Station Casinos Interview Questions

Updated Jan 13, 2015
Updated Jan 13, 2015

2.3

Beverage Server Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Station Casinos in August 2014.

At the end of the application, they give you a chance to schedule a screening interview. I went to the first interview and it was really generic. The lady asked very simple questions and recorded my answers on the computer, hardly looking away from the screen at all. She mentioned she would forward app to department manager. Two days later, I got the call for a second interview. There I was interviewed by two department managers, who said they would be interviewing others and will be in touch. Two days later another dept. manager called saying the other managers really liked my personality and want me to meet with the board of directors. This time, it was somewhat like a group interview with about 10 other girls. After my interview with dept head, he said he wants me to come in tomorrow for background check. A week later, i got the call I passed and to come in for processing.

No negotiation.

Assistant Manager Hotel Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Station Casinos.

The same 7 questions are asked of every person coming into the Stations team. They are very general ie "Name 3 characteristics you think you need to succeed here." Another is "Name 3 goals you would have in your position." They will read the questions from a sheet of paper and write down your answers. Don't be intimidated, I don't think a single interviewer actually cares what your answer is.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question you will have to answer is the goals you would have on the job... how would you know? You don't know the company or the job well enough to make suggestions about improvement for that department. Your best bet is to answer with goals for yourself and gear it toward excellent customer service.   Answer Question

Network Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Station Casinos in December 2013.

Started with a Phone Interview then multiple interviews with Managers, Directors. The process took weeks, and was erratic in the scheduling and callbacks for additional steps. They need to streamline the process before candidates get discouraged or find another job.

Concierge/Red Rock Casino Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV
    Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Station Casinos in November 2013.

Applied online and was called in for an interview. It was not a standard interview, but a 5 minute screening. The HR secretary sat down with you and she checks to see if you filled out the application properly and if you did, then she could move onto to the three questions.

This by far has been the strangest interview. I would not call it an interview at all. I felt like I was only called in so they could see what I looked like. My experience and education did not seem to matter.

Screen was not professionally dressed and that surprised me.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work here? What is your favorite part of your current job? How you interact with other employees?   Answer Question

Barista Interview

Anonymous Employee in Henderson, NV

interviewed at Station Casinos in October 2013.

The application process was very long online but very thorough. Had to make a date for the actual interview one month away. I had the interview and it went very smoothly and quickly. I was told I would either receive a phone call from the hiring manager or an email stating the position had been filled. I received the email THREE months later.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was having to provide any and all work experience including any time unemployed and why, for the past ten years.   Answer Question

Beverage Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied in-person – interviewed at Station Casinos in July 2013.

First this lady came to me with a giant smile. Well everything was so nice. She started asking me for previous employers. The experice i had. If i had all the cards i needed. It was a really easy interview. But it was akward how she never removed that super fake smile.

Well everything was fine untill she started those questions about animals and stuff.
    And she transformed the interview into her interview. She started talking about her for about an hour.

Interview Questions
    • If you could be an animal which one would it be and why?   View Answer
    • Why do you think communication is so important?   View Answer
    They never told me how much i was gonna get paid untill my first day.

Food and Beverage Server Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Station Casinos.

Apply online.
    Initial interview to have you in the system, remains current for 6 months or a year I believe.
    Second interview is arranged by the manager of the department you apply for. There is no option to follow up on your app after the first interview.It is completely up to the discretion of said manager.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you had to use teamwork? All those cheesy questions. Nothing new here   Answer Question

Front Desk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Henderson, NV

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Station Casinos in May 2012.

I filled out a online application which prompted me to call for an interview time; I interviewed at Green Valley Hotel and Casino. The person that greeted me was busy and barely looked up to acknowledge me, she kept speaking to another employee in the office about whatever she was doing. The woman that called me back to interview seemed irritated, as she asked me questions she would nod with me but kept a half smile (almost smirk) on her face. I began to feel uncomfortable, as though I was interrupting and felt she really wasn't listening to my responses. I was in the office for 10 short minutes. I never got a follow up from the front desk manager.

Interview Questions
    • the most unexpected thing about the interview was that there were no probing questions, every she asked me she could read on my application or resume.   Answer Question

Casino Marketing Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Station Casinos in June 2011.

Hiring process was ok

ok

Gust Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Station Casinos in June 2011.

I went to Two individual interviews- the first was with a Hiring coordinator for a screening, the second was with my departments manager.
    The screening interview was very basic, questions about career goals and previous experience. show some character here, getting them to like you will increase your chances.
    The second interview with the department manager was a lot more specific. They will ask what you think your responsibilities will be and why you want the job (the worst thing you can say here is because I need money, i use the 'i'm looking for steady work that i can be proud doing' line). They will also ask you even more specific questions related to the job you are looking at (kind of like a quiz, for tech related jobs they could ask you to decipher binary hand sign or for Reps what to do with an irate guest [always say guest, never 'customer']).

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if someone claimed they handed you a larger bill than what you gave them change for?   View Answer
    Wasn't really any negotiation. This is an entry level job. They did ask if I had any conditions that would require assistance or scheduling conflicts(school/other jobs).