Steak n Shake Restaurant Manager Interview Questions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Steak n Shake (Richmond, VA) in April 2014.

Interview

I applied online and received a phone call to set up an in person interview. The interview went well and I was asked to go and observe operations the next day. After a background check I was hired. Process took 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They offered $45,000 and I accepted.

Other Interview Reviews for Steak n Shake

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Steak n Shake (Orlando, FL) in September 2013.

Interview

Went thru a series of interviews,

Restaurant Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Steak n Shake in August 2013.

Interview

Was contacted by a head hunter, had my application on line. They offered me a lower position then I was currently working, but a higher pay rate. All questions typical; work history, willingness to transfer, why was I willing to make a career change, best/worst experiences, etc. Two phone calls with head hunter, two with district manager, one formal interview, and a real job preview. Number of phone calls were based on my working 6-7 days a week at my previous employer. Received $1000 more than I asked for. Back ground check and drug check. Approximately 2 weeks from first call to job offer (my schedule restrictions were a big part of this delay). Started 2 weeks later on my first availability date.

Interview Questions

• What did I know about this company, its back ground, current state and future outlook that made it different from the job I was trying to leave?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The formal application had a place for a salary range. I received $1000 more than I asked for without negotiations.

Anonymous Employee in Clarksville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Steak n Shake (Clarksville, TN) in September 2011.

Interview

Phone interview then meeting with the DM

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at Steak n Shake (Tampa, FL) in September 2009.

Interview

District manager in person, HR on phone twice, Regional manager on phone, Worked in a store for 6 hours with a general manager as a "try out"