Stater Bros. Interview Questions

Updated Aug 24, 2015

1.6

Anonymous Employee in Placentia, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Stater Bros. (Placentia, CA).

Interview

I needed to show up in person, mine was about noon but they're usually in the morning. Dress professionally, but no need to wear a business suit. It was crowded for mine and others after I was hired, so I advise you to arrive at least 30 minutes early. Highly advised to bring a pen, as I remember being given an application to fill out. The office is upstairs at the Placentia store, they will direct you. After the interview with the store manager, I get called back (it came within the week), and was asked to come in again. The manager gave me some materials, and directed me to the "second interview", which was basically just a drug test, at the district store, in Orange. Once my drug test came back clear, I came in for training a few days later. The whole process from interview to first day of work took about two weeks.

Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Stater Bros. (Carlsbad, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied personally at Stater Bros. Carlsbad, CA. after saw a 'Hiring Now' poster at their cashier. I did a little research the night before about what kind of positions they typically hired through walk in interview and quickly found out that part-time clerical positions are what available .On the day of the interview, I came 30 minutes early (they started at 08.00 to 10.00 AM), showed up in professional attire and prepared 2 copies of resume. At 08.00, the Store Manager introduced himself, distributed employment forms and asked us to fill in and submit the form during interview session, and told us that the opening was only for 14-15 Courtesy Clerk positions . The manager was very nice, warm, to the point and was very clear in his tone of voice. Quick tips : I learned that doing a little research about the company and the job position were really helpful. I can prepared answers for questions they might asked, positioned myself better in owning the job descriptions and highlights my relevant experiences in customer service areas.

Interview Questions

• Why do you apply here ? What is your best feature / strong points ?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Stater Bros. (Riverside, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Sat down with store manager and a key carrier! Looked over application and asked about my previous employment! Ask if i could lift at least 50 lbs., if i would be able to stand for at least 8 a day! It was the quickest interview i have ever had.

Interview Questions

• If i could lift at least 50 lbs., if i could stand for at least 4 hours a day!   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Stater Bros. (Riverside, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

You show up on the assigned day in BUSINESS attire. bring a pen with you because they hand you the application then and there. They take you in groups and you line up and wait to be interviewed. They ask you typical questions like "why do you want to work here?" Or "what if a customer asks you where something is and you don't know where it is? What do you do?". After that, they call you back, you do orientation and a drug test.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Stater Bros.   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stater Bros..

Interview

they are all basic

Anonymous Employee in Ontario, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Stater Bros. (Ontario, CA) in December 2013.

Interview

Heard about a hiring and was told to line up around 6am the next morning. They passed out applications around 8 and started interviews at 8:30. The manager doesn't really ask you questions, they just review your application and ask you about your hours etc. Received a call 3 days later and was told to bring my SS card and ID to the store then go to a "final interview" at the Stater Bros Headquarters where me and other new hires sat in a classroom-like room and watched a couple videos and went over the employee book followed by a saliva drug test.

Interview Questions

• Out of the 4 qualities you listed, which would be your strongest?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiating

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Placentia, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Stater Bros. (Placentia, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

Waited with about 14 others in the employee lounge on the day and time the sign they posted on the door. Filled out and application and the manager went over the application with me. He asked how I found out about this job and said he'd try to fit me in. Went in the next day with a thank you note and gave it to him since there was no email to send anything to.

Interview Questions

Interview

Quick interview. Manager or assistant goes over your application with you. Asks basic questions or anything related to your application. Verifies available work hours, pay requirements (if applicable), why you want to work for Stater Bros., etc.

Interview Questions

• None that I can think of. Extremely easy-going interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation necessary as I applied as a courtesy clerk.

Meat Clerk Interview

Interview

they have posting in front of the store behind main entrance glass and display interview dates to hire new people. its typical, dress formally and your answered simple questions and scenario questions by the employers. If they like you the second step they send you to little corporate office to do drug screening, background check and i believe another small interview (dont remember). Overall good experience , not bad.

Interview Questions

• I had no experience in customer service at the time so when they threw scenarios at me, i knew little to say about what to do in a situation. though the questions were common sense being asked at the moment.   Answer Question

Clerk Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Stater Bros..

Interview

Show up on day of Interview and fill out the application and have an interview on the spot. Show up in professional attire looking neat and groomed. Staters requires a professional look all potential employes must keep a clean cut appearance and if they are not willing to coverup tattoos or take out earrings they wont hire you.