Stax, Inc. Interview Questions

Updated Jul 31, 2015

2.9

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Stax, Inc..

Interview

it was a three step process first interview was with HR and then with a manager and a consultant, finally a case presentation with the director. You have to apply online and answer a questionnaire to get through first.

Research Associate (Contract) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Stax, Inc. (Boston, MA) in July 2015.

Interview

The first step was an initial phone interview, very straight forward. The next steps are in person interviews at their office. They make things very comfortable and they get back to you very quickly. I heard back within a couple days at the most. The first in person interview with the director of HR was very similar to the phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Mostly about your experience and your ability to make phone calls. They also ask about the direction you see your career going.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Stax, Inc..

Interview

Took about two weeks. I was referred for the role. The hr person was really nice at the beginning but took two weeks to let me know they were not going to hire me. I guess I should be happy they even told me, right? I didn't like the company when I went in. They let me wait for 10 min at the door without anyone greeting me even thought 5 different people saw me standing. Also, I was never told who I would interview with so they randomly send people in. After the first person left I knew I was not getting the job because they sent in two junior people and one of them kept yawning.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Stax, Inc..

Interview

very straight forward, sent resume, got a reply, went for interview with the recruiter. She was friendly and asked about my background and the work I had done before. She explained that the contract based position mainly involves calling people in the field of research and try to interview them and gather iinformation.

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Stax, Inc. (Boston, MA).

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by a recruiter, who scheduled a phone interview. I was then called in for an interview to meet with two consultants. We went over my resume, my experiences with research, and what my future goals were. A few days later, I received a phone call from HR with a job offer.

Interview Questions

• The consultants will test you on a few of your answers. They'll ask "who would you do that" or " what methods and resources did you use."   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation on my part.

Research Associate (Contract) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stax, Inc. (Boston, MA).

Interview

Initial communication was very smooth, the recruiter got back to me quickly and was very friendly. The interview process was quick and straightforward, it took less than an hour and they were extremely clear about what I would be doing in my position. I was able to ask a lot of questions and I felt comfortable. The office is in a great location in Boston and the people seem very friendly. I got hired quickly after the interview. The job was very true to its description and I was satisfied with everything.

Interview Questions

• They don't try to trip you up - straightforward questions about your background and how you think you would do at the job and what skills you'd bring. I was quite comfortable during the interview with both the recruiter and head of HR - they were very friendly.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There's not really opportunity for negotiation because it's hourly pay that increases with experience.

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Stax, Inc..

Interview

I applied for the position online and received an e-mail a little less than a week later saying that they wanted to set up a phone interview. The interview was very basic; asked questions about your prior experiences (particularly your experience involving analytical thinking and database use) and why consulting. I thought the interview went extremely well. I was told I'd hear back from them in 10 days at the latest, and never heard a word from them since. I even sent a couple follow up e-mails to the woman who interviewed, but no response. Very unprofessional if you ask me.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Stax, Inc. (Chicago, IL) in March 2013.

Interview

There is a phone interview with the HR lady, then an in-person interview, first behavioral then case. But if you don't live in Boston or Chicago, you can do it over Skype. Then there's the final round, they bring you in for that. Final round has a behavioral pane, 2 one-on-one panels, a case, and an Excel test. Final round is a phone call with the CEO.

Contractor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stax, Inc. (Boston, MA).

Interview

Contacted by HR within a week

Interview Questions

• nothing surprising. Standard interview questions. Walk me through your resume etc. I was interviewed by a junior HR and then met the HR director   Answer Question

Negotiation

nothing to negotiate

Contract Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Stax, Inc. (Chicago, IL) in March 2013.

Interview

I applied to a couple postings for the position several months apart. After my second application, I was contacted a little over a month later by a recruiter who asked if I was still interested. After I confirmed, we scheduled an in-person interview for the next week when she would be in the city. I arrived in the office and as I was waiting, the recruiter came out and asked if I had a copy of my resume because she couldn't get the copy she had to open on her computer. I was thrown off because I had asked if I needed to bring anything and was told no. She eventually got it to work and we went to a conference room, which consisted of two couches because she didn't have a room reserved for the interview. The envoronment was very off-putting since we were the same age and I felt like we were hanging out rather than interviewing for a serious position. I became quite flustered and admittedly did pretty terrible. I became confused when she asked a question about the findings of one of my positions because she was interested as she was going back to school. This contributed to the "hanging out" atmosphere and it didn't feel right to me. She was extremely friendly, however, and I think it would have gone differently had I had more experience. The position was 90% cold calling where you would use google/Linkedin to find potential contacts to call and interview. This is very different from other management companies because, from what I have heard, they typical have a list of prescreened clients so that the researcher can get results more quickly. Upon learning that it was mainly cold calling with little to no analysis of the data, I lost interest. The recruited contacted me a week later saying they were pursuing other candidates. I was happy to see that she followed up with me as many companies that I have interviewed with tend to ignore my follow-ups and avoid telling me I didn't get it.

Interview Questions

• All basic questions. Do your homework on the industry/company.   Answer Question