Steak n Shake Interview Questions

Updated Aug 25, 2015

2.0

Restaurant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunrise, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Steak n Shake (Sunrise, FL).

Interview

It started very good, upbeat a lot of information and facts exchanged both ways,at the phone interview and also with the district manager in person. But then the breakdown occurred when there was the 3rd interview by phone with the VP of Operations. Everything came down to a screeching halt.

Interview Questions

• Salary requirements and what do I bring to the company and why should I be hired   Answer Question

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Steak n Shake in July 2015.

Interview

I applied for hostess on Snagajob, and got a call for an interview about a week later. The interview was only 10 minutes long. The guy that interviewed me just asked me if I'm good at multitasking and my availability, then he scheduled me for another interview the next day. I was hired on the spot at my second interview.

Server and Back Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Steak n Shake.

Interview

The guy was really dull never really looked at me seemed very disinterested . I was very dissatisfied. I applied online and their was alot of people but most people came jeans and a tee shirt not me

Interview Questions

• have you ever worked on your feet for a long time and was tried after   Answer Question

Dress Table Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Steak n Shake in June 2015.

Interview

Received a call about two weeks after I applied online. Interviewed first with one of the assistant managers, who was quite open, friendly and honest about the work environment (although he interviewed me for the wrong position!). Thought I would be a great fit and scheduled me for a second interview with the general manager. That interview also went well as we both seemed to connect with interests and common sense values at the workplace. Background check submitted that day, had orientation yesterday, start training today! Despite all the negative reviews I'm reading, I'm looking forward to the experience.

Interview Questions

• What does the golden rule mean to you? Would you be available for second shift instead of third? Please tell me Steak n Shake's mission statement and what it means to you.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation - everyone starts out at minimum until management gets a chance to observe how you work.

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hampton, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Steak n Shake (Hampton, VA) in June 2015.

Interview

It was awesome I had an interview with one of the guy managers and I liked him very much we talked for about 20 to 30 minutes and than I was hired I was so happy

Interview Questions

• Where did you work at previously   1 Answer
    • Do you have open availability?   1 Answer
    • Do you have transportation to work?   1 Answer
    • Do you have any questions for me?   1 Answer

Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lancaster, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Steak n Shake (Lancaster, OH) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview went well. My manager was professional, he told me what he expected from the employee's. I continue to see areas that need attention, however that does take some time to get everyone to work as a team.

Interview Questions

• If I have worked in the food/hospitality business before.   1 Answer

Food Server Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Steak n Shake.

Interview

I walked in, asked for an application and was immediately asked to be "interviewed". It wasn't even an interview. The manager and I sat at a table and talked so he could see if I was competent and personable. I was told there would be a background check and then I would attend training. My store was so disorganized I had to call every day for a few weeks until someone finally submitted my papers and officially got me training. Later, after working there for a year, my manager told me he only hires pretty girls...gross.

Interview Questions

• Why are you applying for a job here? What are you looking for in a workplace?   Answer Question

Production Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Highlands Ranch, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Steak n Shake (Highlands Ranch, CO) in March 2015.

Interview

Show up to the Steak 'n Shake in normal clothes, speak with the manager for several minutes about how willing you are to be dependable and perform job functions. Then show up to do a 40 minute orientation and do some quick quizzes over whatever your job responsibilities will be. Fill out tax forms and then start training for several days. You are guaranteed to get this job.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Quite simple, they offer you a pay rate and it's their way or the highway.

Fountain Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Steak n Shake (Richmond, VA) in March 2015.

Interview

It was pretty much easy. I just be cool , calm. its nothing to get the job. I put in the application at 8:30pm got a call around 12 noon the next day. Interview a day later . job the same day and work the next week . just dress causal,no visible tattoos , n no jeans

Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Benton Harbor, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Steak n Shake (Benton Harbor, MI) in February 2015.

Interview

2 part interview process, phone and in person. I had to explain why i wanted to work there and why i was qualified. I was interviewed for an operational supervispr position but talked them into giving me a management position. Work with them and fight for what you deserve all in all very good interview process.