want to work for Stater Bros., etc.

Interview Questions
    • None that I can think of. Extremely easy-going interview.   Answer Question
    No negotiation necessary as I applied as a courtesy clerk.

Meat Clerk Interview

they have posting in front of the store behind main entrance glass and display interview dates to hire new people. its typical, dress formally and your answered simple questions and scenario questions by the employers. If they like you the second step they send you to little corporate office to do drug screening, background check and i believe another small interview (dont remember). Overall good experience , not bad.

Interview Questions
    • I had no experience in customer service at the time so when they threw scenarios at me, i knew little to say about what to do in a situation. though the questions were common sense being asked at the moment.   Answer Question

Clerk Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Stater Bros..

Show up on day of Interview and fill out the application and have an interview on the spot. Show up in professional attire looking neat and groomed. Staters requires a professional look all potential employes must keep a clean cut appearance and if they are not willing to coverup tattoos or take out earrings they wont hire you.

Interview Questions

Worked for Stater Bros.? Contribute to the Community!