Steak n Shake Waitress Interview Questions

Updated Jul 16, 2015

2.0

Waitress Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Steak n Shake in July 2014.

Interview

The manager had me wait for a while. Since I went on Snag a Job I had to spend more time filling out a paper application. He asked me five questions 3 regular questions: tell me about yourself, interests, why do you want to work here etc. It was done quickly and said they'll call after more interviews

Interview Questions

• What does an average day for you look like What is your idea of an ideal boss   Answer Question

Offered cook position instead of server

Other Interview Reviews for Steak n Shake

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Steak n Shake (Orlando, FL) in December 2012.

Interview

Posted on snagajob.com, got a call 2 weeks later asking me to come in the next day. The interview was nice and the interviewer was very polite and understanding! I arrived about 15 minutes early, and we sat down and he asked about 5 questions off a sheet and rated 1-3 on each one. "What are your hobbies?" "What is your schedule like?" "How do you react under pressure?" "What work experience do you have?" I made sure to mention I've worked with children, and some silly stories! They mostly want to see your personality, so be sure to show them. It was quite funny when I couldn't think of any hobbies besides my cat and video games! They called me in for a second interview, but it was with the store manager and he discussed dress codes and orientation, and gave me papers to sign. :) It was a great overall experience, and I'm excited for orientation!

Interview Questions

• What's a difficult situation you've faced,and how did you face it?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was offered minimum wage and accepted,I have no experience and it would of been silly, situation wise, to negotiate for more.

Anonymous Employee in Murfreesboro, TN

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Steak n Shake (Murfreesboro, TN) in March 2012.

Interview

I was called in for an interview for the following day. However, I can't really think of it as an interview seeing as all that was asked was: 'Where do you live', 'How available are you', and 'please fill out this background check'. After three days I was called to be told the check came back fineand I was to start training the following week.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I had a vacation planned for the first week of April, and that was perfectly fine with the manager.

Anonymous Employee in Austell, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Steak n Shake (Austell, GA) in May 2011.

Interview

Interview is quick and to the point. I met with the manager then the GM. I initially wanted to be a cook but the manager insisted I should apply for the server position. It helped break away my shyness. One should always smile when interviewing while being very energetic.

Interview Questions

• Don't really remember, but typical servicer questions. Tell me about a time when you made a guest happy. Tell me a time when you can't answer a guest request. Why do you want to work their.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leesburg, FL

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Steak n Shake (Leesburg, FL) in October 2010.

Interview

I applied online through snagajob and received a call a couple of days later for scheduling an interview. I went in about 7 minutes early, had to wait a couple of minutes because of an interview with another woman. Halfway through the interview the phone rang and no one would answer it, so the woman interviewing me had to leave to answer it, which took about 15 minutes. Some of the questions asked were regarding work experience I had put on my application and what my responsibilities were. If I was planning to go to college, what my career goal was, and if I was planning to go to college in the area. They asked me why they should hire me and why I chose Steak N Shake. There were quite a few interruptions and she seemed distracted and didn't work towards making the interview feel comfortable.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Urbana, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Steak n Shake (Urbana, IL) in May 2010.

Interview

I walked in, asked for an application, filled it out, gave it to the manager. He told me to come back Tuesday at 10:30, ask for Melissa. (This was on Fri, if that makes a difference.) Came back Tuesday at 10:30, asked for Melissa. I was seated by a waitress, and was asked if I wanted anything to drink. I didn't accept because I wasn't sure if it was going to cost (I didn't have any money, so I didn't want to find out the hard way. I had to wait for Melissa from 10:20 to 11:45, then the manager, not Melissa, of the store comes out and apologizes for making me wait so long. They couldn't find my application. :\ So I wait another 15 minutes, she finally comes out, apologizes for making me wait. She was very nice overall. It looked like she had hand written interview questions, which I like about an employer, because it shows they're not just reading a script and depending on how well you read the script with them, is how you get the job. I think the time I spent waiting was probably spent getting my background check, because she then asked about any past offenses. It had been on the application and I said I had been convicted of two felonies. LSS, Steak n Shake's policy is 36 mos before they will hire you if you have a money theft felony. (Yes, I know it was wrong, and no one should ever hire me again, but every one makes mistakes and mine just happened to be a huge one. I'm trying to make up for everything by getting a job and paying back everything that I took. ) Anyway, uh. That was alot longer than I had planned on being. >.> Hope that helps you at all. :)

Interview Questions

• How would you feel about coming back in 18 months and interviewing again?   1 Answer

Waitress Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Steak n Shake.

Interview

Printed out and turned in, got called in for an interview a few weeks later.