Steel Authority of India

25 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

MT(T) Interview

MT(T)

I applied online and the process took 7 months - interviewed at Steel Authority of India in July 2014.

Interview Details – There will be a written exam.After clearing written exam you will be called or GD-PI. GD is not an elimination round.GD will be of there type. Discussion on a topic, Group task, Making priority.Each of them are of 20 minute. Written Exam(weight age 80%), GD(weight age 20%), PI(weight age 20%) . A merit list will be prepared based on your written exam gd pi marks.

Interview Question – They ask anything in interview. Mainly the interview was of HR type. they even gave me a problem of trignometry proof.Asked Puzzle also. Some technical question like heat treatment, annealing how ,,steel is made, What is 1Ton of refrigeration , About sail it's chairmen   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – as it is a PSU . No negotiation

Management Trainee

I applied online - interviewed at Steel Authority of India in July 2014.

Interview Details – Shortlisted after a written exam. They had a Group discussion round and a personal interview round. GD had 3 parts 1.debating on a topic 2.prioritizing things 3.discussion about managing an employee situation in a factory. Personal interview was on technical subjects and the stuff you put under extra curricular activities etc.

Interview Question – Questions on working of a steel plant, metallurgy aspects etc   Answer Question

Interviewed at Steel Authority of India

Interview Details – One round written which included 2 question papers- Quant and DI (easier than CAT) and another technical..say Mech. Engg, Electronics, etc depending on the stream you have applied for

1 GD and PI.
GD has 2-3 rounds..you can speak in english or hindi
PI is mostly on previous job and a bit HR/behavioural

Interview Question – SAIL is a jail..People who get into SAIL cannot come out of it..Why do you want to join such a company   View Answer

MT(T) Interview

MT(T)
Mumbai (India)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Steel Authority of India in July 2013.

Interview Details – first step was written exam containing 200 question from general awareness,reasoning,English,aptitude and domain knowledge. In my case domain was electrical engineering. about three months later written exam result was declared but they did not disclose the marks.

after that there was interview and group discussion.four members in interview panel.they asked about B tech training,power system questions, electrical machine questions,power electronics.they also asked about B tech programming.

in group discussion there was three activities.first one was general discussion on PSU condition in india and than conclusion. second one was discussion on ideal qualities of a manager and discussion on it. third one was discussion on assigning a government fund to some person or group based on experience and qualities related to that work.there were four persons in GD panel. It was not an elimination round.

Interview Question – what are you skills as manager that can add value to SAIL?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – i do not want to be placed where they were offering.

Management Trainee-2013 Interview

Management Trainee-2013
Chennai (India)

I applied online and the process took 9 months - interviewed at Steel Authority of India in November 2013.

Interview Details – Once you qualify in the written test, the next hurdle that is the GD/PI will come into your path. This phase has 3 parts in GD stage followed by personal interview.
GD, as you might have read in other experiences is the same based on your logical thinking,decision making. So, am not going into its details as GD is basic and more of common sense(as per my experience).
Coming to interview, it is unpredictable as the panel can ask anything be it HR related or tech related. The reason am quoting it to be unpredictable is the guy who went to the interview just before me was asked purely tech questions and the guy after me was asked more of GK based questions. I think it would be based on your reply to the first few questions in the interview( i.e., tell me about yourself, hobbies, background,etc.). These answers guide your interview path.
     Now comes my interview part. I was asked purely HR questions,not even a single tech question was asked (i don't know why). These HR questions were very basic and expected (like why sail?,why should we choose you?,etc).
     My overall interview experience was great but i was not offered the job (twist in the tale).

New Delhi (India)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Steel Authority of India in November 2013.

Interview Details – First a GD round (not elimination) GD round consists of 3 parts first was general discussion on topics second was prioritizing the group of events given by them followed by discussion and the third was decision making followed by discussion. In GD participants can discuss in HINDI too
Next in interview they ask mostly on your training or projects and little bit of HR type questions. But mostly rely on your technical aspects.

Interview Question – Im from pace near vizag and they asked question that "you got placed in SAIL and Vizag Steel Plant, then which will you prefer?"   Answer Question

Junior Assistant Trainee Interview

Junior Assistant Trainee

Interviewed at Steel Authority of India

Interview Details – VERY GOOD. merit based selection. good supportive interviwers. positive & healthy environment. selection preference is not given to political or other influential persons.

Interview Question – none....normal easy questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Management Trainee(Electrical) Interview

Management Trainee(Electrical)
Mumbai (India)

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Steel Authority of India in November 2013.

Interview Details – The interview process was held at a hotel in Mumbai in Nov'13. Around 45 candidates attended the process. The process consisted of Group Discussions and Personal Interview with no elimination stages. Details about the process are as given below:

1.) Groups of nine were divided for the GD's. GD comprised of three stages which were:

a.) A discussion on 'Whether person contesting for parliamentary seats should be a graduate.' It lasted around 20 minutes.

b.) A priority order was to be set for given points. The basis for the priority order were:
        - How to raise the standard of living for every Indian.
        - How to display India as a Global Superpower in front of the World.

The points given were some of the projects to be undertaken by India to achieve the aforementioned objectives.
     After the priority order had been set, a discussion took place regarding the priorities. The round lasted around 30 minutes.

c.) The third round was- A company wants to grant a fund to a research. There are 5 ideas from different persons of different backgrounds(engineer,pensioner,mechanic etc). Select the best one and then hold a discussion justifying your stand.It again lasted 30 minutes.

2.) PI comprised of technical as well as HR questions. Technical questions were mainly directed towards industrial training and projects completed in one's graduation year with more focus towards training aspect, especially if it was done in a large company. HR questions were pretty basic and some of them were vague too. I hadn't studied technical, so I told the interviewers the same. I was ergo, flooded with HR questions.

-There was no barrier for language in both GD's and interviews; i.e. a person could have spoken both in Hindi or English.
-The reporting time was 8 a.m. and the process finished around 4 p.m.
-There was no lunch provided but only tea and coffee.
-The results are awaited.

Interview Question – What would you do if a technician meets with an accident and gets his hand chopped off at 3 in the morning ?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern

Interview Details – Email resume and cover letter

Interview Question – No extremely difficult question as such. Questions regarding past experience in the preferred technology and projects undertaken.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
Bhilai (India)

The process took 3 days - interviewed at Steel Authority of India.

Interview Details – No interview process involved here

Interviews for Top Jobs at Steel Authority of India

Worked for Steel Authority of India? Contribute to the Community!