Stax, Inc. Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Jul 2, 2014
14 interviews

2.9

Research Associate () Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter - interviewed at Stax, Inc..

very straight forward, sent resume, got a reply, went for interview with the recruiter. She was friendly and asked about my background and the work I had done before. She explained that the contract based position mainly involves calling people in the field of research and try to interview them and gather iinformation.

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Stax, Inc..

I applied online and was contacted by a recruiter, who scheduled a phone interview. I was then called in for an interview to meet with two consultants. We went over my resume, my experiences with research, and what my future goals were. A few days later, I received a phone call from HR with a job offer.

Interview Questions
    • The consultants will test you on a few of your answers. They'll ask "who would you do that" or " what methods and resources did you use."   Answer Question
    No negotiation on my part.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Stax, Inc. in March 2013.

There is a phone interview with the HR lady, then an in-person interview, first behavioral then case. But if you don't live in Boston or Chicago, you can do it over Skype. Then there's the final round, they bring you in for that. Final round has a behavioral pane, 2 one-on-one panels, a case, and an Excel test. Final round is a phone call with the CEO.

Research Associate (Contract) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I interviewed online - interviewed at Stax, Inc..

Initial communication was very smooth, the recruiter got back to me quickly and was very friendly. The interview process was quick and straightforward, it took less than an hour and they were extremely clear about what I would be doing in my position. I was able to ask a lot of questions and I felt comfortable. The office is in a great location in Boston and the people seem very friendly. I got hired quickly after the interview. The job was very true to its description and I was satisfied with everything.

Interview Questions
    • They don't try to trip you up - straightforward questions about your background and how you think you would do at the job and what skills you'd bring. I was quite comfortable during the interview with both the recruiter and head of HR - they were very friendly.   Answer Question
    There's not really opportunity for negotiation because it's hourly pay that increases with experience.

Associate Consultant Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Stax, Inc..

I applied for the position online and received an e-mail a little less than a week later saying that they wanted to set up a phone interview. The interview was very basic; asked questions about your prior experiences (particularly your experience involving analytical thinking and database use) and why consulting. I thought the interview went extremely well. I was told I'd hear back from them in 10 days at the latest, and never heard a word from them since. I even sent a couple follow up e-mails to the woman who interviewed, but no response. Very unprofessional if you ask me.

Contract Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Stax, Inc. in March 2013.

I applied to a couple postings for the position several months apart. After my second application, I was contacted a little over a month later by a recruiter who asked if I was still interested. After I confirmed, we scheduled an in-person interview for the next week when she would be in the city.

I arrived in the office and as I was waiting, the recruiter came out and asked if I had a copy of my resume because she couldn't get the copy she had to open on her computer. I was thrown off because I had asked if I needed to bring anything and was told no. She eventually got it to work and we went to a conference room, which consisted of two couches because she didn't have a room reserved for the interview. The envoronment was very off-putting since we were the same age and I felt like we were hanging out rather than interviewing for a serious position. I became quite flustered and admittedly did pretty terrible. I became confused when she asked a question about the findings of one of my positions because she was interested as she was going back to school. This contributed to the "hanging out" atmosphere and it didn't feel right to me. She was extremely friendly, however, and I think it would have gone differently had I had more experience.

The position was 90% cold calling where you would use google/Linkedin to find potential contacts to call and interview. This is very different from other management companies because, from what I have heard, they typical have a list of prescreened clients so that the researcher can get results more quickly. Upon learning that it was mainly cold calling with little to no analysis of the data, I lost interest. The recruited contacted me a week later saying they were pursuing other candidates. I was happy to see that she followed up with me as many companies that I have interviewed with tend to ignore my follow-ups and avoid telling me I didn't get it.

Interview Questions
    • All basic questions. Do your homework on the industry/company.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I interviewed online - interviewed at Stax, Inc..

Contacted by HR within a week

Interview Questions
    • nothing surprising. Standard interview questions. Walk me through your resume etc. I was interviewed by a junior HR and then met the HR director   Answer Question
    nothing to negotiate

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Stax, Inc..

Interview process was pretty easy. I was referred to the job, talked with the HR person once and a manager and was brought on for an initial contract. Whether you get called back for subsequent contracts depends on whether they like you and how you perform.

Interview Questions
    • Simple questions about my background and experience in consulting or similar activities.   Answer Question
    The hourly salary ranges for contractors are pretty much set and there isn't much negotiation. You get a higher salary if you have more degrees/experience.

Anonymous Employee  in  Boston, MA
    Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

The process took a day - interviewed at Stax, Inc. in November 2011.

I met with the HR Manager at the Boston office. The interview was mostly describing my experience and the position they were trying to fill. I also met with two Associates who explained to me the responsibilities attached to the different positions within the company and the career steps.

The entire process took nearly 2 hours and was pleasant.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Boston College, MA
    Anonymous Employee in Boston College, MA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Stax, Inc. in December 2011.

The first round was a 1:1 interview at the Stax office in Boston. The second round included an Excel skills test, submitting a 5 page writing sample and a case interview.
    The case was rather short but complex. I was not given any instructions and was simply handed a sheet of paper byt he assistant with a brief summary, and a bunch of power point slides. I was asked to retitle and rearrange the slides as I would for a client presentation. The interview, seemed busy with other work , and stepped in to check if I had any questions.

Unlike most case interviews, there was limited discussion with the interviewer.

Interview Questions

Worked for Stax, Inc.? Contribute to the Community!