Statoil

Relevance Date Difficulty

Information Management and IT Graduate Interview

Information Management and IT Graduate
Stavanger (Norway)

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Statoil in March 2011.

Interview Details – I applied to the company Corporate Graduate Programme online through their website. About three weeks later I received an invitation to take an online english test and a numerical one. I went through telephone interview a few days later and about one week after that I was invited to a full day assessment centre in Norway and asked to complete a personality test beforehand. The assessment centre consisted of several group exercises, an individual presentation a panel interview, an individual interview and a written exercise. The company took care of all the expenses related to my participation to the assessment centre. Since I am not from Norway they paid my flight tickets and accommodation in a good hotel for two nights. Also, delicious food was served during the assessment centre. It was an overall great experience where I got to know a lot of nice and competent people, both among other candidates and employees of the company.

Interview Question – An unexpected part of the assessment centre was a written exercise on an ethical problem.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation since the salary is standard for the corporate graduate programme. Anyway the company offer is very good and includes benefits such as comprehensive relocation assistance and compensation.

Worked for Statoil? Contribute to the Community!