Statistics Canada Interview Questions

Updated Nov 6, 2014
Updated Nov 6, 2014

2.6

Field Interviewer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Statistics Canada in November 2014.

About a week after doing the written test, I was contacted by phone and asked to schedule a phone interview the following week. The phone interview was with two people who took turns asking questions. The interview lasted about 40 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example from your work experience where you had to follow instructions and successfully completed a task. Provide name and contact info to verify this.   Answer Question

Programmer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Statistics Canada in March 2014.

3 Interviewers, one hour interview and one hour written test. They gave me a list of questions and 1/2 hour to prepare for it and after that. They asked questions and also asked me to present answers with examples of my former working or programming experience. Actually, we spent one and half hour to finish the interview. Finally, I was asked to do a written test. Questions in the written test is quiet straightforward and easy. like programming skills like OO programming and database like sql.

Interview Questions
    • Just basic questions on programming like OO programming and database like sql.   Answer Question

Field Interviewer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Statistics Canada in January 2014.

Applied online. Got a call within a week
    Written exam about a month after call-back.
    Face-to-face interview.
    Be prepared for a background criminal check.

Hiring process was a bit long, but very smooth. HR was very nice and very helpful.

Interview Questions
    • How would you explain what StatsCan is to someone?   View Answer

Junior Financial Analyst Co-op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Statistics Canada in June 2013.

Went through co-op, got interview, met on campus.

Interview Questions
    • Asked about amortization of a newly purchased asset, where it goes : ie: balance sheet less amortization, amortization expense on income sheet and retained earnings on balance sheet go down   Answer Question

Too many other options

Data Dissemination Officer Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Statistics Canada.

Initial communications were via fax and interview was via phone

N/A

FOS Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kelowna, BC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kelowna, BC (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Statistics Canada in November 2011.

Geered to individuals already employed by government

None

Field Interviewer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Statistics Canada in June 2011.

The interview was a basic behavioural questions interview about your experiences with conflict, people skills and what you would do in certain situations. Also how comfortable you are working on your own and what you would do if you encountered an unsafe work situation.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle and interview where the person to be interviewed is not comfortable meeting you alone in their home?   Answer Question

Interviewer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Statistics Canada in May 2011.

We went to a group skills tests and get a score after the test most people passed their test. one week later i got a phone interview without warning but it was easy going. I waited for 1 week to get a offer from them.

Field Operation Supervisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Statistics Canada in May 2011.

Tell me the situation where you resolved conflict between co-worker?

CSQU - Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Windsor, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Windsor, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Statistics Canada in May 2011.

After applying online for a position with the Census, I was called in to take a test. Originally, I thought I had applied for an Enumerator position, but I ended up getting interviewed for a call centre position that paid a bit more and had additional hours versus an Enumerator. They checked my test results immediately after I finished and I was given an interview on the spot.

The interview consisted of a number of different situational questions, it was very similar to other federal government interviews I had had in the past.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where you had to overcome adversity.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiating.