Statoil

Updated Dec 3, 2014
Updated Dec 3, 2014

2.8

Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Statoil in October 2014.

It was a very simple process. I was contacted first through an email. I was contacted for an interview, it was changed to a phone interview due to location logistics. The interview was twenty to thirty minutes long. After the interview, notification was given less than a month later.

Interview Questions
    • What was a time that you displayed leadership in a group setting?   Answer Question

Senior Exeucitve Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Statoil.

I submitted my application and the next week I reeived a call, I went in for my interview and left out with an offer letter. It was amazing!

Interview Questions
    • Interview process is behavioral questions. This company knows what they are looking for when they call you for the intervew.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Statoil.

It was in person at my university. They asked why I wanted to work there and asked about my previous work.

Facilities Engineering Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Statoil in September 2013.

I spoke to them at career fair for about 5 minutes before they asked me to apply online. I was initially rejected but they scheduled me as an "alternate." Upon walking into the room, I was greeted by two Statoil engineers. They do not hire recruiters for this position. Full-time engineers will be asking you behavioral questions. No technical questions were asked.

Interview Questions
    • What do you do when someone in your group is underperforming?
      Why Petroleum Engineering? Is it about the money?

View Answer

Drilling and Well Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

interviewed at Statoil in September 2013.

pre-select, interview-offer

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Statoil in July 2013.

Meet with HR representative, who provided a short <30min presentation of their culture, benefits, etc. One of the things that stood out was their view on career growth. I guess in Norway where the company is based, one has a job for life, so they take a "long" approach. I interpreted this approach is limited career growth. Secondly they work in what's called an open office concept so four cubes in a "pod," are put together.

Senior Researcher Environmental Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Statoil in January 2013.

They contacted me after about a month and scheduled the interview for the following week. They started with a 15 min review on the company which I already knew and the benefits. The job description was a little vague on who they really want for this job. Based on the job description, they need someone to have a broad experience on every aspect on environmental engineering which is impossible. They asked me some questions like "do you have experience on this and that "which it was clear from my resume that I don't.

Interview Questions
    • What motivated you to do that job?
      What is your strength? (But she meant what you can bring to us?)
      How much chemistry or biology do you know?
      Explain your previous research.

View Answer

Facilities Engineering Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Statoil in October 2012.

On campus interview for an internship. Two interviewers both super friendly. It was more of a conversation than formal interview questions. They talked about my resume and got to know me as a person and then went on to ask some questions. Didn't talk about my GPA or classes.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you worked in a group setting   Answer Question

Finance Group Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

The process took a dayinterviewed at Statoil in February 2012.

Got an interview through the Career management center at the university. It was heavy in behavioral questions. They mostly try to asses fit with company and culture. One hour interview with lots of questions

Performance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Statoil in April 2010.

Professional in communications, open discussions regarding position and how I would fit.

Interview Questions
    • Detailed questions on excel abilities, accounting and finance background and how i would address present organizational challenges.   Answer Question