Station Casinos Interview Questions

Updated Sep 2, 2015

2.5

Director of Food and Beverage Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Station Casinos (Las Vegas, NV) in April 2015.

Interview

Received a referral through a career placement company. Good prescreening process over the telephone. Interviewed with the corporate Vice President of food and beverage. Very professional interview overall. The company culture was well presented.

Interview Questions

• Special emphasis on fine dining and the importance of T Bones steakhouse   Answer Question

IT Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Station Casinos in January 2015.

Interview

Long process, interviewed a lot of people. All the people were open and gave a lot of information. Looks like a solid culture. A lot of ongoing projects but all of them are very innovative. Leadership is very involved, and met me during early on interview process

Beverage Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Station Casinos in August 2014.

Interview

At the end of the application, they give you a chance to schedule a screening interview. I went to the first interview and it was really generic. The lady asked very simple questions and recorded my answers on the computer, hardly looking away from the screen at all. She mentioned she would forward app to department manager. Two days later, I got the call for a second interview. There I was interviewed by two department managers, who said they would be interviewing others and will be in touch. Two days later another dept. manager called saying the other managers really liked my personality and want me to meet with the board of directors. This time, it was somewhat like a group interview with about 10 other girls. After my interview with dept head, he said he wants me to come in tomorrow for background check. A week later, i got the call I passed and to come in for processing.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Reservations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Station Casinos (Las Vegas, NV) in May 2014.

Interview

They've changed it since I've started so not sure what the process is now. Mine was very quick, interviewed and hired same day. One on one interview with department director. Very quick, simple interview. probably because i have years of experience

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Station Casinos.   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Hotel Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Station Casinos (Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

The same 7 questions are asked of every person coming into the Stations team. They are very general ie "Name 3 characteristics you think you need to succeed here." Another is "Name 3 goals you would have in your position." They will read the questions from a sheet of paper and write down your answers. Don't be intimidated, I don't think a single interviewer actually cares what your answer is.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question you will have to answer is the goals you would have on the job... how would you know? You don't know the company or the job well enough to make suggestions about improvement for that department. Your best bet is to answer with goals for yourself and gear it toward excellent customer service.   Answer Question

Network Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Station Casinos in December 2013.

Interview

Started with a Phone Interview then multiple interviews with Managers, Directors. The process took weeks, and was erratic in the scheduling and callbacks for additional steps. They need to streamline the process before candidates get discouraged or find another job.

Concierge/Red Rock Casino Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Station Casinos (Las Vegas, NV) in November 2013.

Interview

Applied online and was called in for an interview. It was not a standard interview, but a 5 minute screening. The HR secretary sat down with you and she checks to see if you filled out the application properly and if you did, then she could move onto to the three questions. This by far has been the strangest interview. I would not call it an interview at all. I felt like I was only called in so they could see what I looked like. My experience and education did not seem to matter. Screen was not professionally dressed and that surprised me.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? What is your favorite part of your current job? How you interact with other employees?   Answer Question

Barista Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Henderson, NV

Application

I interviewed at Station Casinos (Henderson, NV) in October 2013.

Interview

The application process was very long online but very thorough. Had to make a date for the actual interview one month away. I had the interview and it went very smoothly and quickly. I was told I would either receive a phone call from the hiring manager or an email stating the position had been filled. I received the email THREE months later.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question was having to provide any and all work experience including any time unemployed and why, for the past ten years.   Answer Question

Line Cook Interview

Anonymous Employee in Henderson, NV

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Station Casinos (Henderson, NV) in August 2013.

Interview

Went into the Employement office on site at the casino, they forwarded the resume and application to the sous chef then called me for an interview,then went in and talked to the sous chef in charge of the Buffet line.

Interview Questions

• Safety zone for food to be served   1 Answer

Beverage Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Station Casinos (Las Vegas, NV) in July 2013.

Interview

First this lady came to me with a giant smile. Well everything was so nice. She started asking me for previous employers. The experice i had. If i had all the cards i needed. It was a really easy interview. But it was akward how she never removed that super fake smile. Well everything was fine untill she started those questions about animals and stuff. And she transformed the interview into her interview. She started talking about her for about an hour.

Interview Questions

• If you could be an animal which one would it be and why?   1 Answer
    • Why do you think communication is so important?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They never told me how much i was gonna get paid untill my first day.