Steak n Shake

Average Difficulty
5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Lexington-Fayette, KY

I applied in-person and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Steak n Shake in March 2011.

Interview Details – Walk in application... was hired instantly... had orientation few days later... began as a server and worked thru ranks of other lower management until I was offered a full salaried position.

Interview Question – How much do servers make?   View Answer

Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Steak n Shake in March 2011.

Interview Details – Well, interview with DM, HR Manager. 8 week training program

Interviewed at Steak n Shake

Interview Details – I was promoted from within the company. I started as a server then moved up to an Operations Supervisor which is basically an hourly manager. It helps to make good impressions with everyone you come into contact with. Word travels fast and you'll want only good words being said about you.

Interview Question – This does not really apply since I was not interviewed and was promoted from within.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was not much negotiation. As a level 1 manager the salary is pretty standard from what I know.

Manager

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Steak n Shake in January 2012.

Interview Details – I met with the HR Manager, then was passed off to a hiring GM. Then I met with the a District Manager and was offered the job a few days later. I would suggest just being yourself because if you have a pulse you'll get hired!

Interview Question – Describe a situation where you had to make a quick decision.   Answer Question

Manager

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Steak n Shake in March 2011.

Interview Details – I had 2 phone interviews with the HR department. I then had a face to face interview with the District Manager. After the interviews I had a 3 hour job shadow. Finally I got a job offer.

Interview Question – What are your biggest Strengths/weaknesses?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiations

Worked for Steak n Shake? Contribute to the Community!