Stax, Inc.

Relevance Date Difficulty

Associate Interview

Associate
Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Stax, Inc. in March 2013.

Interview Details – There is a phone interview with the HR lady, then an in-person interview, first behavioral then case. But if you don't live in Boston or Chicago, you can do it over Skype. Then there's the final round, they bring you in for that. Final round has a behavioral pane, 2 one-on-one panels, a case, and an Excel test. Final round is a phone call with the CEO.

Interview Question – The Excel test.   Answer Question

Contract Research Associate Interview

Contract Research Associate
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Stax, Inc. in March 2013.

Interview Details – I applied to a couple postings for the position several months apart. After my second application, I was contacted a little over a month later by a recruiter who asked if I was still interested. After I confirmed, we scheduled an in-person interview for the next week when she would be in the city.

I arrived in the office and as I was waiting, the recruiter came out and asked if I had a copy of my resume because she couldn't get the copy she had to open on her computer. I was thrown off because I had asked if I needed to bring anything and was told no. She eventually got it to work and we went to a conference room, which consisted of two couches because she didn't have a room reserved for the interview. The envoronment was very off-putting since we were the same age and I felt like we were hanging out rather than interviewing for a serious position. I became quite flustered and admittedly did pretty terrible. I became confused when she asked a question about the findings of one of my positions because she was interested as she was going back to school. This contributed to the "hanging out" atmosphere and it didn't feel right to me. She was extremely friendly, however, and I think it would have gone differently had I had more experience.

The position was 90% cold calling where you would use google/Linkedin to find potential contacts to call and interview. This is very different from other management companies because, from what I have heard, they typical have a list of prescreened clients so that the researcher can get results more quickly. Upon learning that it was mainly cold calling with little to no analysis of the data, I lost interest. The recruited contacted me a week later saying they were pursuing other candidates. I was happy to see that she followed up with me as many companies that I have interviewed with tend to ignore my follow-ups and avoid telling me I didn't get it.

Interview Question – All basic questions. Do your homework on the industry/company.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Consultant
Chicago, IL

The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Stax, Inc. in March 2010.

Interview Details – Both rounds of interviews were over the phone. First round was just talking about the resume and the second round was a case interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your work experience at XYZ consulting.   Answer Question
  • If a fast food chain at a small location wants to open up a new store in a city, how would you go about doing it? (Can't remember the exact details about the numbers)   Answer Question

Worked for Stax, Inc.? Contribute to the Community!