Steak n Shake

2.2

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Steak n Shake in January 2014.

Face to face interview with District Manager, Phone Interview with Recruiter, 4-hr Job Shadow, Interview with Division President, Drug Test, Background Check. The whole process took 1 week. The background check took a little longer because I liked in a couple of different cities.

Interview Questions
  • Just the standard interview questions from an interview guide. Very laid back interview.   Answer Question
The pay was better than what I expected. They do pay well for experience. He made sure that pay was okay for me so I am sure you could negotiate.

Other Interview Reviews for Steak n Shake

Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Steak n Shake in March 2011.

Well, interview with DM, HR Manager. 8 week training program

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington-Fayette, KY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington-Fayette, KY

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Steak n Shake in March 2011.

Walk in application... was hired instantly... had orientation few days later... began as a server and worked thru ranks of other lower management until I was offered a full salaried position.

Manager Interview

I was promoted from within the company. I started as a server then moved up to an Operations Supervisor which is basically an hourly manager. It helps to make good impressions with everyone you come into contact with. Word travels fast and you'll want only good words being said about you.

Interview Questions
    • This does not really apply since I was not interviewed and was promoted from within.   Answer Question
    There was not much negotiation. As a level 1 manager the salary is pretty standard from what I know.

Manager Interview

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Steak n Shake in January 2012.

I met with the HR Manager, then was passed off to a hiring GM. Then I met with the a District Manager and was offered the job a few days later. I would suggest just being yourself because if you have a pulse you'll get hired!

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where you had to make a quick decision.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Steak n Shake in March 2011.

I had 2 phone interviews with the HR department. I then had a face to face interview with the District Manager. After the interviews I had a 3 hour job shadow. Finally I got a job offer.

no negotiations